Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TELEPHONE ALWAYS RINGS TWICE  (Read 17823 times)

Ben

Re: THE TELEPHONE ALWAYS RINGS TWICE
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »

JMK, that Serbian film sounds gruesome and awful!!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »

CAR, MONEY & STRESS FREE VIBES FOR DR SAM!!!!
Ditto.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2011, 09:57:34 AM »

I slept a half-hour past my normal rising time this morning.  When I turned off the alarm earlier, it was because I wasn't sure I'd be coming in today.  I felt out of sorts and sorta achy.

At 10 until 7 a.m., I awoke and demanded that I get ready and get my butt in to work.  Now here I sit...partially regretting my earlier bossiness.

I simply do not know which way the wind will blow on how I feel.  I may be in flux.  Oh, yes, I may be in flux.  This could be weather/allergen related or this could be some-bug-thingie related.

I'm not sneezing or blowing my nose, so that's something.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2011, 09:58:43 AM »

I had to review FROM PRADA TO NADA.  Sad to say, I was largely unimpressed.

The songs for the STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL were by none other than Maury Yeston.

I also just reviewed a Rudy Maxa travel title where he visited HAMPTON COURT.

I'm feeling all synchronicitied out, thanks very much.
Got halfway through From Prada and the pacing dropped off so badly I don't know if I'll finish it or not.

And thanks for the Yeston trivia.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »

I can always go home if I take a turn for the worse.

Presently, I'm content to be sitting here, sipping on my recently acquired latte and typing this here post.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »

Will this be the week that Chaz Bono goes home on DWTS?

Or will be it Carson?

John G.

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59:48 AM »

"Christmas At Hampton Court" is the only song I can recall from the REX score.

I was just going to mention that song as well.
Me, three.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »

Will this be the week that Chaz Bono goes home on DWTS?

Or will be it Carson?
I haven't seen it, but from what I've read Chaz has more of a following, regardless of dancing ability. So I doubt it will be Chaz.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »

Tonight I am off to finally see the Phantom Of the Opera musical. I have not seen a production of it since its second year on Broadway. So we'll see if it holds up after all these years.
Hope you enjoy.

So do I!  I certainly enjoyed it. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »

"Christmas At Hampton Court" is the only song I can recall from the REX score.

That's one more song from the score than I know.

I think "Away from You" is the best song in REX and one of the best things Rodgers wrote late in his career.  Sheldon Harnick told me that Rodgers had a hard time at that stage in life to deal with a piano.

I haven't heard the Broadway cast recording of this show in a long time, but I really like Sarah Brightman's recording of this song on her recording, "The Songs That Got Away."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »

Bonjour de Paris!  Richard and I had a smooth flight, with very little sleep, a slow bus ride to Gare Montparnasse, and an efficient taxi ride to Hotel de Lille.  Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, so we checked our luggage and took a nice walk around our environs and the outside of the Louvre for an hour or so.  Came back and took a power nap before walking to the Eiffel Tower for our 3:30 reservation (great advice from Rick Steves to buy tickets in advance instead of standing in that long line!).  We were there for a couple of hours, including a late lunch/early dinner.  We taxied back and are in early for the night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2011, 11:11:28 AM »

Bon!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2011, 11:16:45 AM »

I received a notice from Amazon.com that my Criterion Blu-ray of "The Four Feathers" will not be forthcoming today or any day this week.  In fact, they now list both the BD and standard issue as "temporarily out of stock".  Hmmm...wonder if there is a manufacturing issue, or.....?

I also got that notice and an additional one saying it was coming in a week - I think Criterion didn't get them stock in time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »

Had a pretty interesting call from a very well-known songwriter - asking if I'd be interested in issuing a cast album that was recorded but not released.  I said of course, of course, and it's being sent to me via Fed Ex.  I'm sure I'll like it so it would be a matter of the deal we might strike - I know the songwriter has talked to others, so I'll simply ask him what they've offered and then beat it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »

Everything will have shipped by noon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2011, 11:19:23 AM »

I gotta tell you.  I suppose I'll jog soon.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »

I received a notice from Amazon.com that my Criterion Blu-ray of "The Four Feathers" will not be forthcoming today or any day this week.  In fact, they now list both the BD and standard issue as "temporarily out of stock".  Hmmm...wonder if there is a manufacturing issue, or.....?

