Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK ON THE BOARDS  (Read 14567 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: BACK ON THE BOARDS
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »

Sorry to hear about the flooding, Vixmom. Gotta love those church yard sales, though. It's a bright side, at least.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »

That took us to Page Six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »

And with that, good night!
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »

Don't ask me why but I just watch the funerals of James Mitchell, Ruth Warwick, Eilleen Herlie and Frances Heflin as their characters on All My Children
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »

Great ice cream story, Jose. I think some people should just be made to live near Sarah Palin. Real near her.

Doug does get his share of crazies at the truck, but this lady was truly something, er... special. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »

Mary Linda has arrived safely from Michigan and we're all going tomorrow to an open house at Rob's paramedic school.  He will receive his pin and we'll go out for a nice lunch afterwards.

'night!

I wonder what one does at an open house at a paramedic school?

Do you get to play "triage"? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2011, 09:54:11 PM »

Not in what we just uploaded - but there is another cast album coming shortly, along with Jason's album and a cast album reissue of Adryan Russ and Doug Haverty's Inside Out, starring Jan Maxwell (everyone's fave from the CD Follies, Cass Morgan, Ann Crumb, and others.

The "CD Follies"??... Oh.. Got it... The "DC Follies"...

I guess it's nice to know that DR vixmom is always here on HHW in spirit. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »

Not in what we just uploaded - but there is another cast album coming shortly, along with Jason's album and a cast album reissue of Adryan Russ and Doug Haverty's Inside Out, starring Jan Maxwell (everyone's fave from the CD Follies, Cass Morgan, Ann Crumb, and others.

It's not Ask BK Day, but...

bk - Have you explored digital distribution rights for some of your limited edition releases? -If that's even possible. Could you do a limited "hard" pressing along with some sort of digital/iTunes release?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:00:03 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2011, 09:59:12 PM »

And speaking of seeing shows...

I will be seeing Death Take a Holiday tomorrow night. It turns out that one of my regular coaching students is Jill Paice's boyfriend. :)
Cool. I wanna hear how Maury Yeston's score is. He's been working on this for ages.

I'm looking forward to it too. -And I really do like the Laura Pels Theatre too. Sounds like the perfect space for this chamber-musical.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2011, 10:03:09 PM »

And since it's just shy of 1:00am...

And since I'm supposed to be down at the Union Square Greenmarket in nine hours, well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »

It's not Ask BK Day, but...

bk - Have you explored digital distribution rights for some of your limited edition releases? -If that's even possible. Could you do a limited "hard" pressing along with some sort of digital/iTunes release?

The film companies never give digital distribution for limited editions - they keep all those for themselves.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2011, 11:48:16 PM »

Ben, I hope you enjoy the show. I would imagine, as has been discussed on these pages before, that it is a visual feast. But somehow, I couldn't muster enough enthusiasm for "Book of Mormon" to download the CD for $1.99. If the library gets it, I may copy it, but it left me so apathetic on first listen that I can't imagine wanting to listen to it again.

not sure if the library would get a copy because of the language unless they get the "clean" version

When music CDs were first being released in "edited" and "Parental Advisory" versions, our library actually would get both and have them on separate records, so that people could choose which version they wanted.  I don't remember when they stopped, but the library (finally) decided that two versions of every available title was too much money to spend.  Now, they get the unedited version every time...and no one has complained. :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:50:36 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up