Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SIX BITES  (Read 9246 times)

Ben

Re: SIX BITES
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:17 AM »

And let's move to Page 2.

Ben

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:35 AM »

A Vixter Dance in her honor.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 06:14:03 AM »

We may watch Wuthering Heights this afternoon. We watched Part 2 of Jane Eyre last night. Great production.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 06:14:22 AM »

And with that, I am off for various other errands.

Bye for now.

FJL

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 06:14:34 AM »

Jose - What?  No mention of the OKLAHOMA tribute parody video from last fall?  :) :)

"Everything's Up to Date at the Arena"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIMKGkAaRM

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 06:43:46 AM »

We may watch Wuthering Heights this afternoon. We watched Part 2 of Jane Eyre last night. Great production.

DR Ben, was this the JANE EYRE with Toby Stephenson as Rochester?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 06:51:49 AM »

Yes, it was. We found the DVDs in the Library. A friend in Middlesborough had sent me a Region 2 DVD and we couldn't watch it so we looked in the library and there it was.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »

Yes, it was. We found the DVDs in the Library. A friend in Middlesborough had sent me a Region 2 DVD and we couldn't watch it so we looked in the library and there it was.

Toby is Maggie Smith's son, and I'm a big fan of his. He's also in the wonderful film of TWELFTH NIGHT.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 07:09:23 AM »

Which version of WUTHERING HEIGHTS are you watching?

Ben

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 07:16:35 AM »

The BBC production with Robert Cavanah and Orla Brady

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2011, 07:17:34 AM »

Last night, my wife and I watched UNKNOWN w/Liam Neeson.

I know I'm in the minority here, but we enjoyed it.

:o

Yes, the car chase is a bit long and there are a couple of moments where you briefly question the story's logic, but all in all, its quite entertaining.

This is one of those movies that you either go along with for the ride, or you don't.

And, in this case, the ride was fun.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 07:28:09 AM »

The BBC production with Robert Cavanah and Orla Brady

I liked that adaptation very much.

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 07:47:39 AM »

Good morning, the sun is shining out and in a short while I will hie myself up to Aumsville, Oregon to take my mom out to breakfast and then I will work on her computer problems.....although, it might not actually be the computer that has the problems, if you get my drift  8)

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 07:49:49 AM »

This whole weekend I am dog sitting Dog Piper. Piper is some sort of terrier doodle mix. He is mostly a sweet dog, but he stinks...and is making my allergies go crazy.

He is also petrified of cat Freddy, who has been nothing but nice to him...once he made sure the dog knew who was the boss.

We took a nice early morning walk, and right now Piper is hiding under the bed.

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »

I think that Piper would much prefer to be spending the weekend at his weiner dog friend's house.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »

Good morning, all! My neighbor above me, who's very very quiet most of the time, had a very noisy arrival home this morning around 6:15 and I spent an hour and a half trying to get back to sleep and fretting over the arrangement I am working on. I am bathed, dressed and ready to tackle the problem section.

Last night I found on my answering machine a phone message from the wonderful Rosemary Ashe, the original London Carlotta in Sir Andrew's PHANTOM OF THE OPERA; she's also the Lucky Lockit in the Roger Daltrey video of THE BEGGAR's OPERA. She is in New York for the next several months or so looking for theatrical and musical work. I look forward to seeing her and introducing her to various friends.

BK, about your bug bites: check very carefully the bottom sheet of your bed for small blood spots. It sounds like bed bugs to me, and you might have brought them in on your luggage. You wouldn't have a great many bites depending on how heavy the infestation. I had very few bites, just a feeling that there were critters in bed with me.

Love me some Rosemary Ashe!!! 

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 07:56:27 AM »

TOD - I haven't been to a single meet up.  But I plan to head down this fall for the event at LACC.  I hope the timing works out!

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2011, 07:57:13 AM »

TOD:

Each and every HHW get-together that I have attended has been great fun...and thinking about it, I guess I have been fortunate to have attended many!

The one in Tacoma last year, when DRs TCB, Ann, BK, and I saw DR George in BRAIN FROM PLANET X was particularly fun.

The New York walking and eating and walking and eating tour was a blast and was chock full of HHW DRs, many of who are no longer here...on HHW that is.

And of course the celebrity laden HHW get-together for the first ever production of THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X was a thrill...and of course there were celebrities galore including Hugh O"Brien, Cindy Williams, Laurie Mitchell, Diana Darrin, Stella Stevens, Kevin Spirtis and many others.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2011, 07:59:43 AM »

MBarnum has evidently shut out memories of his many PDX gatherings, probably because he wasn't quite sure where he was.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2011, 08:02:17 AM »

I am currently in 1969-70 courtesy of a Percy Faith two-fer.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 08:03:15 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »

Happy Day to the Vixter!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »

Must try to get two papers under way today and too much other work done.
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 08:14:42 AM »

SMITH has some surprisingly lovely music in it (despite the distortion of the tape, which was probably a little handheld cassette in the audience).  It also sounds like it had a surprisingly large orchestra for an off-Bway show, but that's how things used to be done back in the olden days.

JMK

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 08:18:40 AM »

Wow--Tunick did the orchestrations!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 09:15:10 AM »

SMITH has some surprisingly lovely music in it (despite the distortion of the tape, which was probably a little handheld cassette in the audience).  It also sounds like it had a surprisingly large orchestra for an off-Bway show, but that's how things used to be done back in the olden days.

It was the Phoenix Theatre, where THE GOLDEN APPLE with a 25-piece orchestr and ONCE UPON A MATTRESS began before their Broadway transfers.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »

Good morning, all! My neighbor above me, who's very very quiet most of the time, had a very noisy arrival home this morning around 6:15 and I spent an hour and a half trying to get back to sleep and fretting over the arrangement I am working on. I am bathed, dressed and ready to tackle the problem section.

Last night I found on my answering machine a phone message from the wonderful Rosemary Ashe, the original London Carlotta in Sir Andrew's PHANTOM OF THE OPERA; she's also the Lucky Lockit in the Roger Daltrey video of THE BEGGAR's OPERA. She is in New York for the next several months or so looking for theatrical and musical work. I look forward to seeing her and introducing her to various friends.

BK, about your bug bites: check very carefully the bottom sheet of your bed for small blood spots. It sounds like bed bugs to me, and you might have brought them in on your luggage. You wouldn't have a great many bites depending on how heavy the infestation. I had very few bites, just a feeling that there were critters in bed with me.

Love me some Rosemary Ashe!!! 

She's a hoot!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 09:29:59 AM »

I spoke to Ms Ashe; she's in Connecticut for the weekend, and I'll see her on Tuesday afternoon. I'm looking forward to it.

Tonight, the Ohio Light Opera begins their performances of JUBILEE. I'm a bit pissed that I wasn't invited to show up - I can't afford to go around the corner but they could have flown me out - and their inept director certainly hasn't called with any questions. While I'm curious about what they've done with the show, I am more looking forward to this year's Tams-Witmark royalty check!

The Vixter

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »

A Vixter Dance in her honor.

Only if you dance with me. :)
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

John G.

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 10:08:19 AM »

Another long exhausting day
Another thousand dollars
No matinee
No Pinter play
Not even a piece of Mahler's.

Well, it wasn't quite a thousand dollars, but it has been exhausting and long (and it's only 12:03), but I have a new dishwasher coming (the price was even $50 lower than the advertised sales price).
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up