Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I CAN HEAR YOU THROUGH THE WHINE  (Read 8974 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: I CAN HEAR YOU THROUGH THE WHINE
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »

MichaelS, thanks for the hearty laugh.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 08:06:26 AM »

DtM, since your Mom is feeling better, I can say that Stoney Gall Bladder is one of my favorite Laura Nyro tunes.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 08:11:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: PAVONINE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  GOOSE NEVER BE A PEACOCK

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 08:15:59 AM »

Thanks, all, for the vibes for my mom. 

It's been an experience!  After an initial diagnose of a stoney gall bladder, my mom had to go thru a number of tests and imagery sessions on her 2nd day that were tiring her out.  But then they put her thru a procedure that was to clear her bile duct of some stones that, because of the twilight anastesia and the huge amout of bile suddenly flowing thru her system, left her in a state of dementia.  Very frightening, though the doctors and the staff repeatedly told us thus is a normal reaction in elderly patients.  To make matters worse, over Wednesday night Mom developed anterial fibulation (which she has no history of.) Her surgeon told us that because of that, they would not put her at risk of gall bladder surgery.  The cardiologist matter-of-factly initially said they could "slip" a pacemaker into her to correct her heartbeat, but later "lessened" that to just giving her heart an electric shock.  We were also told that she would need a tube inserted into the gall bladder to drain it to prevent an infection.

But then things started to turn for the better.  Moms heartrate corrected itself through the drugs they gave her, do she didn't need the shock procedure.  Then the tube insertion went smoothly and mom came out of it feeling fine.  She had a fitfull night last night, but I suspect that was because they left a rather bright light on over her bed all night.  Since I came in this morning and turned on the indirect light, mom has been sleeping light a baby.

And good news from the surgeons--if moms heart rate continues to stay normal over the weekend, they will go ahead with the gall bladder surgery on Monday. 

Again, thank you all lovely people for the vibes!  They do work!

Sending vibes in return for all that need them!

CONTINUED VIBES FOR YOUR MOM

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 08:21:13 AM »

Stay the course, Dan (the Man)!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »

Continued vibes to all! And glad to hear that things are "so far, so good" with both DTM's mom and JohnG's friend.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:56:08 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »

TOD:

DVD:
THE LITTLEST HOBO which was sent to me this week by Miss Dorothy Johnson who stars in the film.

Two George Martin spaghetti westerns that I keep meaning to watch. Since I will be dog sitting all weekend, that should keep me home and in front of the TV for most of that time.

CD:
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL ARABIA vol. 7

DVR:
This weeks episodes of HAPPILY DIVORCED and HOT IN CLEVELAND

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And the 30 minutes of errands I had to run this morning ended up taking about 2 hours. -Boy, do I miss having a subway station just a one-minute walk from my front door.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »

In other news...

