Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUT. PRINT. OVER THERE.  (Read 12150 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: CUT. PRINT. OVER THERE.
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »

Goodnight, DR Jane.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2011, 07:10:49 PM »

!!!!!WELCOME TO PAGE FIVE!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »

Apparently some other people were not too pleased with last night's presentation of H.M.S. Pinafore. -Be sure to read the comments.

I heard it was awful.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »

...And I liked "American Masters - Lucille Ball: Finding Lucy". However, the main narrator's ton of voice was just a bit too "too" for me. And then there was the awful synthesized music. Does anybody think that a synthesized violin sounds anything like a real violin? that is sounds good?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »

And...

Well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2011, 09:10:24 PM »

Tonight I went to Moneyball.   Since I'm not a big baseball fan, I didn't know the true story.  It was a really fun movie.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »

Have watched and reviewed THE CONVERSATION.  What a fantastic film.  I think I like it more every time I see it.  Nice screen test of Cindy, actually reading for the Teri Garr part.  Later she does a reading with Harrison Ford reading for the Frederic Forrest part.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Michael

« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2011, 09:50:32 PM »

I went to do the four-mile jog, went about a half-block and came back home - just too tired.  Then I transfered some Chitty stuff we're taking from the Blu and Ray (mostly the Sherman demos), and began doing the edit road map.  I've now got it all done except I have to upload all the stuff from the blu to our iDisk and that will take at least ninety minutes.  Then I can finish the road map.  CD 1's content is done - just have to do CD 2.  CD 1 will contain the original soundtrack album (with the addition of the entr'acte and the main title put back to the beginning where it belongs), followed by the original film main title (which contains sound effects but is much longer than the LP version and therefore worth doing even with the effects.  We'll also present the film mix of the exit music, which sounds completely different than the LP mix.  That will be followed by the "storybook" cover version, with Leroy Holmes conducting, with various singers including Mr. Richard Sherman.  The total running time of CD 1 will probably be close to seventy minutes.

CD 2 will contain all the Sherman demos from the film (about thirty minutes' worth) and then several of the playback tracks used on the set - material that wasn't included on the LP.  These are, of course, in mono, but worth putting on.  And then we'll have a couple of foreign versions of the title song.  I'm sure CD 2 will run around forty to fifty minutes.

Guess I'll try to jog now.

BK:
Are you taking the foreign language version from the Blu Ray or are these "popular" versions.
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »

We have had a delightful last day in Paris - several hours at Musee Rodin, a walk through Les Invalides, and shopping on Rue Cler.  Parfait!

:)

SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES!!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »

Well the CD of The First Nudie Musical arrived before the Blu Ray.

So I will upload the tracks I don't have.
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »

From DR George:

Tomorrow, we're going to drive around town and see what there is to see in this liitle Oregon town.  And that's the whole plan.  Who knows what we'll do on Sunday

Your aren't too far from beautiful Bandon.  I also recommend Shore Acres http://www.shoreacres.net/.

Bandon

Actually Jane, that's exactly where we went!  It was quite lovely and we had great weather.  We are back at my cousin's house for a late lunch/early dinner, then some more game playing...probably Phase 10

Exactly as in Bandon vs Shore Acres?  Sometimes Bandon get get too windy.  I'm glad you had nice weather.  Did you walk along the beach?

Sorry...we went to Shore Acres.  We did walk along the beach and it was delightful. :) We went to a couple of antique shops in Coquille, and then the beach.  After we got back, we ordered Chinese food (I had some not-so-great orange chicken) and then we played Qwirkle and Phase 10.  My cousin and his wife both go to bed early, so I am now up in my bedroom almost ready for bed.  I say almost because it's so darned early!  But it's probably not a bad thing to get some sleep...even on vacation. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2011, 10:23:25 PM »

Well, it's nice to be able to ketchup on the posts, but using this Kindle as a browser is very awkward.  So, I will now use the Kindle for its natural function...continuing with reading BK's "Kritzer Time!" 

Good night, all! 8)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

Flurry is back for9r an extended visit: three weeks and counting.

Poor dear, she has such a difficult time acclimating herself to a strange environment:

As I discovered early on during her first visit, if you mix her wet food with the dry she scatters the dry all over hell-and-gone licking off the wet, so I separated her food when feeding her. I mentioned this trick to her owner when she was reclaimed.  This visit, she came equipped with a bowl already filled with a mix of wet and dry food. I placed in down for her supper and she walkedover, inspected the bowl, and gave me a very reproving look - and didn't eat!. I put down a second bowl with the wet and dry separated and she dined happily.

der Brucer   
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2011, 02:09:41 AM »

Shayne, there is no foreign language version on the blu-ray - there was a tape with various versions from different countries - I'm going to probably have it as a hidden track and I've instructed the mastering guy to edit them all (German, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, Japanes) into one track - each verse in a different language - I thought that would be fun.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up