Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN I'M SIXTY-FOUR  (Read 9686 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHEN I'M SIXTY-FOUR
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2011, 09:19:23 AM »

And another major reason that I wanted to make sure I visited HHW today in addition to wishing BK a Happy BD, was to thank him for all the notches he helped to add to Cason's career belt. When Cason asked me to look over his resume he prepared for his application packets, it really hit home how much the opportunities offered by BK played a role in his career journey -- opportunities that provided so much personal and theatrical/business growth and such valuable experience.

Thanks, BK!!

:)

Miss Karen

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »

and hi, Miss Karen.

Hi back at 'cha, DR John G!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2011, 09:23:57 AM »

Congrats to DR JMK on his iClosing......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2011, 09:24:38 AM »

TOD:

Song - Sleigh Ride, White Christmas (especially as sung by Miss Doris Day)

Jane

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »

DR Jane:  What episode of "Eureka" were you watching that was out of sync?   I watched the Christmas episode that aired night before last on SyFy.  Aside from playing perfectly, I thought it wonderfully inventive, creative.  I'd have liked it to be about 15 minutes shorter because I think it went on a bit long, but I don't believe there's a more creative writing staff (sci-fi-wise) working in TV today than the ones who write "Eureka".  The holographic wave that transformed everyone into cartoon characters (including Peanuts and Scooby and the Gang), claymation characters and anime characters was wonderfuly to behold.  A lot of work went into this episode and I thought it very funny, to boot.

This is funny because yes, that was the episode I was referring to.  Initially I enjoyed it, however, not being a fan of cartoons I obviously missed a lot.  I asked Keith & he did catch the Scooby reference.  I laughed occasionally & had it not been so garbled, seriously garbled by the end of the show, I might have enjoyed it.  I preferred the clamation & anime to the cartoons.  I know it is silly but it bothered me Henry's wife wasn't at the Christmas gathering with him, at least I didn't see her.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2011, 09:31:31 AM »

Chilly, but no snow here. It snowed north of town the other day, though.

Some snow up here in the high country -- around 5-6 inches at my place last Friday and Sat, and a dusting on Monday -- mostly all melted now except for some white still in the shade/shadows.

I thought you normally have 4 seasons.  How cold is it there?

DR Jane ~ Yes, up here in the High Country of AZ, we do get the 4 seasons. Had a major cold front move through this past weekend -- down in the teens at night, but its slowly warming up. 45 high predicted today with lows in the 20s. Even Phoenix got cold with this one. The nice thing about P-Town is we do get the 4 seasons -- but none of them are extreme. Flagstaff is more like Colorado and gets more of the snow. Here, we don't get hammered as much - and with our drought, there have been some winters with no snow. Last winter, several snows. With this one, we're off to an early start for this winter -- maybe -- this could be the only one. You never know in AZ ...

That has been exceptionally cold.  I would have gladly moved to Prescott when we came here.  It is a pretty town.

Miss Karen

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2011, 09:35:29 AM »

And now I'll take my leave with The Drifters' White Christmas:

da-doo-da-doomp
doomp, doomp
doomp... doomp
da-doo-da-doomp
doomp, doomp,
doomp...doomp
I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »

I'm up, and what a lovelier than lovely bunch of birthday posts to wake up to - thanks to all for the birthday wishes.   I almost got eight hours of sleep and would have had the telephonic device not rung - it was someone who attended the show last night, but I'll call him back later.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to Papa Kimmel.

Speaking of which, I've joined the throng.  Adelaide Katz was born November 28: unbelievably beautiful and doing great.  Sleeps long stretches, rarely cries.  Latched on to Joy in her first hour of life like a pro.

Xmas song: I'm Happiest At Christmas deals with the state of being unhappy at a time in which everyone seems so cheerful.  It's part of The Christmas Bride, my musical opening in Portland, Maine at the Lucid Stage next week
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »

Hi, DR Noel!  Congratulations to you and Joy and welcome to sweet Adelaide!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2011, 10:03:30 AM »

!  !  !  !  !  HAPPY  BIRTHDAY  TO  BK  !  !  !  !  !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »

Speaking of which, I've joined the throng.  Adelaide Katz was born November 28: unbelievably beautiful and doing great.  Sleeps long stretches, rarely cries.  Latched on to Joy in her first hour of life like a pro.

And she sleeps!  :D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2011, 10:04:53 AM »

Wow!  It's like old homeweek here today!

(Though I'm not all together sure what a homeweek is supposed to be...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2011, 10:05:40 AM »

If it was iHomeweek - we could ask DR JMK

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2011, 10:08:26 AM »

!  !  !  !  !  CONGRATS TO DRs NOEL AND JOY ON THEIR NEW ARRIVAL  !  !  !  !  !

(When can we expect the CD?)

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2011, 10:14:46 AM »

TOD:

God Bless Ye, Merry Gentlemen -- by anyone
Jingle Bells -- Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters
Sleigh Ride -- Leroy Anderson
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? -- Ella Fitzgerald
Christmastime Is Here -- Vince Guaraldi
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »

Thank you to DR Elmore for reminding me about THE STINGIEST MAN IN TOWN.  I had the dvd in my Amazon shopping cart for weeks before I removed it to quickly order something else and forgot all about it.  Ordering it today!
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2011, 10:21:44 AM »

I have to have a tooth pulled tomorrow.

:'(
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2011, 10:23:32 AM »

Just read through all 400-plus Facebook birthday wishes - so sweet - even Betty Buckley wished me a happy birthday :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »

I did manage to remember to order Guy Lombardo's Sing The Songs Of Christmas.  We had this album when I was a youngen and I've been waiting for years and years for a cd release.

This one is for the pure nostalgia of hearing it once again.  While the orchestra arrangements are fun and bouncy, they often get lost on this live recording behind the male vocalist (I don't recall his name) who basically leads a bunch of kids in a sing-a-long.  (The audience was obviously not inspired by the performance because you can hear the crowd talking throughout the entire album.)  Still, the cover photo is very pretty...

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2011, 10:35:09 AM »

I will most likely be E&T once again tomorrow.  We take Mom to the hospital for a quick procedure (knock wood) to have a stent in her bile duct removed.  Lord willing, this will be the last medical thingy she will have to go through after all the other hullabaloo of the past five months.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIrthday BK!!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »

Ginny, your Secret Twin works at Lake Oswego City Hall and helped us process the application for Zach's passport today.  I almost wanted to ask if we could take her picture so that you could see, but I decided it might not be appropriate.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2011, 11:46:10 AM »

I will most likely be E&T once again tomorrow.  We take Mom to the hospital for a quick procedure (knock wood) to have a stent in her bile duct removed.  Lord willing, this will be the last medical thingy she will have to go through after all the other hullabaloo of the past five months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for your mother, DR Dan(theMan)! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2011, 11:47:32 AM »

I'm back from my NYPL jaunt, found a lot on "Pipes of Pansy," which is good, and very little on DEAREST ENEMY, which is bad. I hear the Richard Rodgers scrapbooks are what I should examine. Next week.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:32:49 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2011, 11:47:46 AM »

vibes for the mother of DR DtM!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to Papa Kimmel.

Xmas song: I'm Happiest At Christmas deals with the state of being unhappy at a time in which everyone seems so cheerful.  It's part of The Christmas Bride, my musical opening in Portland, Maine at the Lucid Stage next week
Congratulations on Adelaide.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »

Many vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2011, 11:52:31 AM »

A long evening of editing the manuscript ahead. It goes to the publisher tomorrow whether we're ready or not. thankfully, in terms of writing, it's just about ready. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up