Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MY KIND OF TOWN - LOS ANGELES IS  (Read 11544 times)

KevinH

Re: MY KIND OF TOWN - LOS ANGELES IS
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »

My Nudie Blu-Ray arrived too!   I thought it might be arriving so I watched for the mailman.  I heard him leave the building and went down to collect my mail.  Sure enough, there was a little yellow slip to let me know I wasn't home to receive a package.  Well, I was home!  I guess the mailman just assumes I'm not home on a weekday and doesn't even knock on my door!  I went outside and found him walking to one of the other buildings and got my package.

KevinH

« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2011, 05:06:23 PM »

I watched the Blu-Ray and really enjoyed it!  It looks great--I was also amazed at the colors!  Bruce, you look so young and innocent, just like the character you play!

I really enjoyed the documentary, especially Ron Howard's input!  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »

So happy to hear folks are liking the transfer!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »

And thanks, all youse, for the good wishes - I'm about to start getting ready to go meet DJ. He sounds charming, funny, alla that - I anticipate a really fun meeting.

Break a leg, PennyO!

Thank you, m'dear!! Broke 'em both!! Elmo's collaborator, DJ, is so charming, such a heart-centered, dear soul, it was a blissful hour down in Chelsea. We talked about everything. I'm taking the play back to my boss at Rogue Machine Theatre - I think we should do it next year, as a holiday piece. It's really beautiful, touching. I think it may actually go far - the world needs something besides Scrooge and Tiny Tim, year after year... can't wait to hear Elmo's arrangements!! DJ just raves about them. I expressed my strong interest in doing it - the part has been offered, but not accepted. So if the other gal passes on the opportunity, guess who'll fly in on her own wings to do this piece???? The characters are marvelous and the songs are killer. Who wouldn't want to do this???

Except that the part has already been offered this is all good news. 
MEGA VIBES SHE DOES NOT ACCEPT!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »

I just uploaded the web series' teaser trailer - check it out - direct link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07wOp5XNxU or you can just go to our You Tube channel - www.youtube.com/outsidetheboxseries.com

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2011, 05:26:31 PM »

Good Evening!

And I've napped!

*Of course, I didn't end napping until much later in the afternoon than planned, but I had a great couple of hours getting reacquainted with NYC. And I had a very good nap too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »

I'm happy you all had a good laugh today at my expense. I actually go by the name Tiffany Lampe.

After looking at the original scores and orchestra parts for ROBERTA, I have no idea how Chappell published the cockamamie mess they call a vocal score. The parts show lots of alterations with cuts and revisions, but the Chappell score, which is the basis for the Tams-Witmark rental version is a disaster. Mark Horowitz found my carton of scores for The New amsterdam Theatre Company, so tomorrow I will copy those, look over the copyright "Gowns By Roberta" libretto, and begin copying the Victor Herbert scores.

My evening is open, so I think I will chill out, watch tv, read a bit, and sleep.

DR Elmore - If you the time - and the craving - you should walk over to Good Stuff Eatery for a burger, or We, The Pizza for, well, pizza. They're right next to each other, and they're run by "Top Chef" contestant Spike Mendelssohn. -And I believe he's already back in DC after this past weekend's New York City Wine & Food Festival.  -And, I have to say, Spike is looking good lately. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »

DWTS spoiler, maybe -

Watching Chynna Phillips dance to "Hold On" may have confirmed - BRIDESMAIDS may have ruined the song for me.  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2011, 05:32:45 PM »

Thank you, again Jose, for letting us come along for the ride.  It was delightful.

You're most welcome! There were some wonderful things that happened over closing weekend, and once I'm a bit more settled, I share some of those things. There's even some video!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »

Stopped at K-mart today to get some keys made and while waiting I glanced at the DVDs.

Picked up GORILLA AT LARGE for just $5.00. Can you believe it!

No, I can't believe it, DR MBarnum. Now if it was priced at $3.00 or $4.00... ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »

I just uploaded the web series' teaser trailer - check it out - direct link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07wOp5XNxU or you can just go to our You Tube channel - www.youtube.com/outsidetheboxseries.com

Great teaser trailer, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2011, 05:36:54 PM »

Happy Birthday DR DOUG R!!!!!!

You don't get to forget about birthdays around here!

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »

My Nudie BluRay with sparkling prize included arrived today.  YEAH!!!

FJL

« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »

Fun trailer, BK!!!   Really makes me look forward to it!

(I got it by the direct link, but couldn't get the channel link to work, though.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2011, 05:41:26 PM »

DR PennyO - When? Where? How?

