Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I, FOR ONE  (Read 9394 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: I, FOR ONE
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »

Page Five
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »

AARP just sent me an e-mail with the subject:  TCB, Avoid Hospitals in July!.  I assume they are mocking me.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »

Some have settled down and are sleeping. The rest are running around, and when they see each other they growl, yowl, and hiss. If I put one in a shut room (like a bathroom) the yowling is terrible. Sunshine has settled down, as long as no one else tries to get into the kitty hammock she is in. Purrcy is running all over growling. He won't settle down. The quieter ones get growled at and growl back.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2011, 05:35:52 PM »

My favorite character of WAGON TRAIN was Bill Hawks, played by Terry Wilson.  I thought he was just about perfect.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »

TCB I just looked that up, after all Bryan is currently doing rotations at a teaching hospital.  I thought I was safe knowing medical students wear short white coats while graduates wear long white coats.  I have no idea how to determine which of the long coats has more experience.

I do know to ask, at a teaching hospital, if the doctor will be doing the procedure vs letting a resident do it, especially an unsupervised resident.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »

DR Laura all that ruckus has got to be really upsetting.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »

The other night we watched the first WAGON TRAIN & Bill Hawks was barely in it. Robert Horton was my favorite & now that we have been watching it again I appreciate him more than I did the first time around.

Laura

« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »

I hope it is better in the morning. They won't make good impressions on kitten-seekers like this.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2011, 05:44:49 PM »

Was Peter Brown in LAREDO?  My mother loved that show.

I think he was in Days Of Our Lives where he was married to Mary Frans' character

And then THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »

I spent my lunch hour torturing my coworker Monica by showing her trailers for the old Mexican films LITTLE RED RIDING AND THE MONSTERS, PUSS N BOOTS and SANTO VS THE MARTIAN WOMEN.

I felt she should have a knowledge of the film history of her ancestors country of origin.

Here is one of the trailers that she watched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whs0rBMv5ww

She wasn't as appreciate of Mexican cinema as I thought she should be.

Some of those Martians had nice bodies.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »

I don't watch soaps.  I briefly watched SANTA BARBARA when I severely sprained my ankle & spent the mornings in bed.  It was in the early years of the show & I didn't watch for long.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »

My paycheck today was one half my normal check.  I have had so many "stupid leave without pay " days that it worked out to a one wek check instead of one half a month.  I am not sure how I am going to explain this to my landlord, the power company, the credit union (oh I guess they know), the phone company, etc., etc., etc.

I'm so sorry.  Is that due to your days off due to doctor visits & sick days?

Yes, it is.  I have not been able to go to work two days in a row.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »

I thought Ben was going to L.I. for the weekend.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »

TCB is there anyway for you to change your hours so someone can help you get there & back?  I suppose working for the government they won't let you work from home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »

Back from the long jog.  I will have to eat something a bit later - maybe a nice halibut filet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2011, 06:20:23 PM »

Come to Portland.  Temperate and actually on the cool side.

Now you can be as irritating about the cool weather to the New York dear readers as you were to me when we were having 115 heat index weather ;)

I truly have no clue what you are talking about.

Maybe it was Jane talking about the cool weather when it was 115 here.   It wasn't intended to be irritating, but when it's 115 and someone is talking about how cool it is, well it's a bit irritating.  That's all :)

Well it sure wasn't me and when we share what the weather is like where we live I find it interesting not irritating.  You want irritating?  Rainiest "spring/summer" in over 117 years here.  10 days so far this year with temps above 70.  That's irritating.  :)

Misery loves company...thanks that makes me feel better :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »

Come to Portland.  Temperate and actually on the cool side.

Now you can be as irritating about the cool weather to the New York dear readers as you were to me when we were having 115 heat index weather ;)

I truly have no clue what you are talking about.

Maybe it was Jane talking about the cool weather when it was 115 here.   It wasn't intended to be irritating, but when it's 115 and someone is talking about how cool it is, well it's a bit irritating.  That's all :)

Well it sure wasn't me and when we share what the weather is like where we live I find it interesting not irritating.  You want irritating?  Rainiest "spring/summer" in over 117 years here.  10 days so far this year with temps above 70.  That's irritating.  :)

I was joking about the irritating, that's why the ;) in my original post

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2011, 06:21:18 PM »

Jane, I hope I never need the Pixie Stix for diabetics, but I'm going to be carrying it with me. And I've put some in the glove box, too.

What about food to keep you balanced before you need the Pixie Stix?  I carried carrots for the sugar boost & peanuts for protein.
I have stuff like that at work and home, but it's too hot to carry with me.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »

I'm wearing shorts & a t-shirt today and am comfortable, FINALLY!  The temps can stay right where they are now.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2011, 06:24:28 PM »

Jane, I hope I never need the Pixie Stix for diabetics, but I'm going to be carrying it with me. And I've put some in the glove box, too.

What about food to keep you balanced before you need the Pixie Stix?  I carried carrots for the sugar boost & peanuts for protein.
I have stuff like that at work and home, but it's too hot to carry with me.

I used to put the carrots in a bag of ice, for short trips out.  The peanuts & other snacks were packaged.  What about a Zone Bar which is supposed to be the proper balance to maintain sugar levels.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »

TCB is there anyway for you to change your hours so someone can help you get there & back?  I suppose working for the government they won't let you work from home.

Several parts of Social & Helath Services are allowing emplyees to work at home at least two days a week.  Especially those employees, like myself, who do not have any client contact.  Unfortunately, Children's Administration has not jumped on the work at home bandwagon. 

It really isn't a problem with the hours, as much as it is my inability to withstand the pain for two days in a row.  That  is why I don't know if I can stand five more weeks of this pain, before I can even talk to the surgeon.  I know that I looked at myself in the mirror today; and I look like Hell (no comment from elmore).
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2011, 06:53:44 PM »

Several parts of Social & Helath Services are allowing emplyees to work at home at least two days a week.  Especially those employees, like myself, who do not have any client contact.  Unfortunately, Children's Administration has not jumped on the work at home bandwagon. 

It really isn't a problem with the hours, as much as it is my inability to withstand the pain for two days in a row.  That  is why I don't know if I can stand five more weeks of this pain, before I can even talk to the surgeon.  I know that I looked at myself in the mirror today; and I look like Hell (no comment from elmore).

I can't kck you while you're down; it's no fun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »

(((TCB))) I wish there was something we could do to help.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »

(((TCB))) I wish there was something we could do to help.

Thanks, Laura, I wish I could help myself.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2011, 07:02:53 PM »

TCB if you asked maybe they can set something up for you.

MEGA VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »

Keith just commented it is hot.  My response "I'm comfortable".  It feels good to me not to be cold.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »

'night

Jennifer

« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »

I don't know how this works in the US. But is there not some sort of disability pay you can go in for now since you are in so much pain?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »

One more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up