Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A MESS OF A MASSE  (Read 17604 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: A MESS OF A MASSE
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »

Oooohhh!

Waffles are ready!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »

...And those waffles were yummy!
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »

Just checking in.

We surpassed yesterday!!!
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »

And now I need to get ready to head back downtown to the Disney Concert Hall for this afternoon's concert by the L.A. Philharmonic with the Labecque Sisters. -And then I'm seeing Bring It On later tonight at the Ahmanson. A full day of cul-cha!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2011, 12:36:58 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima and we've had Richard's birthday lunch-of-choice - carry-in fried chicken.  Yes, today's his big 65th!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2011, 01:09:37 PM »

Jane

« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »

I was at the Austin Comic Con Friday and yesterday, as I will be again today.

I have sold a lot of books.

:)

:)

Jane

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2011, 01:11:39 PM »

I just found those two straps to make my bathing suit smaller.  I could not believe where i found them.

Outside!

;D

Jane

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »

My niece has had a fever on and off all week. My sister took her to the doctor earlier in the week. And there was no infection. But the fever came back friday and saturday.

So i went to the tiny tots clinic yesterday morning at 9am and they said they would be taking appointments for Sunday at 8am Sunday. So i go back at 8am. And the place is closed (but people are waiting). When the lady finally opens the doors (at around 8:15am) she says there are no more appointments.

She says they were all taken online. My sister had been trying online. But apparently they are only open online from 10pm-7am. :(

So she's on a waiting list. But now my sister called to say she doesn't have a fever right now. So even if they call she is not sure what to do. :(

You went in person just to book an appointment. The entire appointment system just doesn't seem right.  What if it were serious.  Were sick people there waiting without getting an appointment?!? :(

Jane

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2011, 01:14:41 PM »

Since my sister Molly couldn't use the computer I gave her - I asked my Uncle Wayne if he would like to use it.  I have been pestering him to get on the inner web for many years.....and to my surprise he said yes.

I took it out to his house this morning and set it up, and he will call Comcast tomorrow to come out to make the connection.....and then he will be on the net!!!

I initially read that as comforter.  Computer makes a lot more sense. :)

Jane

« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »

I had an exhausting day yesterday, but we did have a fantastic time seeing Gary Gullman and those of you who are FB friends of DW Wife Betsy can see a horrible picture of her with Gary taken last night (it was pitch black in the room and I artificially brightened the pic when we got home).  They actually look like siblings with those noses of theirs LOL.

LOL-It is horrible but she looks very happy. :)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2011, 01:16:33 PM »

I'll be very surprised if Gary doesn't end up with a sitcom as he is (as the opening act said to us before the show) "movie star handsome," plus he's like 6'6".

Then he could have Betsy guest star as his sister. :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »

Great photos, Doug R. And JRand, great Kurt Weill reference.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »

vibes please

;D  STAY CALM VIBES!!!

VIBES TO DR VIXTER SURVIVING DR VIXMOM ;)

Jane

« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2011, 01:20:38 PM »

DR Doug G thank you for those incredible photos!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »

I am enjoying a warm house. :D

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2011, 02:00:59 PM »

My niece has had a fever on and off all week. My sister took her to the doctor earlier in the week. And there was no infection. But the fever came back friday and saturday.

So i went to the tiny tots clinic yesterday morning at 9am and they said they would be taking appointments for Sunday at 8am Sunday. So i go back at 8am. And the place is closed (but people are waiting). When the lady finally opens the doors (at around 8:15am) she says there are no more appointments.

She says they were all taken online. My sister had been trying online. But apparently they are only open online from 10pm-7am. :(

So she's on a waiting list. But now my sister called to say she doesn't have a fever right now. So even if they call she is not sure what to do. :(

You went in person just to book an appointment. The entire appointment system just doesn't seem right.  What if it were serious.  Were sick people there waiting without getting an appointment?!? :(

Well she has a regular doctor. But she doesn't work on the weekends.

There is a phone system. But it's very often busy. And i only live 5 minutes away. So it's faster for me to just drive over.

It's a tiny tots clinic.

But the system does not work well.

Anyhow my niece is actually feeling better. She had no fever today. So all is well.

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »

DR Jane there were only 2 kids there. There was one appointment at 2:30pm for the first kid. They were then taking appointments for the next day for the other few people.

It makes no sense to me because yesterday they would not make an appointment for today.

Now that my sis knows the online booking is from 10pm-7am she should have luck if she ever needs to go there again. Every time she has tried to book online the system has been down. I mentioned this to the woman and she was like "oh it only works from 10pm-7am". But it wouldn't be obvious unless you knew the system I guess.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »

I shall now be on my way to see what I'm told is a three-hour production of Falsettos - I doubt I shall last the whole way through.

Kerry

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2011, 02:13:18 PM »

Apropos of nothing:  1957
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2011, 02:19:34 PM »

Well she has a regular doctor. But she doesn't work on the weekends.

There is a phone system. But it's very often busy. And i only live 5 minutes away. So it's faster for me to just drive over.

It's a tiny tots clinic.

But the system does not work well.

Anyhow my niece is actually feeling better. She had no fever today. So all is well.

I'm glad the visit isn't needed. 
VIBES YOUR NIECE STAYS WELL!!!!

Jane

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »

Every time she has tried to book online the system has been down. I mentioned this to the woman and she was like "oh it only works from 10pm-7am". But it wouldn't be obvious unless you knew the system I guess.

::)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »

In resonse to all the requests for photos (well I think at least one DR mentioned something about it) here are a few photos of my Bilbao trip. The silver building is, of course, the Guggenheim Museum. The stained glass window is in the railway station.

Doug-

Absolutely Stunning

Makes Me Want To Go

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »

Thank you DRJOHNG - I have been saving it since DR DOUG R mentioned his destination.

Oh my DR KERRY....even the doggie can't believe the outfit.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I did paint the town last night. ::)

What color?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2011, 02:59:53 PM »

DR Jrand Keith is busy playing The Elder Scrolls vs Skyrim.  He was very excited to begin the game & said the reviews have been great.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »

Oh my DR KERRY....even the doggie can't believe the outfit.

It does look that way. ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2011, 03:05:05 PM »

Yesterday I received my copy of the book DUELING HARLOWS - DR J TCB if you search on Amazon, you can look inside....I just posted the photo.

It is most entertaining......but there is NOT really enough material there for an entire book....at least as written.

I learned a few new things.....and the recent interviews with Carol Lynley and the AD of her film and the AD of Carroll Baker's film are a lot of fun.

He was not able to interview Carroll Baker, she declined......so a lot of what she thought comes in the form of quotes from her autobiography BABY DOLL......so I was familiar with all of that material.

Of course she has always claimed to be the soul of professionalism - this was contradicted by the AD who was assigned to her.  Tim (son of Fred) Zinneman says that she made his life hell....the she was an out of control diva.....and completely manic on the set.  I was ready to dismiss his claims as lunatic, when author Tom Lisanti included this single sentence:

"Baker's lateness and absences cost the production $58,113.99."

I guess she wasn't quite as professional as she remembered in her book.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up