Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GOLD OF GOLDSMITH  (Read 33174 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re: THE GOLD OF GOLDSMITH
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2011, 02:13:24 PM »

Michael Jeter's performance and acceptance speech was my all time favorite Tony moment

Ditto and Tritto

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »

and a BOATLOAD of stuff for  next weeks churcgh yard sale

You had to get a boat for the basement?

Dry vibes for the vixfamily!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2011, 02:43:36 PM »

I don't think there'll be many surprises tonight, but just put spoiler warnings if you're going to name something or someone.  I don't really care one way or the other, however.

If anyone feels the need to type any of the winners names, please, just send me a PM.  I will not be awake for the West Coast version, so I don't mind.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:47:41 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2011, 02:44:56 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »

I evidently have not even slightly piqued the curiosity of BK.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »

Michael Jeter's performance and acceptance speech was my all time favorite Tony moment

Ditto, too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »

Yes, I too, had six empty messages from DR Michael Shayne on Facebook this morning, so I too believe he's been hacked. I got it on Twitter, to which I never tweet. There are 27 posts from someone claiming to be me, all badly spelled, all grammatical disasters, and I'm wondering if Lady Macbeth is my hacker.

I'd gotten some empty Facebook messages from DR Michael S., also. :-\

I hope that it's all better.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »

and a BOATLOAD of stuff for  next weeks churcgh yard sale

You had to get a boat for the basement?

Dry vibes for the vixfamily!

Ditto!
I've meant to send my wishes all day and I keep forgetting!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2011, 03:21:32 PM »

Well, I just finished watching some TV up in my bedroom and now have to take a shower.  Theater Artists Olympia is having their annual meeting at 4:00 and I'm going to go.  They're also having elections for new officers and I've been nominated to be a new officer-at-large.  I think that all who have been nominated are unopposed, so it's not going to be a surprise who wins. ;)

George

« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »

We're also having a pot-luck barbecue, so HOPEFULLY, I'll be back in time for the Tony Awards.  I've set both of my DVRs to record, so unless the building loses power, I will record it. :)

George

« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:35 PM »

I will now be off, take a shower, get dressed, figure something out to bring to the pot-luck and participate in an election.

Have a good day, all!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:53 PM »

I saw a touring production of CAMELOT about ten or fifteen years ago, with Noel Harrison as Arthur.  I was extremely surprised how good Harrison was in the role.  I guess the only acting I had seen him do before, was on THE GIRL FROM U.N.C.L.E.  Still the production was staged very strangely.  Center stage was this very large raked circular platform.  On both stage left and stage right they had these semi-castle walls, that had a covered balcony running along them.  What I remember most of the whole three hours was "If Ever I Would Leave You."  The scene started and Guenevere was onstage (probably sitting on that damn platform) by herself and the orchesttra started the intro of the song, and you could hear the buzz in the audience of, "Where is Lancelot?"  The music got to Lancelot's first note, and sure enough, his voice came in right on cue.  For the first half of the song the whole audience was playing Where's Waldo? trying to find Lancelot.  Finally he was spotted about half way upstage on that covered balcony.  There was never any connection between Lance and Guenevere.  Very weird staging!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »

I saw a touring production of CAMELOT about ten or fifteen years ago, with Noel Harrison as Arthur.  I was extremely surprised how good Harrison was in the role.  I guess the only acting I had seen him do before, was on THE GIRL FROM U.N.C.L.E.  Still the production was staged very strangely.  Center stage was this very large raked circular platform.  On both stage left and stage right they had these semi-castle walls, that had a covered balcony running along them.  What I remember most of the whole three hours was "If Ever I Would Leave You."  The scene started and Guenevere was onstage (probably sitting on that damn platform) by herself and the orchesttra started the intro of the song, and you could hear the buzz in the audience of, "Where is Lancelot?"  The music got to Lancelot's first note, and sure enough, his voice came in right on cue.  For the first half of the song the whole audience was playing Where's Waldo? trying to find Lancelot.  Finally he was spotted about half way upstage on that covered balcony.  There was never any connection between Lance and Guenevere.  Very weird staging!

And I have seen three different actors list in their bios that they played Lancelot in that production at the 5th Avenue Theatre. 
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2011, 03:29:40 PM »

Yes, I too, had six empty messages from DR Michael Shayne on Facebook this morning, so I too believe he's been hacked. I got it on Twitter, to which I never tweet. There are 27 posts from someone claiming to be me, all badly spelled, all grammatical disasters, and I'm wondering if Lady Macbeth is my hacker.

I'd gotten some empty Facebook messages from DR Michael S., also. :-\

I hope that it's all better.

And I have gotten Facebook messages from Arnold M. Brockman, so I guess it is an epidemic.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2011, 03:46:25 PM »

I got a call from my sister this morning (we don't stay mad long).  She called to say that a.)  I should have been at the game, and b.) It was lucky that I wasn't at the game.

The should have been there part was because my great-nephew got three touchdowns during the game.  Actually four, but one got called back.  The shouldn't have been there part was that at the end of the game, the gang member brother of one of my great-nephews teammates was angry that our team lost and came on the field and opened fire with a gun at the players on the field.  He shot over everyone's heads, either accidently or on purpose, but I guess it scared the sh** out of everyone.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »

http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/04/road-sondheim-took-in-1971.html

DR MBarnum, you will find on here a film clip of Gregory Harrison in the Roundabout production of FOLLIES.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

I got a call from my sister this morning (we don't stay mad long).  She called to say that a.)  I should have been at the game, and b.) It was lucky that I wasn't at the game.

The should have been there part was because my great-nephew got three touchdowns during the game.  Actually four, but one got called back.  The shouldn't have been there part was that at the end of the game, the gang member brother of one of my great-nephews teammates was angry that our team lost and came on the field and opened fire with a gun at the players on the field.  He shot over everyone's heads, either accidently or on purpose, but I guess it scared the sh** out of everyone.

Is the fool now in jail?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »

Good Afternoon! Good Evening!

Tony Fever is definitely in the air in NYC!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2011, 04:08:57 PM »

part 1 made me smile.
part 2  :o

i have the same question as DR elmore.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »

Good evening.  I'm home from my trip.  Had a good time, but am very tired after a seven hour drive and a trip down to see the flooding.  It's gone up since I left but not too much.  That's a good thing

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »

i'm going to try to stay up for the Tonys

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »

Welcome Back, DR Cillaliz!

-I keep meaning to ask you if your office and/or your house is in danger of being affected by the flood waters?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2011, 04:24:05 PM »

I'm looking forward to our gathering tonight - the show not so much, but the gathering definitely.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »

I've been listening to the source uploads for our next three or four projects - when we're through with them they will sound superb.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »

I had a sandwich and onion rings for lunch.

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2011, 04:25:57 PM »

Back from a nice visit with my mother.  I've had a sandwich and an apple and now I'm watching 60 MINUTES to see the report about THE KING'S SPEECH.  Looking forward to the Tonys!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »

Welcome back, DR Cillaliz - did you find your weekend refreshing?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2011, 04:27:42 PM »

cilla i'm glad you had a nice time.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

Is the fool now in jail?

I guess hew escaped in all the excitement.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2011, 04:30:50 PM »

Are we close?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26   Go Up