Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BEAUTY OF A BEAST  (Read 11707 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BEAUTY OF A BEAST
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2011, 04:05:25 PM »

Scroll down the list but you'll see we've won several "awards" on this guy's site - doesn't really mean much, but it's nice nonetheless.  Melody won most unique cabaret act (I ONLY create unique cabaret acts) :)  Jason won for his act, and best CDs of the year are all Kritzerland titles - Jason, Melody, and People In The Picture.

http://grigwarereviews.blogspot.com/

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »

And here's another review for the Blu and Ray of Nudie Musical - my only complaint is that he didn't use the word "fun" enough :)

http://www.aboutheroes.com/?p=10536

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »

Congratulations on the awards, BK!  And on your new computer, which sounds like the one Richard is considering.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »

Scroll down the list but you'll see we've won several "awards" on this guy's site - doesn't really mean much, but it's nice nonetheless.  Melody won most unique cabaret act (I ONLY create unique cabaret acts) :)  Jason won for his act, and best CDs of the year are all Kritzerland titles - Jason, Melody, and People In The Picture.

Congrats, BK!  And even further down from Thursday, December 8, 2011, he has a picture of himself with the four "Original Turkey Lurkey Gals Perform at Kritzerland":

;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:26:17 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2011, 04:51:57 PM »

I just received a rather interesting email from a rather well-known writer asking me if I could provide details about a long ago article in The Nation he had read about my Uncle:

http://www.thenation.com/archive/ordeal-captain-kauffman

I guess my answer should be, "What's it worth to you?"  :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:55:49 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »

BK, you say that WAR HORSE "tugs at the heartstrings."  My friends who have seen it describe it more as "rips your heart out."
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2011, 05:30:17 PM »

I think I'll go through some of the "Unpurchased" items in my Amazon Wish List and purchase them.  For myself.
Did that yesterday.

I don't use the Wish List, I just put things in my cart and then "Save for later."  I got $100 in gift cards/certificates for Christmas!  I intend to spend every $ very soonly. :D

But depending on what I get with my $, I may get as few as two items or many more items than two.

How much can the Botswana Cast Recording of THE FULL MONTY possibly cost?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »

Today's The Times They Are A-Changin' Rant:  When I was being raised, we were taught that the "t" in often was silent, and in fact I knew a guy who was working on his Master's Degree at the same time I was working on mine who did a thesis on the different "classes" of people who pronounced the word variously with the "t" silent or not.  In those days (early 80s), saying the "t" was a sign of a less "privileged" socioeconomic upbringing, at least according to this guy's research.  In the ensuing years, things have changed and it's harder and harder to find anyone who pronounces "often" without saying the "t."

Canadians have always used the "t."
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »

Fun!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2011, 05:40:48 PM »

I think I'll go through some of the "Unpurchased" items in my Amazon Wish List and purchase them.  For myself.
Did that yesterday.

I don't use the Wish List, I just put things in my cart and then "Save for later."  I got $100 in gift cards/certificates for Christmas!  I intend to spend every $ very soonly. :D

But depending on what I get with my $, I may get as few as two items or many more items than two.

Whatever the cost, it's worth it. Right?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2011, 05:41:57 PM »

Congrats, BK!  And even further down from Thursday, December 8, 2011, he has a picture of himself with the four "Original Turkey Lurkey Gals Perform at Kritzerland":

;D
Did any of these do the air guitar choreography?
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2011, 05:42:17 PM »

Did that yesterday.

I'm not sure, but it's probably more than the Greek cast recording.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2011, 05:42:47 PM »

Did that yesterday.

Of course! ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »

Offin is what I say.

As do I.

But how do you say mary, marry, and merry?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »

Ugh I guess I have to watch the news.

Yuck, I guess I missed it, too.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2011, 05:56:21 PM »

I'm home!  Thanks to all for the travel vibes.  

It was a long day, but I arrived at DCA only about 10 minutes later than originally scheduled since I was on a non-stop flight.

This is what happened.   We boarded the flight to JFK at 2:15 for a 3:05 departure.  I called my friend in DC and told him what was going on.  He offered to check my flight status (for both flights ) on the Delta website.  In a minute or so he said, "This is odd.  It says your flight is cancelled."  I told him that we were all on board and asked why they would do that if the flight had been cancelled. Well, we chatted for a few more minutes and sure enough, the gate agent got on the speaker and told us the flight had indeed been cancelled due to weather and traffic control problems in New York.

My friend found the number for Delta and I called while still on the plane.  I was able to get a non-stop flight to Washington, leaving at 5:25.  I had to go to the luggage area and after about an hour the luggage from the cancelled flight came out.  Then I had to go to US Airways to check in there. Then back through security.   I got a little somthing to eat.    I went to the gate for my flight and the agent said that there were no flights allowed to DC and that the flight would be leaving at about 6:10.    But shortly thereafter we were able to board and actually left at about 5:55.  

I had broken my own rule--I always try and get a nonstop morning flight, but the fares were substantially higher for those flights at the time I made my reservation.

KevinH

« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2011, 05:57:05 PM »

Offin is what I say.

As do I.

But how do you say mary, marry, and merry?

In Buffalo, we said them exactly the same.

KevinH

« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »

Congrats on the awards, BK!

John G.

« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2011, 06:01:46 PM »

I'm home!  Thanks to all for the travel vibes.  

It was a long day, but I arrived at DCA only about 10 minutes later than originally scheduled since I was on a non-stop flight.

This is what happened.   We boarded the flight to JFK at 2:15 for a 3:05 departure.  I called my friend in DC and told him what was going on.  He offered to check my flight status (for both flights ) on the Delta website.  In a minute or so he said, "This is odd.  It says your flight is cancelled."  I told him that we were all on board and asked why they would do that if the flight had been cancelled. Well, we chatted for a few more minutes and sure enough, the gate agent got on the speaker and told us the flight had indeed been cancelled due to weather and traffic control problems in New York.

My friend found the number for Delta and I called while still on the plane.  I was able to get a non-stop flight to Washington, leaving at 5:25.  I had to go to the luggage area and after about an hour the luggage from the cancelled flight came out.  Then I had to go to US Airways to check in there. Then back through security.   I got a little somthing to eat.    I went to the gate for my flight and the agent said that there were no flights allowed to DC and that the flight would be leaving at about 6:10.    But shortly thereafter we were able to board and actually left at about 5:55.  

I had broken my own rule--I always try and get a nonstop morning flight, but the fares were substantially higher for those flights at the time I made my reservation.

Strange story, but glad you're home safe.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »

And here's another review for the Blu and Ray of Nudie Musical - my only complaint is that he didn't use the word "fun" enough :)

http://www.aboutheroes.com/?p=10536

Wow!  Great review.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2011, 06:07:22 PM »

Did that yesterday.

To George?  Yes.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »

Did that yesterday.

I'm not sure, but it's probably more than the Greek cast recording.

;)

I should have known.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »

Watching the Kennedy Center Honors. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2011, 06:21:36 PM »

Kevin, don't tell me who wins; I want to be surprised,
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »

Kevin, don't tell me who wins; I want to be surprised,

Okay!! :)

KevinH

« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »

Wow!  Anne Hathaway sounded great in her tribute song to one of the honorees.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2011, 06:34:49 PM »

Kevin, I am glad that you made it home safely.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2011, 06:35:32 PM »

Kevin, I am glad that you made it home safely.

Thanks, TCB!

KevinH

« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2011, 06:36:30 PM »

It's time for me to say goodnight:  "Goodnight!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up