Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LIVE LONG AND PROSPER  (Read 14966 times)

Doug R

Re: LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »

Just back from another night of drinking and eating (I wonder whether I should cut back!). Several pints of beer (do you have pints in the U.S?) and a meal of roast beef.   

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!

The vet just called and she did not do a root canal.  The pulp of the tooth just missed being exposed.  She was able to repair the tooth & do something which should help push the pulp back so new dentin can form.  She will re-check him in 6 months to see if it held, if so he shouldn't need a root canal.

Second good news.  She called to say she doesn't think the growth needs removing as, in her opinion, it is shrinking.  No growth removal today & it too will be re-checked in 6 months.

Sherlock may be picked up at 4:30 with his clean teeth, filling & repair.  This also means no pain meds & he doesn't have to go on a soft food diet.

We are very relieved and happy.  :D

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »

Seeking advice from international travelers!

Richard and I just visited our local Verizon store and were not thrilled with what they told us about cell phone usage in Europe.  We then spent some time investigating international calling cards at Kroger.

Any and all advice regarding what to do about phones in Europe would be appreciated!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2011, 02:54:07 PM »

Good news, DR Jane - I'll bet Sherlock is thrilled over his reprieve!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »

Just back from another night of drinking and eating (I wonder whether I should cut back!). Several pints of beer (do you have pints in the U.S?) and a meal of roast beef.  

What about Yorkshire pudding?

We have pints but since I hate the taste of beer I don't drink them, though I'm sure a pint would put me under the table.

Laura

« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »

That's good news, Jane. Lucky Sherlock!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2011, 02:54:58 PM »

Good news, DR Jane - I'll bet Sherlock is thrilled over his reprieve!

He is still out but I'm sure come dinner time he will be thrilled.

Laura

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2011, 02:55:04 PM »

It is still haboobing here.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »

That's good news, Jane. Lucky Sherlock!

You bet!!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »

Richard and I just visited our local Verizon store and were not thrilled with what they told us about cell phone usage in Europe.  We then spent some time investigating international calling cards at Kroger.

Any and all advice regarding what to do about phones in Europe would be appreciated!

Ginny, do you have/go to Costco?  I remember that they (used to?) have international pre-paid phone cards for calling back to the US.  You could check them out...and if they do, I'm sure that they would cost much less than Kroger.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »

Before we left this morning I changed our sheets and threw all the top sheets, 3 layers worth, in the washing machine so Sherlock would have clean sheets on the bed.  Craig dried them for me & had them sitting nicely folded on the dryer when we returned home.  Just as I was about to begin a load of towels Craig said he had attempted to put the sheets back in the dryer for about 5 minutes but it broke just as he did so.  Thank goodness I had not started the load of towels.

I'm now waiting for the repairman to call me back.  It is probably the motor.  Since the washer & dryer are 9 years old I hate to put too much into repairs. On the other hand I really don't want new machines so we likely repair it, depends on what we are told.

~~~Dryer Vibes for DR Jane!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!

The vet just called and she did not do a root canal.  The pulp of the tooth just missed being exposed.  She was able to repair the tooth & do something which should help push the pulp back so new dentin can form.  She will re-check him in 6 months to see if it held, if so he shouldn't need a root canal.

Second good news.  She called to say she doesn't think the growth needs removing as, in her opinion, it is shrinking.  No growth removal today & it too will be re-checked in 6 months.

Sherlock may be picked up at 4:30 with his clean teeth, filling & repair.  This also means no pain meds & he doesn't have to go on a soft food diet.

Very, Very, Very (that's three Verys!) good news for DD Sherlock!!

Jane

« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2011, 03:03:35 PM »

Thanks DR George.  What we just saved not having to do the root canal should cover the repair fees, at least I hope so.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2011, 03:04:10 PM »

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!

Very, Very, Very (that's three Verys!) good news for DD Sherlock!!

I'm sure you have an idea how happy we are.  We are lucky to have such a great vet too.

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2011, 03:05:07 PM »

DR George - we don't belong to Costco, but we are on my niece's Sam's Club account.

Doug R

« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »

Pleased to hear the good news Jane.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »

Good Evening!

And... I've napped.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »

DR Jane - Good news about DD Sherlock! -And I hope you get some not-so-bad news about your dryer.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »

Thank you DR's Doug & Jose.  Now to get our sweet boy home and give him a big hug. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »

Super good news for DD Sherlock and DR Jane and DH Keith!

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »

Wonderful photo of two sweet DRs, Jose and PennyO!

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2011, 03:13:13 PM »

TOD:

When I flew to Japan, which was an 18 hour flight, we arrived in the am and I did not go to sleep until that night...so I think I was up about 36 hours, or so, I guess. Not sure, but it seemed like a long time not to sleep....but I was excited...and younger.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »

BK, really enjoyed the trailer! Looking forward to the series starting!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2011, 03:15:23 PM »

And now I need to head back down to Lincoln Center for tonight's concert by the New York Philharmonic. On the program tonight is John Corigiliano's new piece about 9/11 for Mezzo-Soprano and Orchestra - it premiered last week. I have a feeling I could get a bit emotional so I'm bringing Kleenex.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2011, 03:16:45 PM »

Oh...

As for the Topic of the Day...

I usually do a 48-hour stretch every couple of weeks. It just happens.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I stayed up just shy of three full days once. UGH!
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »

I've been watching TV pictures of the helicopter crash in East River, New York. Very sad that there has been loss of life. Helicopters never feel safe to me. I took a helicopter ride over NY once. It was an interesting experience but I was glad to get back on land.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2011, 03:20:22 PM »

My friend in Israel buys a phone for use here.  On our Baltic cruise my international phone was a pain, plus I kept receiving voice messages telling me I had a message, which I didn't.  I was advised to keep my phone off so I wouldn't get unwanted calls & it would be less expensive than answering calls I didn't need.  My suggestion, try texting instead.

Oh, I had accidentally taken my satellite alarm clock instead of a manual one.  My satellite clock is only for the states so I attempted to use the alarm on my phone, only it woke me up with the stupid messages telling me I had voice mail, which I didn't have.  There weren't any clocks in the cabin on the ship.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »

Super good news for DD Sherlock and DR Jane and DH Keith!

And DS Craig.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2011, 03:24:03 PM »

I've been watching TV pictures of the helicopter crash in East River, New York. Very sad that there has been loss of life. Helicopters never feel safe to me. I took a helicopter ride over NY once. It was an interesting experience but I was glad to get back on land.

I've only been on one helicopter ride & got rather sick.  It was worth it though as we were flying over Denali Park in Alaska.  Because the pilot didn't want me to throw up (good excuse) he landed on an isolated (meaning no tourist) glacier that was not part of the tour.

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2011, 03:43:13 PM »

TOD - I was awake for about 24 hours when DS Rob was born and it was well worth it!  Depending on how well I sleep on the plane to Paris next Monday night I may come close to or exceed that...c'est la vie!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up