I also got that notice and an additional one saying it was coming in a week - I think Criterion didn't get them stock in time.

I got the "next week" notice a half-hour ago.  I think you're correct.

George

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »

Had a pretty interesting call from a very well-known songwriter - asking if I'd be interested in issuing a cast album that was recorded but not released.  I said of course, of course, and it's being sent to me via Fed Ex.  I'm sure I'll like it so it would be a matter of the deal we might strike - I know the songwriter has talked to others, so I'll simply ask him what they've offered and then beat it.

Nice!  Can't wait to find out if the deal is made and if it is...what it is! ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 11:29:17 AM »

Am SO looking forward to "S & S"!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »

I Love a Mystery.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2011, 12:13:38 PM »

Ginny and Richard are either awake and having a grand time in Europe or they are sleeping off their jet lag.

Either way, I"m jealous. They are in Europe and I'm not.

DR Ben, when you posted this we were, indeed, awake and having a grand time, but we're both about to crash and sleep off the jet lag.

When our captain came on last night and announced that we were experiencing a little turbulence as we flew over the New York area, I figured it was created by all our friends there waving at the same time...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2011, 12:14:41 PM »

'night!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2011, 12:43:59 PM »

OMG, THE CAPEMAN finally sees the light of day.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2011, 12:44:58 PM »

In other news, LOST HORIZON has arrived and I'm watching it.  Print looks great so far, but I haven't gotten to any of the excised material.  The laserdisc that reinserted that footage was pretty spotty looking, to say the least.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2011, 12:47:19 PM »

I'm back from a really lousy excursion: I had to run to Staples to photocopy some receipts since the scanner and photocopier at Toyland are not working. Four photocopiers there, only one costs $0.64 per copy , one was dead, and the other two making copies at $0.11 per copy were in the hands of two old ladies who had no idea of how ro uase a photocopier. After an interminable wait, I got my one copy made and headed to the post office - the one at 83rd Street is the lousiest in Manhattan. I swear! - where the line was out the door and there is only one atomated psotage machine. With another line amd the ,am in front of me had a shopping bag full of parcels. The post office at 68th Street, which seems run by san people. has three automated machines and why the fools at 83rd Street have only one is anybody's guess. I figured fuckit, I'll post it tomorrow.

I am very crabby at the moment. i don't mind waiting, but i have no tolerance for fools at the controls.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2011, 01:04:28 PM »

I believe I'm up to The Fertility Dance and it looks like it's struck from the same master, so they must have had a roadshow print in the archives all this time, despite their long protestations to the contrary.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »

Actually, Roquefort is a type of blue cheese, as is Gorgonzola.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2011, 01:09:19 PM »

Actually, Roquefort is a type of blue cheese, as is Gorgonzola.

Hmmmmm.....

Bleu
Blue
Blew
and Blu....

What a bunch o' homonym phonic spellings that are pronounced the same.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:14:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »

JMK

« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »

Yep, IF I COULD GO BACK looks fine, too.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2011, 01:12:42 PM »

Good morning, all! I slept well until my final dream, which was turning into a nightmare as I woke: I was wrking on several Somewhere in all of this, i had had a phone call from one of the NYC Gay Men's Chorus members asking to borrow all of my Cole Porter music and I had told him to go to the library and photocopy the songs he wanted. Then I was at Carnegie Hall for a Men's Chorus concert and I went across Seventh Avenue to purchase a cola and running into our EILEEN producer who was going to the concert.  Judy, our producer and I were talking about final overdubs of something, and we were flying to Seattle to do this; DR JMK was our liaison. I remember wondering, as we drove through a very rundown Seattle looking more like Troy NY, if I would see any of our Northwest Hainsies. Then they dropped me off at my actual New York apartment building, and I noticed that I'd forgotten to lock the door. I was walking up this long narrow staircase thinking I could hear people moving around my apartment, so I slowly inched my way back downstairs and called 911, only I didn't know the address. I could see figures in white clothing and masks moving around in my apartment and I woke up.

It sounds like your drream was turning into EYES WIDE SHUT.  Lucky you woke up beforeTom Crusie arrived at your apartment.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up