Hope you have a productive meeting with DR elmore's colleague.

Welcome back, Jose!!! Howz tomorrow, late-ish morning, coffee and catching up??? I'm at 66th and B'way, right across the street from Juilliard.

Perfect! I have to stop by the NY Phil in the morning anyway. We could meet in The Rubenstein Atrium, or 63 Bites Cafe in the YMCA building. Or.... More laters..

Okay - where are said places??? I'm on 66th and Broadway, right at Lincoln Center!I can't wait to see you, ol' pal!!!

DR PennyO - The Atrium is on Broadway between 62nd & 63rd. It's one of my favorite public spaces of the Lincoln Center campus, as well as in NYC. It's in the space where the rock climbing wall used to be, if you remember that. Why don't we meet there around 10:30? -By the 9th Ave/Lincoln Center entrance. It will make sense once you get there. There's a 'witchcraft there, perfect for coffee and a light (or not so light) bite to eat.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2011, 05:47:34 PM »

Did anybody watch TAR last night?

I really did not like it. I didn't like the idea of the double elimination that they announced last week. And did not like how it played out. Especially the reason why people were last.

Also, I've gotten used to the equalizing on flights (teams that were hours behind get on the same flight as those who finished first). But there has to be some kind of advantage to finishing first or in the front. I hate hate hate that a team that finishes 5 hours behind the LAST team can be on the same footing as a team that finished first. And then their speedbump penalty was so lame. It probably took like 5 minutes.

:(

I didn't mind it. I was amazed at how many teams missed the sign sitting right there in broad daylight.  It doesn't bother me that they all catch up.  You get a trip for two to some fun place for coming in first, so you do get a special treat.   

Ben

« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »

One more for Dear Larry courtesy of Anthony

Patti O'Chair

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2011, 05:53:28 PM »

I loved the series trailer, BK.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2011, 05:56:04 PM »

TOD:

Fried chicken!

I thought that was a health food :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »

And thanks, all youse, for the good wishes - I'm about to start getting ready to go meet DJ. He sounds charming, funny, alla that - I anticipate a really fun meeting.

Break a leg, PennyO!

Thank you, m'dear!! Broke 'em both!! Elmo's collaborator, DJ, is so charming, such a heart-centered, dear soul, it was a blissful hour down in Chelsea. We talked about everything. I'm taking the play back to my boss at Rogue Machine Theatre - I think we should do it next year, as a holiday piece. It's really beautiful, touching. I think it may actually go far - the world needs something besides Scrooge and Tiny Tim, year after year... can't wait to hear Elmo's arrangements!! DJ just raves about them. I expressed my strong interest in doing it - the part has been offered, but not accepted. So if the other gal passes on the opportunity, guess who'll fly in on her own wings to do this piece???? The characters are marvelous and the songs are killer. Who wouldn't want to do this???

QUICK!!! Someone offer the other gal something she would love to do so she passes on this one!

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »

I love chocolate and cake and pie and ice cream and potatoes and burgers and....well all of it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2011, 06:14:15 PM »

A GREAT BIG (and not quite belated) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to (relatively) new Dear Reader DOUG R!!

Hope you're having a great day!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »

I enjoyed BK's Outside the Box trailer. Didn't someone mention something about a subscription? How does that work? I've never heard of YouTube subscriptions.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2011, 06:17:51 PM »

bk - Nice trailer. *But what's with the 10 dislikes already?!?! Losers!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »

TOD:
It's not that I don't like sweet things, but my sweet tooth is very selective, which helps! I'm not a cake lover, but I tried Whole Foods Market's coconut cake the other day. Oh, wow! That was good! I do like ice cream, but am trying to stick to the no-cholesterol kinds, ie, those made from coconut milk or rice milk. Some of the coconut milk varieties are amazingly good.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2011, 06:25:39 PM »

Good Evening!

It was a truly beautiful Closing Night all around. A Sold Out house. Great energy on stage and in the pit. And even though there were a few tears shed, everyone left with smiles on their faces. And there were lots of hugs, and "I'll see you in New York"s. -And since some members of the cast will also be in The Boys from Syracuse, I'll be seeing them again in a few weeks. :)
That's nice that you'll be seeing them on such a fun show.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »

My Nudie BluRay with sparkling prize included arrived today.  YEAH!!!
Mine, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »

That was fun.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »

I got the bad news on the water heater: $1885 for everything. Now I just have to wait to hear from them about when they can come install it.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up