Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CABARET 101  (Read 15013 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: CABARET 101
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »

It's hot!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »

Yep!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »

Page Three Dance!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »

And, if you want to include comics, then I also enjoyed Don Rickles, Buddy Hackett and Jack Carter in Vegas.

And, Howard Keel put on a great show with Kathryn Grayson.

Was that the Show on the Boat?

No, they did it at the Fremont Hotel in Vegas and, if I remember correctly, at the Coconut Grove in Los Angeles.

;)
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2011, 11:10:27 AM »

You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »

It's a nice day here so far.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »

From JMK:
Well, the cancellation could very well have come from someone without a lot of money who was nonetheless trying to help out and once he/she saw the goal had been met, decided to keep their money.

My thoughts as well.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »

DR Cilla you don't make me regret not having any of your cake. ;D

Jane

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2011, 11:21:11 AM »

Between shows yesterday, we took a "class" pic. And here it is:

Nice pic.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »

Well, not happy to be back from vacay, but happy to be back here.  I brought y'all a box of salt water taffy:

Thank you for the yummy taffy.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2011, 11:31:49 AM »

I suppose I shouldn't complain it is only 55 degrees here.  I suppose we need the rain that is making it a cold 53 degrees.    It is better than hot, dry & smokey from wildfires. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »

DR Laura, when my Mom lived in Phoenix she'd call and complain about how muggy it was - "The humidity's 12!" - she'd say.

I'd just laugh.

LOL! Well, it's 29%, which is higher than yesterday's 8%. The dew point is 59 degrees. Yesterday it was about 30 degrees. So hopefully we are setting up for a storm today or tomorrow.

It's 99 degrees here right now with a dew point of 74 degrees and a heat index of 111 degrees.  The humidity is only 44 %, so that's not bad but it's too hot.  We have an excessive heat warning. I brought some things I can do at home and am staying here.   I am also pretty exhausted and really wasn't feeling well, so being here is much better for me

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2011, 11:58:26 AM »

Thanks for the treats, DR Dan (the Man) - they're *virtually* delicious!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »

I suppose I shouldn't complain it is only 55 degrees here.  I suppose we need the rain that is making it a cold 53 degrees.    It is better than hot, dry & smokey from wildfires. 

We're at a moderate F 66 degrees right now.  The sun is burning through the fog, so it'll probably hit the upper 70s along the Bay...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

KevinH

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »

Hello from rainy Newcastle.  My good weather ended Friday.  It rained a good deal Saturday, though I was inside for two shows so I missed some of that.  And yesterday it was on and off.  I checked into my hotel ---let's just say it's a budget place, but it's clean.  I decided to walk over to the "Sage Gateshead," to pick up my tickets for tomorrow night.  As I started to walk the rain came, so I hopped on a bus.  

The "Sage" is a very strange looking building. I'm trying to think of how to describe it--maybe a caterpillar (with a bump on top). I picked up the tickets and took a slow walk back to the center of town (oh, and talked to my sister on the phone--from a "phone box."  I'm glad they still have those here.  My cell phone doesn't work here, so I bought a phone card that you can use overseas).   I had some photos printed at "Boots," the ubiquitous drug stores in the UK.  And I'm writing this from "Pizza Express." They have free wi-fi.  It's in a mall, so I don't know what the weather is like right now.  

No show tonight.  When I'm London I'm used to having a choice of shows, but no such luck here.

I think I probably should have waited and come here tomorrow.  That way I would have had one more day in London.

FJL

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2011, 12:04:15 PM »

That taffy is giving me virtual cavities

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »

TOD - not a lot of experience.  Have to say Marilyn Maye

FJL

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2011, 12:05:35 PM »

Have they ever done a Nat King Cole show in Newcastle, you know, COLE IN NEWCASTLE  (or Cole Porter)

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »

We're at a moderate F 66 degrees right now.  The sun is burning through the fog, so it'll probably hit the upper 70s along the Bay...

That's 12 degrees below our forecast low!

Jane

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2011, 12:19:25 PM »

Yesterday Keith got himself an iPad 2.  It is really nice & I like reading a book on it. 

I'm not never overly keen reading on the Nook, plus I'm disappointed in the library selection which the iPad doesn't have at all.  Since the Nook is now mine I put holds on a bunch of library books, most of which have long waiting lists.    Keith downloaded for free HOUSE OF MIRTH for me to begin reading today.   This is the first book downloaded for me that tells me the page I'm on out of the total pages.  I don't like not knowing how far into a book I am.

If I get the hang of this I might begin paying for large books that are heavier than the Nook. 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »

My father was born in Newcastle and Keith's genealogical research indicates I probably have several relatives still living there.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »

Larry, I keep meaning to mention:  did you know there are two (count 'em) versions of GREAT EXPECTATIONS on their way, a Masterpiece version with Gillian Anderson and a feature film with Helena Bonham Carter, each as Miss Havisham?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »

That's 12 degrees below our forecast low!

We are having strange weather for July.  Tomorrow it is predicted to be about the same & should warm up by Wednesday.

JMK

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »

I'll never forgot how gobsmacked I was when I reviewed BLEAK HOUSE a few years ago and there was an interview with Gillian Anderson and I was simply stunned to hear her British accent.

Laura

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2011, 12:26:18 PM »

Gillian Anderson has a British accent??
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »

Thanks for the treats, DR Dan (the Man) - they're *virtually* delicious!

Ditto and ditto! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:55 PM »

Gillian Anderson has a British accent??

Yes!!!  Though she was born in America (Philly, IIRC) she was raised in England and she speaks with a very distinct English accent.

JMK

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »

Criminy, our "mortgage servicing" has been sold to some backwater business in Little Rock, Arkansas.  Not even sure they have a website.  I am not happy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2011, 12:49:41 PM »

Nice review for "The Egyptian," DR JMK!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »

Larry, I keep meaning to mention:  did you know there are two (count 'em) versions of GREAT EXPECTATIONS on their way, a Masterpiece version with Gillian Anderson and a feature film with Helena Bonham Carter, each as Miss Havisham?

I did not know about this at all! The Masterpiece Theatre might be good, because I thought Gillian Anderson was wonderful in BLEAK HOUSE, and I like Bonham Carter but I'd need to know more about who's behind the film.  I pity any Miss Havisham having to follow up Martita Hunt in the David Lean film.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up