Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICAGO, THAT TODDLIN' TOWN  (Read 20703 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: CHICAGO, THAT TODDLIN' TOWN
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »

Page Six!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »

George would be the best one to answer, but click on the profile button at the top of the page.  Then on the left in the Modify Profile, click the second line  that says "Forum Profile Information."

What he said. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »

Bruce, most excellent vibes and xylophones for a safe, secure, and on-time flight!

Jane, what were you doing up at 2:00 a.m.?

I know!!!

Jane

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2011, 04:23:16 PM »

I didn't go to work today.  I didn't even want to get out of bed.  I really just wanted to bury my head under the covers.  But I finally did get up; and, as usual, reading all the notes of encouragment  and good vibes from all of you has helped me feel better.

Thank you to one and all!

I'm glad they have helped. 

Jane

« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2011, 04:24:37 PM »

I didn't go to work today.  I didn't even want to get out of bed.  I really just wanted to bury my head under the covers.  But I finally did get up; and, as usual, reading all the notes of encouragement and good vibes from all of you has helped me feel better.

So, let's talk about this dumbass MD and his assistant you saw yesterday. Clearly he has no bedside manner, no persanl or personnel skills, and your own personal MD knows you need immediate help. Is there someone else you can see besides this fool?

I keep running the events of yesterday thru my head.  They acted like I had lied to them before about having had previous back surgery.  I know what I wrote on the forms when I first came in to the office, and I remember discussing the fact that I had two back surgeries three days apart (one thru the back and one thru the front).  Or maybe, because they weren't going to get all the insurance money from surgery, they just washed their hands of me.

Not surprisingly, the surgeon's office had not sent any information to my doctor regarding my appointments or my CAT scan results.  We had to send off a Release of Information to the surgeon's office, because my doctor said that there was no way they would send him the info without that in place.  So, we are at the moment, at a standstill.

Sigh.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »

Had some fun with Druxy and Bridget Hanley.  Ran into Mark Rothman (the Brain at the Chance Theater) - he's with the Laverne and Shirley group.  Odd set-up but I'm very happy where they put us.  The Laverne and Shirley folks are in a hallway with some other big people but I really don't like the layout so I'm glad we're elsewhere.  We're in a big room - I'm next to Bridget who's next to Druxy, but nearby is Clint Walker, Diane Baker, Millie Perkins, Barry Bostwick, etc.  Cancellations include Joe Turkel, Connie Francis, and Dolores Hart.  There are only thirty-seven of us, which means we could actually make some sales here.

Please tell Clint that Keith & I have been watching reruns of CHEYENNE every night.  Oh, and I still have my autographed photo of him ;) 

Jane

« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »

Doug, did I miss the story of how you found us here at HHW?  Did you know someone at this site, are you just a fan of BK, or are you stalking Guy Haines?  Enquiring minds want to know.

Difficult to remember. I think I may have accidentally stumbled across the site in the dark. I was lurking around for a while and then bk suggested that rather than lurk around in the gloom, I should come inside.

I'm very glad you came inside. :)

Jane

« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2011, 04:30:50 PM »

My brain seems to have dried up on me this week.  Did I remember to tell everyone that I started the application process for Social Security Disability?

Yes.  Are you getting somewhere with it?  What about work approving you working from home?

Jane

« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »

Regarding my missing ex-neighbor.  He has been found, by accident, but sadly not alive.  He is the other car in this ... story..

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2011, 04:52:50 PM »

My brain seems to have dried up on me this week.  Did I remember to tell everyone that I started the application process for Social Security Disability?

Yes.  Are you getting somewhere with it?  What about work approving you working from home?

Until we get our positions moved from the control of the local offices to Headquarters, there will be no working from home.  Union & management will not meet to discuss the transfer until, at least, the end of October.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »

Regarding my missing ex-neighbor.  He has been found, by accident, but sadly not alive.  He is the other car in this ... story..

I am so sorry, Jane.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »

I'm sorry, Jane.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »

Is anyone going to see PHANTOM 25TH during the next week?
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »

Now ask me how I really feel.

I think I can answer that question

Ask me how do I feel
Ask me now that we're cosy and clinging
Well sir, all I can say, is if I were a bell I'd be ringing!

From the moment we kissed tonight
That's the way I've just gotta behave
Boy, if I were a lamp I'd light
And If I were a banner I'd wave!

Ask me how do I feel, little me with my quiet upbringing
Well sir, all I can say is if gate I'd be swinging!
And if I were a watch I'd start popping my springs!
Or if I were a bell I'd go ding dong, ding dong ding!

Ask me how do I feel from this chemistry lesson I'm learning.

Well sir, all I can say is if I were a bridge I'd be burning!

Yes, I knew my moral would crack
From the wonderful way that you looked!
Boy, if I were a duck I'd quack!
Or if I were a goose I'd be cooked!

