Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LETTER  (Read 34860 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE LETTER
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2011, 03:51:49 PM »

Track 7 in fact could be a Sergio Mendes song.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »

There are a number of cretins (technical term) on the A&M Board who decry Grusin's orchestrations.  I can only surmise these people are deaf.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »

BK, you should really check out the Warner Archive release of THE THIRD DAY to sample the magnificent Percy Faith score (never released, hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say n'more), as it is eerily similar to Grusin's work here.

JMK

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2011, 03:57:39 PM »

Plug you'll get to hear Arte Johnson "sing" Love Me Now.

JMK

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2011, 04:04:57 PM »

Strangely Arte Johnson's take on playing a lounge pianist is far from the creepiest of that ilk I have personally experienced.  ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »

Whew!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »

Happy Birthday Arnold!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

Watching the unfolding disaster in western ND and Montana The Missouri is on the Rampage due to snowmelt in the Rockies and a lot of rivers that feed into the Missouri also are in the rise including the Yellowstone and Platte.

Bismarck has very little flooding since they build the Garrison Dam and with recent releases by the ARmy Corps of Engineers the river is still rising. Alll the lakes behind the dams are FULL...  It is flooding places that have not seen flooding in nearly 50 years
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2011, 06:10:49 PM »

and that does not count Devils Lake

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »

Other than that I do say hello to one and all I hope you are all well

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »

Well - everyone arrived for the luncheon.....and it was wonderful seeing folks that I hadn't seen in 10-25 years - and from all over the country.....  Hopefully it was also nice to be seen.

We had our intro, our invocation, our luncheon - our Roll of Honor (thanks DR JOSE for the idea) - and then we began a "Memories" section where those who wished could stand and talk a bit - I was the second crack out of the box....and we had several funny & touching anecdotes.

As my friend from the past Ann stood and began to talk - there was some commotion from the other end of the room....my friend Ernie had collapsed and fallen to the floor......ambulance was called......and arrived....I ran out to the front door of the building so they could get into the door closest to the room.....  Ernie was non responsive - not breathing - they got his pulse back, and shocked him and then put him on a respirator....

People were directed to head on out to the theatre, if they wished.....most did.  I pulled my car around and took Ernie's wife to the hospital emergency room.....a few miles away.  I waited with her through a most trying - but necessary - process of checking him in, etc.

Linda & Ernie's daughter Stacy had been called and was "on the way."    I sat with Linda in the ER - there were a few words from the doctors....Ernie was breathing on his own.

One hour later, Stacy and her husband and son arrived.  Linda told me to go on out to the barn where I was expected and needed......  I did - but don't really know much of what was going on there......the DVD was a success.....we sold MANY MANY copies.....several season tickets.....had a chocolate fountain and all sorts of other goodies.  People were MOST entertained and appreciative.  The open house was public, so many people not at the luncheon were in attendance.

Stacy & husband came by to pick up Ernie's car - and of course it was at the venue NOT the theatre.....but they stayed so their son could have some marshmallows in the chocolate fountain. 

Ernie was airlifted to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis - where he is at this moment - still unresponsive.....so there we are....

An emotion charged day for so many of us.

Thoughts prayers and vibes for Ernie (he was Oscar to my Felix) if you will.....Thanks.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »

Vibes to Cilla's freind Joe.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »

It's not a spoon - it's a ladle!

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »

Vibes and prayers for Ernie...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2011, 06:41:56 PM »

Thoughts, prayers and vibes to Ernie!

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »

DR Cillaliz, sorry i just saw your bean salad post now.

My mom has a pretty simple one. But i think you are supposed to make it a day or two before. I don't have the recipe in front of me. But she opens a bunch of cans of beans (green beans, kidney, chick peas...). And i think she uses celery and onions. And then there is some kind of marinade that you boil (vinegar and sugar?) and then you let that cool and mix it all together.

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2011, 06:48:40 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Arnold Brockman!

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2011, 06:53:09 PM »

That must be so hard for Joe to have to keep going back to look for more of this stuff.

:(

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »

Thoughts prayers and vibes for Ernie,  Oscar to DR Jrand's Felix!!!

Jane

« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »

VIBES TO THOSE IN THE FLOOD AREAS!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »

Jennifer-

Thanks For Your Good Wishes

Jane

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2011, 07:18:05 PM »

'NIGHT

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »

I'm only familiar wth Torvill & Dean's Mack and Mabel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA3oC28ayIs

DR Jane - I love this routine!  Also, their BARNUM and, of course, BOLERO.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »

Dakota Celt-

Thanks For Your Birthday Wishes

Laura

« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »

You can tell FEMA is a federal agency.  He met with a FEMA adjuster yesterday who walked through the house and said everything is a total loss.  Now the dumb part.  He has to apply for a loan first.  He will be turned down due to his income then he can apply to FEMA for emergency funds because he doesn't have enough money to get the loan.   What a ridiculous process.  Why can't someone just skip the loan app and apply directly for the funds you may qualify for.   Outrageous.

The answer to your question: See sentence 1.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »

AFter the 1997 flood, I really question FEMA some days

Laura

« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2011, 07:25:22 PM »

What a terrible thing to have happen, JRand. Prayers for Ernie and his family.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2011, 07:44:16 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Arnold M. Brockman!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JMK

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »

Prayers for Ernie.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »

Vibes for Ernie and for JRand.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up