Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IMAGE + SOUND  (Read 12443 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re: IMAGE + SOUND
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 08:46:47 AM »

Safe Vibes To All DR's In Irene's Path

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2011, 08:47:37 AM »

As If By Wizardry- Page 3

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2011, 09:14:01 AM »

I'm up.  I completely forgot that she of the Evil Eye was coming today.  I probably would have slept till eleven had the doorbell not rung.  Now, I'll just go jog.  I'm sure it's already broiling out.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »

My guess is that they think people will wait until the last minute and if everything is still open and runnning people won't think they need to leave but it everything is closed and there is no transportation, they will realize it's time to go

Well, we have a jack-ass motel owner in Dewey Beach (a narrow spit of land just south of Rehoboth) urging visitors to "come on down" - his motel is safe, and "it never rains in the Starboard" (the large hoot-and hollar bar in town).

Now Dewey Beach is barely at sea level; the Atlantic Ocean is one block east of the main street in town and Rehoboth Bay is one block west of same street - the only through street in town. Dewey is the very first town to be "inaccessible" in wet weather - like an April shower!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2011, 10:15:19 AM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2011, 10:16:28 AM »

Wow, what a week, over 100 degrees everyday at work.

Glad it's the weekend and that i live at the beach.

8)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2011, 10:18:19 AM »

Yes, i had coffee  ;)

Sam

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2011, 10:25:05 AM »

Need to send bk a note about catching up on cd's again. 
Trying to be really good about where and why i spend money.   Always enjoy bk's shows and now listening to a cd.   ;D  Much better than junk food and expensive coffee.   :-[ 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:28:00 AM by Sam »

Sam

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »

Going to the museum today to see a surf exhibit and then to the gay pride festival at the same venue.

Beautiful sunshine outside.

MEGA VIBES TO EVERYONE ON THE EAST COAST.   :'(

EXTRA EXTRA MEGA VIBES.  :-*

Sam

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »

Later   ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »

Our county is under a mandatory evacuation order for "all coastal areas". Now, unless you perchance should log onto the County Website, and have an Adobe reader installed, you would not know whether or not you were in such an area. Now, since Delmarva is, in reality, an Island (there is no dry land bridge to the peninsula) most of the region could be considered "coastal" area. It turns out that the government has decreed: A mandatory evacuation for coastal communities within three-fourths of a mile of major waterways is in effect for the state of Delaware. (It turns out that we are outside the area by a few blocks- never mind that the rear of our property is protected wet lands and borders a stream the leads to the Atlantic Ocean.)

Not to worry, says the news "The eye will not pass over Rehoboth but will be off shore 20-30 miles.

Gee, sure glad the center of a 600-700 mile wide storm will miss me by 20-30 miles!

Here is what the miss actually means:

A hurricane warning remains in effect for Sussex County. Forecasters do not expect Sussex County to sustain a direct hit from the eye of the storm, with the center expected to pass just to the east, perhaps by about 20 or 30 miles. However, winds of at least 75 mph or more are expected across the county throughout the event, with gusts to100 mph possible. The storm is expected to be at its peak between midnight Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday.

Meantime, the storm is forecast to create a surge of three to six feet of water along the oceanfront, Delaware Bay and Inland Bays, with lesser surge amounts along Chesapeake Bay tributaries, including the Nanticoke River. The storm is also expected to kick up waves of 12 to 16 feet in the surf zone, and dump as much as seven to 10 inches of rain.

At least Woody needn't worry about evacuating - they called him in early and have him staying late!

der Brucer

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:39:56 AM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »

Glad it's the weekend and that i live at the beach.

8)

Be glad your beach is on the West Coast!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2011, 11:07:25 AM »

Red X marks our spot:

Well, we have filled six large buckets with water (no power=no water), any device that needs charging is charged, have spare batteries for flashlights and lantern, safety matches are handy to light the stove and candles if neded.

At my daughter's insistance, I brought my phone in from the car to see if it could text (we can't get a strong enough signal to do voice - and it worked. - not that I can do much with a tiny numeric keypad.

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »

Off to the grocery to replenish our supply of fresh fruit...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »

Hello, everyone.

So sorry I missed out on the birthday celebrations. I've been trying to cope with my own issues.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 11:38:33 AM »

MEGA BELATED BIRTHDAY VIBES TO DR TCB!!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »

MEGA BELATED BIRTHDAY VIBES TO JRAND!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »

MEGA BELATED BIRTHDAY VIBES TO JOSE!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »

I haven't even read the all the Notes this week, much less the posts, so if I missed anyone, my apologies.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2011, 11:45:46 AM »

I have been having one long Mercury retrograde this summer, or so it seems. Car trouble, computer trouble, etc. Then the REAL Mercury retrograde hit! OMG!!

As if that wasn't enough, I was out running a few errands on Thursday when I got ill from the heat. I simply cannot handle hot weather or overly warm rooms. I had a headache when I left an overly warm eatery, and by the time I got to Trader Joe's I couldn't see properly out of my left eye. Fortunately, I was able to drive home--it wasn't far. Then I turned on the AC and just slept. But I still feel like crap.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »

Heavenly vibes to DK Smudge and all who loved her.

HEALTHY vibes to DK Annie.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »

And, of course, STAY SAFE vibes to all on the East Coast.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »

My sister Paula had a pretty kitty for about 4 years.  Earlier this year, Smudge had a growth on one of her hind legs.....the doctor had to scrape it.....and Smudge had a tough time dealing with it.

Last week when my sister got home from the Dark Shadows Festival, Smudge had another tumor.....she took her to the vet who said that kitty would lose her leg. 

The surgery was yesterday morning, but Smudge didn't survive.....she couldn't breathe after the surgery, and they were unable to revive her.....

So she has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.  Not earth shaking in the light of world events, but a sad day at my sister's house.  :'(

I'm so sorry to hear about DC Smudge. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2011, 12:19:21 PM »

Please be safe everyone!  Better to leave when you don't need to than to stay when you should have gone.

DITTO AND DITTO!!

George

« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »

we are now equipped for the apocolypse

or Irene   which ever comes first

Irene...the Apocalypse was re-scheduled for October.

;)

George

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »

Well, brunch was short but sweet, and no shopping was done, but I'm now off to work for a few hours.

Have a good day, all. :D

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »

Back from the grocery.  It seems weird to be going about our normal lives when so many along the east coast are coping with the hurricane...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »

The revival of Chicago has moved past A Chorus Line as the 4th longest running show ever. It surpasses A Chorus Line. The original production open in matter of days of ACL and was over shadowed in its time. I saw the original production with everyone but Chita Rivera as she had left the show. It was one of the first Broadway shows I ever saw.

IMHO I think Chicago is better show and it lights of what has happened with public trials on tv and other medium the show has become more relevant than it was when it first opened.

The show keeps on being rediscovered my younger audiences. I read that they get a lot of High School groups seeing it and for man teenagers this is the first exposure to Broadway.

It also helps with the revolving door of actors every 4 months or so. Some well known some not.

I agree with you about the show's being better than A CHORUS LINE, DR MichaelS, but I don't agree with your last comment; the Weislers will put anyone into that show - regardless of dancing , acting or singing chops - as they are wont to do with any show they produce.
Does that mean I stand a chance of getting cast?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2011, 12:49:11 PM »

Got the first season of Hot in Cleveland from the library. I love the cast. The writing is so-so, but the people are fun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up