Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE DID THIS YEAR GO?  (Read 9177 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WHERE DID THIS YEAR GO?
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:47:01 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes flew by like the year and the gazelle, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they were planning to come home this year, but the year, like the gazelle, flew by and now it won't be until 2012.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WHERE DID THIS YEAR GO?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:47:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: ABRADE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:18:41 AM »

Topic of the Day:  in iTunes:  the new soundtrack to "The Muppets."  The MP3s are available from Amazon for only $4.99 (plus tax for Washington state).  It's $9.99 from iTunes and the physical CD probably doesn't have an extensive booklet (a digital booklet isn't available from either iTunes or Amazon), so I bought the MP3s. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 03:52:00 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And Amtrak has WiFi now!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 03:56:44 AM »

I did manage to get a good hour's nap, and then I showered, dressed, packed up my MacBook, got the rest of my bags together, headed downstairs, and hailed a cab to Penn Station. It looks like they are expecting the train to fill up along the way, so I already have a seatmate. He's heading a little further South than me, so it will be nice to have the same person for the duration.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 03:58:14 AM »

And now I think I'm going to try to grab a few more winks before the sun finishes rising.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 04:20:39 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 04:21:19 AM »

Soon to be back at work on the paper. The carpenter comes this morning to fix the door frame. (Hopefully it won't be too expensive.)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 04:23:47 AM »

Great Filichia on Friday. I love the way he bothers to analyze why certain shows don't work and that he's not afraid to call people on what he sees to be a show's shortcomings. The comment on the "Chicago's Al Capone" lyric is spot on. The interesting thing is that this is not just another Frank Wildhorn failure. Others are to share the blame.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 04:24:37 AM »

TOD: MP3: "A Broadway Christmas."

Maybe, if I get to the library, "A Bishop's Wife."
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 04:47:26 AM »

Travel vibes to DR JOSE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 04:48:04 AM »

DR JANE - this may be the link you are talking about, although there seems to be more Susan at the link previously posted.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusanGordonFanClub

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 04:49:10 AM »

DR JOSE is hanging out with some VIPS these days.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 05:20:23 AM »

TOD:

DVD - Rise of the Planet of the Apes

CD - Scent of Mystery

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 05:21:15 AM »

Tonight on Ovation - Matthew Bourne's NUTCRACKER which I have never seen.  The commercial interruptions are endless and come at strange places.....but I will stick with it as long as I can.

Now I am off to work.  Oh well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 05:26:54 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept later than usual, and all I can remember of my dreams is being stuck with my mother somewhere in the American west in an area I did not recognize and the futility of shipping back a defective package. I also had a very long dream about writing a recording script for ROBERTA.

This mornng, at 11, I see my barber for an overdue haircut. Since he's at Radio City, I will see the Christmas tree as well. Following that, I will go to the Lincoln Center NYPL and pick up my photocopies of "The Pipes of Pansy" before I head back home. Then, I have laundry - a lot of it since I'm doing all my bedding today - and maybe some work on italics and umlauts for the Herbert lieder.

TOD:
  DVD: Christmas Carols by many, Nutcrackers by many, A TUNA CHRISTMAS, and other holiday features
  CD: Scott Joplin, Victor Herbert, many many Christmas CDs, Guy Haines, Judy Henske
  VCR: Festive smut
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 05:27:45 AM »

Tonight on Ovation - Matthew Bourne's NUTCRACKER which I have never seen.  The commercial interruptions are endless and come at strange places.....but I will stick with it as long as I can.

Now I am off to work.  Oh well.

I like Matthew Bourne's work quite a lot. I thought his SWAN LAKE was amazing.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 05:39:02 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  We have 2 days of festivities ahead of us to celebrate dear niece/goddaughter Lauren's graduation from Miami University.  Today's the ceremony and tomorrow's the party.  This is the young woman whose father (Richard's older brother) died 2 years ago.  She had every reason to spin out of control, but she dug in and today follows in his footsteps (and her uncles' and her grandmother's) across the stage at Millett Hall.  I am so proud of her!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 05:55:19 AM »

Here is Lauren wearing her 2011 MAC championship ring, which she earned as student athletic trainer for the football team.  The ring is as big as her head!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 06:03:46 AM »

Topic of the Day:  in iTunes:  the new soundtrack to "The Muppets."  The MP3s are available from Amazon for only $4.99 (plus tax for Washington state).  It's $9.99 from iTunes and the physical CD probably doesn't have an extensive booklet (a digital booklet isn't available from either iTunes or Amazon), so I bought the MP3s. :)

I've long been resisting going the iTunes route and purchasing non-hardcopy music but I see myself buckling and giving in.  Bebe Neuwirth has a new recording that I've been wanting to hear, but it's available only as digital on iTunes or Amazon.  I've been buying digital books for over three years--I might as well start buying music the same way...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 06:05:50 AM »

That ring is kind of scary, DR Ginny!  It looks like an eye that is looking back at me!

But that is a very fetching picture of Lauren.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 06:10:37 AM »

MEdia Check:

DVD:  THE STINGIEST MAN IN TOWN, along with this year's viewing of THE HOUSE WITHOUT A CHRISTMAS TREE, THE HARD NUT, THE HOMECOMING and AMAHL AND THE NIGHT VISITORS.

CD:  Christmas music (until I buy the Bebe Neuwirth digital recording, that is.)

...Digital Recording...is that what we call these things now?
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 06:11:45 AM »

Good morning. I have nothing in particular planned for today. Maybe I should start to begin thinking about getting ready to prepare for Christmas?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 06:30:39 AM »

I posted this on my facebook and will post it here too.  I'm glad my attending the debate didn't spark any big political discussion.  I can tell you fun things - like Michelle Bachmann definitely doesn't use botox, but otherwise, this is all I'm going to say
OK, just so ALL of my friends don't think I've fallen off the deep end. I think I'm like many people in this country. I don't agree with the Republicans on social issues and don't agree with the Democrats on the economy. In my opinion the next election is about the economy.

I do take Iowa's first in the nation status for the election process seriously. After Iowa some candidates drop out, after New Hampshire and South Carolina even more drop out. I honestly don't know who I'm going to caucus for, but I will be caucusing. For me it's a difficult decision- who I think can win or someone I like but don't think will make it through the whole process. The debate was a wonderful experience, seeing the candidates in person (they are very chummy when the camera is off) helps and listening to them without commentary by anyone helps too. But for now, I'm still undecided.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 06:30:46 AM »

I'm in that time period where I can do nothing: can't do laundry, can't leave for the barber, the place is in complete disarray, and I am seriously frustrated. Grrrrrrrrrr . . .

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 06:36:32 AM »

Breathe, DR Elmore, breathe...

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 07:11:05 AM »

TOD:

LAW & ORDER, Season 9
You can dream…or you can do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 07:16:15 AM »

Day 3 is here, but it's a very slow morning.  My mom is out having blood drawn (a monthly event).

After getting 8 hours of sleep, I'm oddly exhausted.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 07:16:39 AM »

Some pictures from Chelsea.

Our front door

Ben

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 07:17:19 AM »

Our tree.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up