Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GREAT WHATSIT  (Read 18003 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: THE GREAT WHATSIT
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 07:44:19 AM »

Safe Travel vibes Elmore@
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »

JMK.. What is there street address and I and i can find out hat zone they are in.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 07:48:01 AM »

Here are some picture of the flooding from KMOT, NBC affiliate

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.207992072577329.50909.113338562042681

They sounding the sirens now in Minot for people in the zones to get out

Jane, they zoo was completely evacuated last week and the animals in holding areas outside of teh city and regional zoos in Fargo, Sioux Falls, Minneapolis and St Paul.

Both zoo and the people will need help

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 07:50:16 AM »

HEllo one and all

Was busy Yesterday

Fairgrounds here are an evac ground for animals of all sorts fro the Minot area including one of the humane society

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:15 AM »

Vibes for DR DAKOTA CELT.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:28 AM »

Nice interview with Mr Redman DR JMK!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:49 AM »

Beautiful day today -so far.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 07:53:09 AM »

Hmmmmmm.......

My question for ASK BK DAY - at those previews you mentioned ...  do you think the audience booed at the names because they thought said person MIGHT be in the audience to find out the reaction to the film.....have you ever identified a participant at a PREVIEW you attended or been asked to fill out a card?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 07:55:59 AM »

DR ELMORE - I showed the music book to my assistant director, who owns an insurance agency.....she said - oh I don't have paper that big.....

Then I was talking to my music director who said he might be able to take it to his school and reduce it.....my AD said...."Oh, my copy machine reduces....."

So I gave her the score and asked her to reduce to about 83% - her system also EMAILS the copies.....so I now have all the pages of FIE on regular size paper....the Vocal Directors has a list of names of the guys in the song and he can make assignments, write them on the paper....we can copy....and give it to the guys!

So there you have it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »

I am in FArgo but I also have friends and Rellies ni Minot.

NOt a good situation

JMK<

The folowing are stations in Minot with a livefeed

http://www.kmot.com/
http://www.kxmc.com/    or http://www.kxnet.com

KFGO radio out of Fargo is also providing information for they have one of the bigger reaches in ND
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:01:13 AM by DakotaCelt »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »

I love KISS ME, DEADLY.

I read about it first in a Danny Peary filmbook - where I first read about THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL......and then saw it a few years later - and bought the DVD.....

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 08:05:59 AM »

Hi everyone - DD Ben went to the vet yesterday and did very well.  He got his rabies shot and is all ready to go  He is at a good weight and seems to be healthy.  Our walks have been fun filled with almost NO pulling on my part.  He's behaving well at camp and the kids love him.

It's been a week since he came to live with me, and the strides he's made have been amazing. 

Other than that, everything else is the same :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10:24 AM »

Safe Travel vibes Elmore@

I'm traveling?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »

I thought you were traveling to DC, did I miss read?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »

I see Ron is performing in Follies, very cool!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 08:13:56 AM »

According to a feed out of Minot, they are now sounding the sirens

Laura

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 08:20:36 AM »

Prayers to all those suffering in the flooding. I just can't even imagine it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 08:24:05 AM »

Too bad there are no aquaducts, etc to send the excess water to places that need it like AZ,TX and other dry areas

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »

I thought you were traveling to DC, did I miss read?

You did.  ;)

DR Jose had problems getting to DC yesterday. I'm doing laundry and tidying up the apartment. I would rather be in DC!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »

ASK BK #1

Other than Bachelor Bills that was used in The Creature Wasn't Nice are any more songs still in existance that was written for what was supposed to be the followup  to Nudie Musical about two sailors on shore leave?

Bachelor Bills wan't written for Sailors - it was specifically written for The Creature Wasn't Nice.  The entire song score was written for Sailors and I have it on a demo.  I hadn't found it in time to put anything on the Rare Tracks CD, but there may be a second volume of that.  Can't remember exactly how many songs, but I think it's around eight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »

ASK BK #2

Will there be any exclusive to Blu Ray features not found on the DVD?

Will it be a combo pack? Bu Ray/DVD/Digital Upload

All the DVD features will be ported over.  Not sure if there will be anything completely new, but a couple of the DVD features will probably be in higher quality, i.e. the trailer and the deleted plumber scene, but won't know that until I finish the picture transfer.  Oh, yes, there will be: We found a reel of costume tests and we'll include those, and I may do a new video introduction.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 08:43:03 AM »

ASK BK #3

At one time you thought about releasing a spoken word album Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe, but it turned out to be expensive. Was it the title or is it "speaking" cast albums in general that are expensive? (What makes them more expensive than musicals?)

Virginia Woolf was simply going to be too expensive to do - Mr. Albee's outrageous royalty deal was the cause.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2011, 08:48:34 AM »

Hmmmmmm.......

My question for ASK BK DAY - at those previews you mentioned ...  do you think the audience booed at the names because they thought said person MIGHT be in the audience to find out the reaction to the film.....have you ever identified a participant at a PREVIEW you attended or been asked to fill out a card?

They booed because both actors were then out of favor - for Mr. Beatty, Bonnie and Clyde put him back on the map.  For Mr. Hudson it would be a while and would happen in TV.  Not sure what you mean by participant at a preview - if you mean directors and/or cast - frequently at the real sneak previews.  Blake Edwards was at all his and I saw many of his films that way, including the first of the 1970s Pink Panther series, which had major reshoots after its bomb preview in Westwood.  If you mean did I know other preview nuts, yes, they were at every preview.  If I ever get around to doing a second book of short stories, there's one about that phenomenon that I've already started.  In fact, I thought about it being a full novel, but I decided it just wasn't anything other than a long short story.  There were cards at only a handful of the hundreds of previews I attended.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2011, 08:49:04 AM »

I'm up.  The gray is already burning off and it should be another hot day.  Oh, a Schmidt and Jones reference.

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »

Lawsy, was there ever some great film music circa 1966-68.  Listening to a Percy Faith two-fer of film themes which is just one glorious melody after another. 

Like!!

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 09:11:02 AM »

non-Flooding vibes for those in peril!

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »

DR Matthew, sounds like DD Ben was just the medicine you needed!

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »

I must head down to T-Mobie as I can't seem to get this new fangled phone, I think it is called a Sidekick and it has an android or something like that in it....anyway, I can't answer phone calls on it, it stopped connecting to the internet and I can't figure out how to get the ringtone that I downloaded to the phone to actually play when the phone rings.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2011, 09:21:02 AM »

All good questions for THEM DR MBARNUM.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »

Thank you MR BK.

Yes, I meant participants in the movie.....although the story sounds like it will be fun!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up