Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: KICKSTARTER  (Read 16862 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: KICKSTARTER
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 06:57:09 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm discovering just how dry(!!!!) my brother's condo is. I'm parched, I tell ya'! Parched!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »

DR Matthew - Good news indeed! I hope you and DD Ben have some more successful and happy walks this weekend.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 07:01:05 AM »

DR Ginny - May today be filled with more happy memories and smiles for you and your family.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 07:02:45 AM »

DR Matthew - Good news indeed! I hope you and DD Ben have some more successful and happy walks this weekend.

Well, DD Ben is coming to my rehearsal with me this morning and then to some auditions this afternoon.  I think he's going to have a great time!!!  He's pretty much "cleared" to go anywhere I'm going this summer, and I'm happy for that. 

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 07:08:42 AM »

Is Aunt Jo your mom's sister?

Yes, DR Laura, Aunt Jo was about 10 years younger than my Mom, but if you'd seen them side by side you'd have thought the opposite.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 07:09:46 AM »

I do recommend (and I don't do it that often) that you search out COMPANY on the big screen. I believe Sunday is the last day to see. It's a lot better than the version where the cast played their own instruments a few years back.

When you have members from the New York Philharmonic backing you during a concert version, well... O hope it would be better. ;)

*I actually liked the Esparza/Doyle Company. Alas, I don't think the video of the production did it justice.

**And I believe the DVD for "Company in Concert" will be released just in time for Christmas and Hannukah. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »

OK... Time for me to get ready to head back into Arena, then back up to NYC later this afternoon.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2011, 07:13:02 AM »

DR Elmore - today's memorial service is in the chapel at Otterbein Retirement Community.  Aunt Jo is to be cremated, but that won't take place until early next week because Ohio law requires signatures of all offspring and her older son didn't arrive from Japan until last night.  He and his brother will sign the papers today, but it's a weekend.  Her remains will be placed in a device in which a seedling can be planted and a tree will grow in her memory.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2011, 07:14:15 AM »

DR Ginny - May today be filled with more happy memories and smiles for you and your family.

Thanks, DR Jose - I think it will...

Laura

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2011, 07:19:29 AM »

Wow. That's a crazy law. What if one or more of the offspring can't or doesn't come?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 07:20:24 AM »

I know I was the one who signed everything.

Laura

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2011, 07:28:04 AM »

I don't like being a grownup sometimes.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 07:34:19 AM »

Wow. That's a crazy law. What if one or more of the offspring can't or doesn't come?

We wondered that, DR Laura, considering Dan lives in Japan.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 07:34:49 AM »

Off to the outlet mall - bye for now!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 07:37:46 AM »

Perhaps I missed a response, if so, sorry, but could a Smartphone maven lend some assistance (actually to DW Wife Betsy):  is there an easy way to change your Gmail password on an Android phone?  You would think so, but Googling this provides only very convoluted ways to do it.  With Android phones (which come pre-equipped with a Gmail app), you enter your User ID and password the first time you turn the phone on, and then you're stuck with it.  There doesn't seem to be an easy way to change your password, and if you just do it online on your computer, your phone stops getting emails.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 07:38:41 AM »

I got a nice early Father's Day present yesterday--I was told I do not need to go to my church gig tomorrow as it is Youth Sunday and the kids are handling all of the music.  Pray for the church.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 07:39:38 AM »

Finding a knowledgeable landlord attorney has been a major issue this week, and we still don't have one.  ORS (Oregon Revised Statutes) are *extremely* unclear on a number of issues and every attorney I've spoken to has a different opinion as to what various statutes mean.  Oy.

JMK

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 07:40:22 AM »

Do any DRs have any questions for BK's close personal friend Nick Redman, whom I will be interviewing tomorrow?

FJL

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 07:42:51 AM »

I'm around, but have nothing of interest to say.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »

I got a nice early Father's Day present yesterday--I was told I do not need to go to my church gig tomorrow as it is Youth Sunday and the kids are handling all of the music.  Pray for the church.  ;)

Amen

Laura

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2011, 08:02:27 AM »

Thank goodness we aren't doing that tomorrow. Our Youth Sunday will be sometime later.

Kerry

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 08:52:41 AM »

Good morning to all.  Vibes to everyone because you just never know.
I like boat races.

JMK

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 08:54:13 AM »

I still remember my sisters dragging me to RETURN FROM THE ASHES when I was very young.  I had no clew what was going on and I kept asking them why Ingrid Thulin had the numbers on her arm and they kept telling me to shut up.  That in sum is my memory of RETURN FROM THE ASHES.

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 09:07:32 AM »

Wishing broken legs to both Druxy and BK today on their readings!

Hope you both sell many books!

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 09:12:06 AM »

Good thoughts and vibes to you and yours, DR Ginny! I am very glad that your family are enjoying the getting together part, even if it is for a solemn occasion. No doubt your aunt would want it to be that way.

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »

DR Matthew, so very happy to hear that things with Dog Ben are working out and how handy to have a niece that can make the transition go smoother...perhaps she is a future animal trainer!

It sounds like Ben is pretty darn well behaved, but if he is not, yet, I do recommend taking him to doggie training classes...it is amazing what a difference it will make...when I had dog Bosco I took him, but only to two classes. What I learned in those two classes helped a great deal in understanding doggie behaviour as well as doggie owner behaviour.

The reason that I didn't finish the course was that dog Bosco was already so well behaved.... he even seemed to understand hand signals...that I didn't feel the need to continue. But I am glad that I went.

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »

Today I need to do scanning of photos...then I am meeting a lady for lunch at Star of India. The lady, Kanta, is going through a difficult time as her son-in-law committed suicide last month and her son (who is only 49 years old) is suffering from some sort of dementia, which the doctors are trying to figure out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »

I'm up and must leave for a couple of hours.  Gray out again, so the car wash is probably closed again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »

Just to reiterate what Jrand said: If you donate, no money is taken until the project closes on July 17 and then ONLY if we've reached our 5K goal.

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2011, 09:25:01 AM »

Sunday I am heading to Portland for http://www.pridenw.org/ with some friends. I haven't gone to a Gay Pride event in years, so it should be a fun and festive time, and I love any excuse to get to downtown Portland.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up