Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CLOCHE HAT AND BABY BUNTING  (Read 9612 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: CLOCHE HAT AND BABY BUNTING
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »

Early travel vibes to Jane and Keith!

Thank you & wish me luck going through the security with my injection pen & my artificial body part. 

Yes, indeed, I can relate to that.

I know.  I keep reading the horror stories & hope I only have to deal with the usual body check.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2011, 04:10:12 PM »

I excel at procrastinating.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »

Off to finish as much of my packing as possible.

Laura

« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »

EVERYONE! Please stay healthy.

That is all.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »

That is all.

Thank you, DR Laura.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2011, 04:40:22 PM »

Good evening.  I had talked about going to see mom and dad today, but they sounded so good last night and had nothing for me to do, so I told them that I'd wait until Friday as planned.   So at noon today i got a call from Dad  "Hi! Where are you?"  I said "In my office"  he said "OH, we were waiting for you to arrive so we could go to lunch" lol....I guess the short term memory is still a bit shaky

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »

That is all.

Thank you, DR Laura.
Yes, ma'am. I'm trying.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »

Good evening.  I had talked about going to see mom and dad today, but they sounded so good last night and had nothing for me to do, so I told them that I'd wait until Friday as planned.   So at noon today i got a call from Dad  "Hi! Where are you?"  I said "In my office"  he said "OH, we were waiting for you to arrive so we could go to lunch" lol....I guess the short term memory is still a bit shaky
Sounds like my folks. And bless them all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »

― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »

TOD:

Sleeper
Annie Hall
Purple Rose of Cairo

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »

Lord, when does this supposed vacation begin??? 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »

Had a splendidly splendid visit with the darling daughter.  We chatted, then had lunch at Mo's, then went and got her her Christmas present - her cell phone is basically dead and besides that was from the year One.  She's never gotten any kind of service where she lives - she was worried that would still be the case with any new phone, but the At&T guy assured her that it was absolutely the ancientness of her phone and its sim card - both over seven years old.  We found her a spiffy new phone - the phone itself, after rebate, was only about fifty bucks and it suits all her needs - little keyboard, pretty color, touch screen, etc.  So, for the rest of her present I paid her current bill and six months in advance so she doesn't have to worry about another cell phone bill until July.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2011, 05:05:13 PM »

Heather Headley sings "Over the Rainbow." I think I half enjoyed it.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/157834-THE-SCREENING-ROOM-Heather-Headley-Sings-Over-the-Rainbow-Tweets-About-The-Bodyguard

When I first read this, I thought the URL was "...-THE-SCREECHING-ROOM-Heather-Headley-Sings-..."

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »

I then found out I was eligible for an upgrade to a 4S and since I had someone who was desperate to buy my 4G I did it.  And the 4S is AMAZING.  SIRIously amazing with the new Siri thing.  You can ask it questions and it finds answers, you can tell it to text anyone in your address book or any number, tell it to dial, tell it to remind you of something at some time a few days later, tell it to put stuff on your calendar - unbelievable and I probably haven't even tapped what it can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2011, 05:07:21 PM »

I then went to Long's and configured this year's Christmas card.  It will be ready in about thirty minutes and I'll walk over there and get them and get them mailed tomorrow.

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »

Happy first night of Chanukah!

Jennifer

« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2011, 05:14:26 PM »

Nice hearing about your visit with your daughter BK!

Jane

« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2011, 05:22:19 PM »

Had a splendidly splendid visit with the darling daughter.  We chatted, then had lunch at Mo's, then went and got her her Christmas present - her cell phone is basically dead and besides that was from the year One.  She's never gotten any kind of service where she lives - she was worried that would still be the case with any new phone, but the At&T guy assured her that it was absolutely the ancientness of her phone and its sim card - both over seven years old.  We found her a spiffy new phone - the phone itself, after rebate, was only about fifty bucks and it suits all her needs - little keyboard, pretty color, touch screen, etc.  So, for the rest of her present I paid her current bill and six months in advance so she doesn't have to worry about another cell phone bill until July.

