Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOOT  (Read 8894 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE SHOOT
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »

I did meet my friend at his arrival gate, and we chatted a bit as he made his way to baggage claim. Fun!

Glad it worked out.  That doesn't happen very often.

I even held up a sign - well, my iPad - saying "Welcome Home". :)

Cute. :)

FJL

« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2011, 02:53:05 PM »

So glad you're back, TCB!

Isn't that from A CHORUS LINE, time to go, time to grow, convalesce, convalesce  :)

Jane

« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »

I awoke yesterday morning and realized that there was something wrong with my right leg - my good leg!  I only had to look once to realize that I had once again been struck with MRSA.  This was probably the worst (and scarriest) of the outbreaks.  The entire back of the lower part of my leg was swollen and hard as a rock.  Also, a very charming shade of red

I tried to get into see my doctor, but the whiole clinic was a zoo, and they said that they would not be able to see my until late yesterday afternoon.  I knew I couldn't wait for that, so my friend Cynthia called and  I pressed her into service to take me to the ER.  I had hoped that possibly my miracle worker surgeon might be on call yesterday, but no such luck.  Everybody from this hospital;s ER should be givien medals of service.  From the moment we drove up, they grabbed a wheelchair for me, and took me inside to the ER.  Surpisingly for a hospital that is located on Tacoma's (In)Famous Hilltop area, there were very few people waiting to be seen ahead of me.  After about twenty minutes, they took me back to own private ER room.  The nurse that I was assigned was hystercial.  She and I hit off like two peas in a pod.  Then the doctor came in...........  Let me just say that he seemed to be a very knowldedgeable and skilled doctor.  He did numb my leg before he began cutting, so it wasn't too terrible at first.  However the deeper he cut, the more I felt.  Then the nurse came in and bandaged my leg, told me to stay off of it with my leg elevated thru Wedneday and then to check back with my own doctor.

So  I will see my doctor tomorrow, and then can hopefully go back to work on Thursday.  Another three days of leave without pay!

I expected the trip was related to your bad leg, your back or a need for a stronger pain med.  I didn't expect the MRSA on the good leg to send you there. :(  Did the ER doctor basically do what your regular doctor does in office?  This sounded more invasive.

I hope you are feeling much better now!!!!

Jane

« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2011, 03:06:25 PM »

Bruce, excellent vibes and xylophones for good weather, and a safe, secure, and on-time flight.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »

Thank you Jose, Jane, and Fred.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »

I expected the trip was related to your bad leg, your back or a need for a stronger pain med.  I didn't expect the MRSA on the good leg to send you there. :(  Did the ER doctor basically do what your regular doctor does in office?  This sounded more invasive.

I hope you are feeling much better now!!!!

I'm with you, Jane.  MRSA was the last thing I was thinking about yesterday morning.  My doctor is always very careful about how deeply he cuts when he has to drain the area.  Now, as I said, this was the largest outbreak yet, so my own doctor might of done the same amount of cutting.  Still, I want my doctor to unwrap the bandages himself, and see what he thinks.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »

Casanova has arrived in Tumwater!

Let's here what adventures he's gotten himself into!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »

DR TCB since you are in a wheelchair can't you raise the leg thing to keep it elevated & go to work, if you can find someone to drive you?

I hope your doctor is pleased with the work at ER.  Please share or send me an email as I am curious. 

KevinH

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »

So good to see you back , TCB!

KevinH

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2011, 04:05:42 PM »

Happy Birthday, vixmom!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »

Thank you, Kevin.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2011, 04:21:44 PM »

DR TCB since you are in a wheelchair can't you raise the leg thing to keep it elevated & go to work, if you can find someone to drive you?

I hope your doctor is pleased with the work at ER.  Please share or send me an email as I am curious. 

Well that is an interesting idea, Jane, but I am not sure it would have been workable.  First of all, I am still on pain pills which means that I would probably spend more time dozing than working.  Secondly, the way my cubicle is set up, I couldn't have my right leg extended and still be able to use my work area.  And finally, finding anyone else who is dumb enough to go to work at 4:30 in the morning, is a bit iffy,
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »

Happiest of Birthdays to DR Vixmom...who is one of the hardes working, caring and wonderful people I know.  You deserve a day off!

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2011, 04:28:53 PM »

On HGTV Design Star:

I was not sad to see eliminated the person who went home after last night's episode.

So much ego, so little demonstrated talent except for making others miserable.

I literally started cheering.  I couldn't stand her!

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »

I love daffodils, I love day lillies......I think a nice cheap bouquet of flowers brightens up a room

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2011, 04:36:26 PM »

TCB, so glad to see you back....sorry about your leg and the time off.  Is there any way you can telecommute? Can you do any of your work at home or log into a work computer from home?

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »

Vibes to all who need them

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »

TCB, so glad to see you back....sorry about your leg and the time off.  Is there any way you can telecommute? Can you do any of your work at home or log into a work computer from home?

Let's just say that the "working at home" idea is still being discussed.  By the time the discussions are finished, I won't have a home to work out of.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:24:24 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »

I, on the other hand, am back from the second day of shooting and then supper at Joe Allen with all sorts of interesting folks, including our very own Mr. Kevin Spirtas and the original Sweeney Todd Johanna, Sarah Rice, a lovely woman.  Whilst supping in walked Jane Krakowski.  I haven't seen her in about nine years or so and man did she look great (especially after having just given birth to a beautiful baby boy) - we had a nice hug and chat and then she went to sit with her dinner party. 

George

« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2011, 05:45:29 PM »

I, on the other hand, am back from the second day of shooting and then supper at Joe Allen with all sorts of interesting folks, including our very own Mr. Kevin Spirtas and the original Sweeney Todd Johanna, Sarah Rice, a lovely woman.  Whilst supping in walked Jane Krakowski.  I haven't seen her in about nine years or so and man did she look great (especially after having just given birth to a beautiful baby boy) - we had a nice hug and chat and then she went to sit with her dinner party. 

Name dropper.

;)

Acutally, that's pretty cool, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2011, 05:46:19 PM »

I am very muchly enjoying "Adventures of Casanova."

:D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »

The shoot went wonderfully - nice and easy, the way I like it.  Angus gave us the third floor of the restaurant and even gave us some food to use for the bit.  We wrapped right on time.  It took the cameraman and I about fifteen minutes to decide which way to shoot (against the windows or a brick wall - we opted for the wall, as there simply wasn't enough front light in the restaurant to combat the bright light outside the windows.  The scene with Beth and Barry was wonderful - she's just a great comedy actress and just got all the stuff right.  Most of the scene is a telephone conversation between her and someone (I play the voice of the someone on the series - never seen, though).  It was great.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »

BK, is there anyone you don't know?   All of these famous people AND me!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »

Then we went to Brad Oscar's apartment and shot his scene.  His ever-lovin' Diego was in it, too.  Again, the bulk of the scene was a telephone conversation between Brad and the telephone voice played by me.  Brad was just great and Diego was funny, too.  After that, we moseyed on over to Barry Pearl's apartment, where we put all the stuff that was shot today onto my computer and a backup drive.  And then it was dinner and now I'm at the hotel and packing.  I'll try to be in bed by ten, and my car will be here at six in the morning.

KevinH

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2011, 06:02:48 PM »

Travel vibes for BK!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »

VIBES for dear TCB
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »

Thank you all for the birthday greetings

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2011, 06:05:16 PM »

things the past few days have not gone as planned - however  having read TCB posts I am loathe to complain

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »

VIBES for dear TCB

Thank you, Birthday Girl!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!