Ask me how do I feel, ask me now that we're fondly caressing
Well, if I were a salad I know I'd be splashing my dressing
Ask me how to describe this whole beautiful thing
Well, if I were a bell I'd go ding dong, ding dong ding!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:22:37 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2011, 05:20:26 PM »

Oh, boy - wi-fi...
Great to see you back with us.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »

Michael S, are you still in Montreal?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »

Thank you DR's TCB & Laura.

John G.

« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2011, 05:23:11 PM »

Ginny, I have a sister who lives near Nuremburg. Great area. Wish I were headed back there soon.

DR John G - unfortunately, we will be in Nuremburg only long enough to get from the train station to where our boat is docked.  If our trains are on time, we'll be fine; if we have any major delays, we may have to call your sister for a ride to the next stop on the cruise!
That's OK. She doesn't speak any English, so it's doubtful that she could be of any assistance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »

Yes I am. I am leaving Sunday morning
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »

Friday morning greetings!  Today, Richard and I are helping at the registration table for the Middfest business luncheon.  We have to pick up the centerpieces at the florist and deliver them to the hotel in the Cincinnati 'burbs where the event takes place.  We then have to greet people, give them their name tags, and direct them to their assigned tables.  Richard also has to prompt the hotel staff to turn off the Peruvian music when it's time to begin the formalities.  For lunch we're having Pollo de Antichucos.

Since there will be Peruvian music playing, I am assuming that the hotel is located in Lima.

LOL, you'd think so, DR TCB.  No, the hotel's in the Cincinnati 'burbs.  The Peruvian city is Lee-mah; the one in Ohio is Ly-mah.  "Lee-mah, Ly-mah, let's call the whole thing off..."

I love Lee-mah beans!

Do you all remember the wonderful Miss Manners? My two favorite dictates on taste from her were these, and I'm not quoting her accurately:
Q: When is a Vase a Vahs?
A: When it's filled with dahzies.

Q:  A gay couple has moved into the neighborhood and it's upsetting everyone. What can we do to improve the quality of the neighborhood?
A: You could move.

Roger Ebert had a variation of that latter bit in a review today of "Machine Gun Preacher." Here it is:

The sight of Sam Childers with his machine gun and his ammo belt reminds me of the night at O'Rourke's when a guy flashed a handgun for my friend McHugh.

"Why are you sportin' that pistol?" he asked.

"John," the guy said, "I live in a dangerous neighborhood."

McHugh replied: "It would be safer if you moved."
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »

I didn't go to work today.  I didn't even want to get out of bed.  I really just wanted to bury my head under the covers.  But I finally did get up; and, as usual, reading all the notes of encouragement and good vibes from all of you has helped me feel better.

So, let's talk about this dumbass MD and his assistant you saw yesterday. Clearly he has no bedside manner, no persanl or personnel skills, and your own personal MD knows you need immediate help. Is there someone else you can see besides this fool?

I keep running the events of yesterday thru my head.  They acted like I had lied to them before about having had previous back surgery.  I know what I wrote on the forms when I first came in to the office, and I remember discussing the fact that I had two back surgeries three days apart (one thru the back and one thru the front).  Or maybe, because they weren't going to get all the insurance money from surgery, they just washed their hands of me.

Not surprisingly, the surgeon's office had not sent any information to my doctor regarding my appointments or my CAT scan results.  We had to send off a Release of Information to the surgeon's office, because my doctor said that there was no way they would send him the info without that in place.  So, we are at the moment, at a standstill.
Sounds as attentive as my doctor. That's why I'm going to see a new one in a couple of weeks.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »

That's so sad.  I'm sorry, Jane.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2011, 05:28:47 PM »

Is anyone going to see PHANTOM 25TH during the next week?

I hope to be able to see it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2011, 05:30:43 PM »

Then safe travel vibes on Sunday!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »

Doug, did I miss the story of how you found us here at HHW?  Did you know someone at this site, are you just a fan of BK, or are you stalking Guy Haines?  Enquiring minds want to know.

Difficult to remember. I think I may have accidentally stumbled across the site in the dark. I was lurking around for a while and then bk suggested that rather than lurk around in the gloom, I should come inside.

I'm very glad you came inside. :)
Me, too.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from somewhere between "Kansas City " and the reprise of "The Surrey with the Fringe On Top". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2011, 05:31:52 PM »

Then safe travel vibes on Sunday!
Ditto.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2011, 05:32:37 PM »

Well, I'm now off to see Judy's other daughter!  Lorna Luft is performing her tribute to her mother, Songs My Mother Taught Me and I'm ushering!  There will be a report. :D

Until later!

John G.

« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2011, 05:33:20 PM »

I'm sorry, Jane.
Not the news you wanted, I know. Sorry to hear that.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2011, 05:33:33 PM »

Hi, DR PennyO! *I'll be back in NYC on Monday. Would love to see you!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up