Nice gift.  I hope the phone works at home as promised.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2011, 05:23:37 PM »

Happy first night of Chanukah!

We just lit the candles, a few minutes early.  I surprised Craig with a big box of baseball cards I picked up from my friend.  What he doesn't want will be returned & she has more for him to choose from.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2011, 05:27:22 PM »

Day 7: Lawse, yes...I have a parent with memory issues.  Primarily, I was told that I would be doing all the driving this year and that "she" (i.e. my mom) would say nothing.  The gist here is that my mom hates riding with other people.  When she does, there is an onslaught of expressions, breath intakes, warnings, second-guessings of the driver's capacity to read road signs or recognize traffic lights.  In short, it' s nervewracking unless she  refrains from said behavior.

All of that said, she has not yet kept her promise.  In point of fact, I daresay she' s incapable of doing same until she is prepared to relinquish " control".

Sigh.

Today was meant to be simple:  We were going to CostCo in Augusta GA, followed by a trip to the Augusta Mall.  The reason was that we decided to forgo our annual drive to Greenville SC.  That decision was mine following Day 6's  annual drive to Spartanburg SC to visit our cousin, Dot, have lunch at Wade's, and to make a trip to a cemetery to place holiday flowers on the graves of my grandparents and great grandparents.  It was nervewracking.  Nothing happened...no near-incidents...just comments about my speed (I was driving too fast even though I was under the speed limit). My stops were too abrupt, my starts were too fast, my lane changes were not what they should be, etc.  There was no way I was going through that again today, or so I thought.

Sigh.

Day 5 was Sunday and I drove only a couple of miles with no comments.

So, today was a rough one and completely unenjoyable.  I am going nowhere else that involves me driving longer than 10 minutes.  I hope the remainder of my stay is uneventful by comparison.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:30:03 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2011, 05:28:50 PM »

Your's or their's?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »

Seriously Cilla, I am greatly relieved that  your parents are safe.  It is  frightening to think they could have lost everyting had they not been home when the lamp blew.  Best vibes to you and your parents.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »

Gauche cloche...that is the thought I had the last time I saw one.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2011, 05:34:47 PM »

I hope the rest of your visit goes well, Ron.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2011, 05:35:28 PM »

Day 7: Lawse, yes...I have a parent with memory issues.  Primarily, I was told that I would be doing all the driving this year and that "she" (i.e. my mom) would say nothing.  The gist here is that my mom hates riding with other people.  When she does, there is an onslaught of expressions, breath intakes, warnings, second-guessings of the driver's capacity to read road signs or recognize traffic lights.  In short, it' s nervewracking unless she  refrains from said behavior.

All of that said, she has not yet kept her promise.  In point of fact, I daresay she' s incapable of doing same until she is prepared to relinquish " control".

Sigh.

Today was meant to be simple:  We were going to CostCo in Augusta GA, followed by a trip to the Augusta Mall.  The reason was that we decided to forgo our annual drive to Greenville SC.  That decision was mine following Day 6's  annual drive to Spartanburg SC to visit our cousin, Dot, have lunch at Wade's, and to make a trip to a cemetery to place holiday flowers on the graves of my grandparents and great grandparents.  It was nervewracking.  Nothing happened...no near-incidents...just comments about my speed (I was driving too fast even though I was under the speed limit). My stops were too abrupt, my starts were too fast, my lane changes were not what they should be, etc.  There was no way I was going through that again today, or so I thought.

Sigh.

Day 5 was Sunday and I drove only a couple of miles with no comments.

So, today was a rough one and completely unenjoyable.  I am going nowhere else that involves me driving longer than 10 minutes.  I hope the remainder of my stay is uneventful by comparison.

Ron, I love your notes from home.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »

Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate!

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2011, 06:14:39 PM »

We've been home about an hour after our trip to Dayton for the last of the Christmas shopping and to Cincinnati for my belated birthday dinner.  The Montgomery Inn was, as usual, fabulous - salad, ribs, Saratoga chips.  YUM!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up