Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEET CHARITY  (Read 8933 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SWEET CHARITY
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »

Page 5!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2011, 07:25:59 PM »

I am sorry, folks, I am very tired and I am hurting a lot, so I don't think you can count on me to put us over the top!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2011, 07:27:21 PM »

There are supposedly three members signed in, but the other two are visiting a different day.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »

Back from our first try in front of an audience.  Melody did a great job, an amazing job for a first time out.  A few nits to pick, but overall she had the elderly crowd in the palm of her hand.  All the little staging and button changes we did yesterday really paid off and worked brilliantly.  So, we just have to address one more staging thing and then some general energy notes and how to bring the audience back after a song's done.  That's a  surprisingly hard thing to get right, but she'll get the hang of it easily.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2011, 07:36:54 PM »

I was hoping to hear about Melody's performance, but I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »

Great timing, BK.  Congratulations to Melody and to you.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »

We went to the Burbank Barney's Beanery - don't need to go back there ever - terrible service.  Food was fine (chicken salad sandwich and a side of mac and cheese).  I had a treat, a sort of cookie ice cream sandwich that I ate about a third of.  It was good and I'm glad I had it and given the smallness of the sandwich and that Melody ate some of the mac and cheese, I think I'm more than fine.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2011, 07:38:29 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2011, 08:01:24 PM »

I've been to dinner at Chin Chin on East 49th with my friend Bruce Pomahac, and many things were discussed and dished, from the conductor frind of Rosie O'Donnell who crashed and burned recently with the Opera Theatre of St Louis production of La Fille du Regiment to a possible job for me. We laughed a great deal and had a fantastic time. I'm now rather tipsy and ready to fall over.

Last night I started watching the BBC version of TESS OF THE D'URBERVILLES with Justine Waddell, and I may watch more of that tonight.
Tess is possibly the worst 19th century novel I've ever read. I love the Hardy of "Far from the Madding Crowd" and "The Vicar of Wakefield," but loathe "Tess" and "Return of the Native" and don't much care for "Jude the Obscure." I find the only way to have any sympathy for Tess is to read her as a girl who was dropped on her head as an infant one too many times.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »

Back from our first try in front of an audience.  Melody did a great job, an amazing job for a first time out.  A few nits to pick, but overall she had the elderly crowd in the palm of her hand.  All the little staging and button changes we did yesterday really paid off and worked brilliantly.  So, we just have to address one more staging thing and then some general energy notes and how to bring the audience back after a song's done.  That's a  surprisingly hard thing to get right, but she'll get the hang of it easily.
Hooray and congratulations to both of you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2011, 08:03:11 PM »

You Bacharach-David LOST HORIZON fans take note:  James Shigeta will be at the Egyptian Theater in L.A. on August 11.  So what if it's a night about Nancy Kwan?  ;)
Nancy "Purr Cweam" Kwan?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »

I was supposed to do a taping of a reality show in the morning, but that has been canceled. Guess I just have to go to work as usual.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »

With that, I guess I should call it a night.

Night, all.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2011, 08:09:26 PM »

Which reality show, or are you not supposed to say?

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »

I had a fabulous dinner at a friend's house tonight.  She's from Japan and made a wonderful meal.  1st course, miso soup, al dente vegetables, cold shrimp (cooked) and sush with wasabi/soy saucei.  Second course, fabulous salmon. it was baked and I'm not exactly sure what the crust was or the sauce but it was absolutely delicious.  And for dessert, individual Haagan Das and coffee.   It was just wonderful.  I was the only guest as a couple other friends had other plans.  I had to drop off the dishes she left at my house for the party.  It was fun to really talk to her.  We have only spent time in groups and I've never really had a long conversation with her.  She runs a manufacturing co. here and her husband lives in Japan.  A very nice evening to end the weekend

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »

I had a great weekend. Last night I decided to stay at the lake a little later so I called my cat sitter and had her come give Callie her early evening meds.  I think it was enough to scare the cats into being good for the evening. They let me sleep last night and I got 8 1/2 hours of sleep. It was great.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »

Not in the mood to watch a motion picture, and may try to get the notes up early so I can get a decent night's sleep before arising at six in the morning.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up