Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HARRIED EXPERIMENT  (Read 18092 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE HARRIED EXPERIMENT
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »

Finally back from what was basically a stumble-through of the show.  The people who had to miss many rehearsals last week were in very rough shape and I found it pretty annoying.  One of them had absolutely not looked or listened to one note of music or looked at the blocking.  I had a blow-up with that person this morning, and I'm promised that it will be better tomorrow and that from here on in I will have full commitment to this stuff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »

I think it will be a good show if everyone will only learn the material - everyone is ragged and still trying to remember stuff, despite everyone having this material for weeks now.  And I can't do any real directing until they not only know it but actually perform it so I can see what needs adjusting, if anything.  Reading through the commentary several things became apparent, most to do with a couple of very long stories that as of tomorrow will be much shorter and different.  I'm not quite sold on the show order yet, but that may change when the cast is up to speed and it has some pace.  There is one song that's driving me a bit batty - two, actually - one I might replace, and one I might simply cut.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... Rehearsal ended over an hour ago... And I just now hopped on the bus back to Glendale. Apparently there were "ghost busses" on LA Metro's "NextBus" app.

*However, I did make the most of the delay by stopping into the House of Pies for a post-rehearsal slice. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2011, 11:35:15 PM »

Public Broadcasting Service recently launched on satellite TV in the UK. A newspaper report states:

PBS CEO Paula Kerger wants to correct a misconception about American television and wants to share another perspective on the United States separate from Hollywood. Which is why, 42 years after PBS was founded, the broadcaster is finally coming to the UK, with a new channel that she hopes will "give people in the UK a sense of how news is reported in the United States" and "through the investigative journalism, a real sense of some of the issues in the States".

I've only just found out that it's now launched so I'll be interested to have a look at it.

Will they be including the pledge breaks?

;)

*Although, I read a report that there is now a PBS channel that is "All Pledge Drives, All the Time".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2011, 11:41:56 PM »

DR Michael S - If your primary reason for buying an iPad is to use it as an e-reader, then save yourself a Kindle or Nook. The iPad is truly an ultra-portable computer. If you're not going to use it for web-browsing, email, the thousands of apps, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2011, 11:44:49 PM »

And...

I'm back in Glendale.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?