Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NEARING THE FINISH LINE  (Read 13231 times)

MBarnum

Re: NEARING THE FINISH LINE
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 08:42:21 AM »

TOD:

The only courtroom drama that comes to mind is LADIES OF THE JURY starring Edna Mae Oliver. But that is from the 1930s.

MBarnum

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »

Page 2 PENGUIN POOL MURDER dance.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 08:49:18 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And the first load of laundry is in the washer. Of course, it will only be the "first" if I decided to do a second one.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 08:56:15 AM »

...And that first(?) load of laundry is now in the dryer.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 08:56:24 AM »

Exciting, huh?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 08:58:56 AM »

I, too, have been down to the laundromant again and the laundry is now washing.

I'm having a frustrating day with EILEEN fixes. I don't mind editing and making corrections but I am getting sick of the copyists not checking vocal parts in the vocal score against what they enter into the computer or not looking at credits for who's singing the number according to the original published vocal score. For example. the big act Three chorus, "The Irish Have A Great Day Tonight" is written for the juvenile lead Dinny and the Male Chorus, but the copyist completely ignored this big credit on the first page of the number in the vocal score from which he took the vocal parts, made the chorus Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass and totally screwed up the choral writing. So, a week ago, when I sent off the first edits, I really bitched about it. On the last piece of his that I edited, he ignored every bowing mark in the strng parts, not one or two, but every single one of them.

I'm on the second edits now for "The Irish Have A Great Day" and every wrong note I caught in the first edit of the orchestra is corrected, but the vocal parts are still an uncorrected mess, meaning I will have to do a third edit before we can print up the final scores. Oy!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:02:19 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »

elmore, not that I doubt them, but sometimes I wonder (hope?) you're making up these dreams for our entertainment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 09:10:07 AM »

elmore, not that I doubt them, but sometimes I wonder (hope?) you're making up these dreams for our entertainment.

Nope. I'm not trying to entertain anyone, just relating what occurred in them, although I think it's funny my dream included an HHW friend I've never met face to face.

I went down to the laundromat but my clothes are still rinsing, but those damned ladies have got every sorting table piled up with what I swear is six months of cleaned laundry. Jeez!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 09:11:02 AM »

I got about seven hours of sleep - needed more and would have probably slept until ten but the phone rang at eight-thirty.  It was the lab and today I get to go in at one and actually watch the process for the two-hour clean-up of the first twelve minutes - that will really be interesting for me, then I can approve it right there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »

I'm up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 09:11:45 AM »

All music, save for three songs, is organized and ready for pickup.  I go to storage for one of the other songs and the helper will find the other two.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 09:12:56 AM »

Had a couple of Kickstarter donations this morning so I think we're now at 66% or something.  One was interesting - from a denizen of the film score board who happened to just find the project while browsing Kickstarter.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 09:22:18 AM »

When my dad's company started making them affluent, my insane mother, who hated, and therefore never did much, housecleaning,  decided that the more dishes, glasses, cups, etc. she prchased meant less time washing dishes. As a result, the kitchen area next to the sink was always piled high as possible with dirty dishes and pans that she would ignore for days. I spent a lot of time after college between 1973 and 1979 washing dishes. I'm surprised that my brothers and I survived our childhoods with no bouts of botulism or E. Coli or worse.

In the old, poor white trash days, when she decided the house needed cleaning - the dust was thick enough to write in or you couldn't win the battle against the roaches - she would decide she was really ill and go to bed. After a couple of days, my Aunt Lois would come down from Columbus and see that my brothers and I were off to school in clean clothes, my Aunts Jenny and Dorothy would show up, and within two-three days the house would be spotless, laundry finished, and every dish cleaned. My mother would get out of bed and decide she was well.

None of this happened when my maternal grandmother was still alive; my mother was too afraid of her mother's censure, and when my grandmother lived with us in the late 1950s and early 1960s - she died in 1962 - she kept the place clean. I still miss my grandmother, but I find I do not miss my mother at all.

My dad should have killed her around 1958 before her madness went over the top around 1970.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:45:11 AM by elmore3003 »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »

Well...

I had planned to do a few hours of work today, but... I still need to get my hair cut... And it's a really nice day outside, so...

I think I'll head out at 1:00 to get my hair cut, maybe grab a light lunch, then come back and work for two hours before heading in for tonight's Opening Night performance. *I also keep thinking that today is Friday, and the work I need to get done is not due until Sunday, so... I can finish up thing tomorrow.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29:02 AM »

It also feels a bit weird not having day rehearsal today. -I'm sure I'll get used to that soon enough, but still... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »

bk and L.A.-based DRs - Are you ready for CARMAGEDDON?

*They're shutting down the 405 for 53(!) hours this weekend, so... Be Prepared!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »

That's scary DR JOSE....

The traffic part - not the haircut part.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 09:48:03 AM »

The laundry is now in the dryers and I am back to EILEEN frustrations!

Laura

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »

The stories about your mother are so sad, Elmore. It's a shame the mental health treatments we have today (though not perfect) were not available then.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:50 AM »

I am hungry, which is a shame, seeing how it is not even 10 a.m. yet.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »

The laundry is now in the dryers and I am back to EILEEN frustrations!

DR ELMORE - some people make it impossible for you to help them.....they are those who are envious of your talent.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 10:02:35 AM »

I am hungry, which is a shame, seeing how it is not even 10 a.m. yet.

Have an apple.

Laura

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »

I ate the apple around 8 a.m.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:38 AM »

LOL....oh.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »

The stories about your mother are so sad, Elmore. It's a shame the mental health treatments we have today (though not perfect) were not available then.

I realize that a lot of my temper and inner rage today are still directed more at her than anyone else; it doesn't always help, but it's at least good to know where the short fuse was developed.

It wasn't until after she died that I came to understand and forgive my dad's limitations and to get to know and love him as a person.  I have much more sympathy for him now for marrying an unhappy, narcissistic, mentally unbalanced woman and a lot less sympathy for her for marrying a kind man for all the wrong reasons and then failing every test in marrying and raising a family. She'd always manipulated Macbeth and me to be on her side in her unhappy marriage. By the time Randy was seven or so, I was out of the house and off to college,  Macbeth was graduating from high school and flunking out of college - twice - and my dad was working all over the country to build his company to pay for our educations, and this kept him away for weeks, leaving her home alone with Randy, whom she kept in a pre-adolescent stage; if he were still her baby, I guess she felt she wasn't aging.   She had too much time, too many mental problems, and too little creative activity not to screw Randy up royally. By the time he was in high school he was a mess, and I am very proud of how he turned things around for himself.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:15:20 AM by elmore3003 »

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:50 AM »

I ate the apple around 8 a.m.

That is the title of my novelization of the ADAM AND EVE story.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:51 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »

I heard an interview with Michelle Bachman's husband Marcus yesterday and I am trying to figure out if Marcus is gay, went through "reparitive gay therapy" and thinks he is straight...or if he is just gay.

Well, if he married her, he's stupid bcause she's a complete idiot. All of your concerns could be true, so the big question is, why did she marry him?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:23 AM »

Where did your post go, Mikey?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2011, 10:26:24 AM »

OK...

Time to get my hairs cut.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up