It's hot. Again.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 09:00:19 AM »

~~~~~CONTINUED SPEEDY RECOVERY VIBES FOR THE DEAR MOTHER OF DR DAN (THE MAN)~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 09:00:58 AM »

From yesterday DR Jose said

Follies has an interesting opening week schedule. Their first performance is on Sunday, August 7, at 3:00. And then they're dark on Monday, and resume Tuesday night.

*They're also having a strangely(?) long preview period  - 5 weeks - for a show that's supposedly just being remounted from the Kennedy Center presentation.

I believe the ghosts are now going to be flown around the stage.

Oh... So I guess that's where all the old rigging from Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark went.

;)

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »

Anyhoo...

I need to do some laundry and take care of some cleaning here for the next hour or so - or it will never get done.

Stay Cool!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 09:34:16 AM »

TOD:

DVD:
THE LITTLEST HOBO which was sent to me this week by Miss Dorothy Johnson who stars in the film.

Two George Martin spaghetti westerns that I keep meaning to watch. Since I will be dog sitting all weekend, that should keep me home and in front of the TV for most of that time.

CD:

DVR:

Is Wendy Stuart in The Littlest Hobo?  She's in one of those Littlest movies - I went to school with her and we still stay in touch.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »

I'm up and surprised that it's quite gray outside.  I did get my eight hours, so that's good.  CDs are being shipped.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 10:15:24 AM »

Welcome twenty-seven GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »

Hoping that the pool man arrives soon - oh, he just did.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »

TOD:

DVD:

CD:

DVR:

Is Wendy Stuart in The Littlest Hobo?  She's in one of those Littlest movies - I went to school with her and we still stay in touch.

Yes, Wendy and Dorothy were both in "The Littlest Hobo", although neither played the title character.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2011, 10:48:17 AM »

Hoping that the pool man arrives soon - oh, he just did.

TCB...don't go there.

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2011, 10:51:58 AM »

TOD:

DVD:

CD:

DVR:

I think she is in this movie, BK.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »

And now I believe it's time for a creepy yoga video:

Yogi Oki-Doki Yoga Farm for kidz

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »

Just found out some very sad news. Chrisopher Mayer (aka Chip Mayer), who played Vance Duke on DUKES OF HAZZARD for one season, died July 23. No cause of death has been listed, but it was unexpected. He was 57.

I was a big fan of his. He was on a lot of TV shows back in the 80s, as I recall.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »

DR MBarnum - Awwww... I remember Chip Mayer.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »

Thanks, all, for the vibes for my mom. 

It's been an experience!  After an initial diagnose of a stoney gall bladder, my mom had to go thru a number of tests and imagery sessions on her 2nd day that were tiring her out.  But then they put her thru a procedure that was to clear her bile duct of some stones that, because of the twilight anastesia and the huge amout of bile suddenly flowing thru her system, left her in a state of dementia.  Very frightening, though the doctors and the staff repeatedly told us thus is a normal reaction in elderly patients.  To make matters worse, over Wednesday night Mom developed anterial fibulation (which she has no history of.) Her surgeon told us that because of that, they would not put her at risk of gall bladder surgery.  The cardiologist matter-of-factly initially said they could "slip" a pacemaker into her to correct her heartbeat, but later "lessened" that to just giving her heart an electric shock.  We were also told that she would need a tube inserted into the gall bladder to drain it to prevent an infection.

But then things started to turn for the better.  Moms heartrate corrected itself through the drugs they gave her, do she didn't need the shock procedure.  Then the tube insertion went smoothly and mom came out of it feeling fine.  She had a fitfull night last night, but I suspect that was because they left a rather bright light on over her bed all night.  Since I came in this morning and turned on the indirect light, mom has been sleeping light a baby.

And good news from the surgeons--if moms heart rate continues to stay normal over the weekend, they will go ahead with the gall bladder surgery on Monday. 

Again, thank you all lovely people for the vibes!  They do work!

Sending vibes in return for all that need them!

Very good news, Dan!! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »

More work today: because my copyist supervisor was more concerned with getting to London, I have a timpani/bells/chimes problem I have to resolve today. I doubt he ever even listened to my wishes about this two months ago. I had asked for the part to be included in the percussion book so that all the percussion parts were available to all players. It didn't happen, so I've got a percussion part for triangle, Bass Drum, Cymbals, Snare Drum, Tambourine that can be divided among three players, but the tuned percussion is all on a spearate part with the timpani. So, we have to rprint a second timpani part today for any part that has bells or chimes.

Keep them vibes coming! I'm out of here!

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for DR Larry!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »

We are going to New Jersey tomorrow to visit cousins of Anthony's.

What a coinkydink!  My cousin from Oregon and his wife are coming to Olympia tomorrow to visit us!  They'll be here until Tuesday morning.

On Monday, we're going to Seattle for the day.  We plan to go to the Space Needle (maybe have lunch there...I've never dined at the Space Needle restaurant!), the EMP (Experience Music Project) and the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame (part of the EMP).  It's definitely going to be a day! ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »

DR MBarnum - Awwww... I remember Chip Mayer.

He was all kinds of handsome, that is for sure.

And he aged well. Here is a more recent photo of him.

Laura

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »

Vibes for Mrs. (the Man) to get well!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »

Did the four-mile jog and picked up some packages but no important envelope.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »

Page two?  This will NOT do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »

And where's dear Jane?  Off on one of her sabbaticals or visits?  And where's everyone else, for that or any other matter.  Page two makes me want to vomit on the ground.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up