Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG SCARE  (Read 11298 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE BIG SCARE
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2012, 07:03:55 PM »

John G., I am so sorry to read that you need surgery, but thankfully they found it early.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks, all of you.
And vibes and prayers for JRand's dad.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »

Page six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2012, 07:20:44 PM »

In light of all the comments about dubbing: Just saw Grace Kelly and Bing sing "True Love." She was not dubbed. I don't think he was, either.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2012, 08:10:56 PM »

Also re dubbing:  I can affirm that my brother was not dubbed when doing his role in his 8-minute Occupy Wall Street-themed film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNdxw9-wfdY

I mean, for the record,

FJL

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2012, 08:11:34 PM »

:)

John G.

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »

Watching a fun documentary about Ahmet Ertegun with some great footage of Lieber and, BK's friend, Stoller.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »

Good Evening!

Three more....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »

...And my parents and relatives and their friends liked the show. However, when I went out to the lobby after the show, they were nowhere to be found. But I did see one of my former voice teachers as well a Richmond-based actress I've done a few shows with. I tried calling my mom, but it went right to voicemail.  I waited around for a bit, and then...

When I got back to my parents house, they weren't home yet. Hmm...

They got home about 10 minutes later. They thanked me for arranging the tickets, and said I did a good job.

And now they're making a very late dinner. My father has fired up the grill, and he's about to cook some steaks. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2012, 09:15:24 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2012, 09:23:11 PM »

Yesterday I had the two MRI's.  One of my lower spine and one of my upper spine.  Today, I received a phone call from my surgeon's office saying that he reviewed the thoracic MRI, and was now referring my case over to a different surgeon.  The reason is that my surgeon doesn't deal with the thoracic part of the spine.

Gee, wouldn't it have been nice to discuss this with the patient, rather than just dumping me?  I am not really happy about this.

DR TCB - Hopefully, your new doctor will be more communicative.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2012, 09:27:16 PM »

Will anybody in NYC be going to see Darren Criss (Glee) in How to Succeed on Broadway?  They showed the playbill when he was on Live With Kelly. I love that playbill!

DR Jennifer - If you want to download the new poster art of the Darren Criss Playbill, it's been posted on Playbill.com, BroadwayWorld.com, etc. The Nick Jonas poster art has already been posted too.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:28:53 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »

And...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

*Interesting how the complete title of the show is not spelled out on the Nick Jonas art.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2012, 09:30:50 PM »

DR Jennifer - Oh, and I think I'm seeing How to Succeed... next Wednesday.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »

In light of all the comments about dubbing: Just saw Grace Kelly and Bing sing "True Love." She was not dubbed. I don't think he was, either.

And I guess it should be noted that only part of Debbie Reynolds' vocals were dubbed in "Singing in the Rain".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »

I just got an Apple G4 Imac desktop with 17" screen with lots of extras for $80 including shipping.   I will be happy until I get it.....then hopefully my happiness will continue.

Hmm... A G4? Did the previous owner tell you when he/she originally purchased it?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »

Well, the good news is that Rex doesn't seem worse. He's not out of the woods yet, but he didn't need fluids today.

That's good news. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »

DR TCB,

When you emailed amazon.com about your problem did you email the regular customer service or the kindle customer service?  I ask because the latter is very helpful and the former is not.

I would definitely email the kindle CS. They have been very helpful to me.

I am sure you can return the book and get your money back. But i'll bet the kindle CS will help you.

Yes, Jennifer, it was the regular customer service.  They told me it was too late to stop it, because it had already been packaged.  That sounded like BS to me, because it was during the weekend.  They told me that I could refuse the package, but it is more trouble than it is worth.  So, I will give the book to someone as a gift.

Or you could read them ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2012, 09:42:13 PM »

Well, it's back to NYC this weekend.  It's amazing how much cheaper hotels are in January as compared with December. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Christine Andreas and Kritzerland's Jason Graae at the "Lyrics and Lyricists" concert Sunday.    

I always used to love going to up New York City in January. I could usually score some good theatre tickets - especially with some of the discount codes - and I would usually stay at the Skyline Hotel over on 50th & 10th. You could get a very nice room with two queen beds for just $75/night, and parking was just $8/night too. And they have a great view of the Empire State Building from the indoor pool on the top floor.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2012, 09:45:38 PM »

Night John G.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »

Well, I keep putting off this brief so tomorrow is about it.  I called today to confirm the deadline and it has to be in the mail by Monday, so..... I'm about 1/2 done with it, I just couldn't bring myself to work on it today, so I'll get it done over the weekend.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »

I went to an art show for a young artist tonight.  I think she's probably in college or around that age.  Anyway, I found a piece I just love, hate the frame because it's got glass and it makes it look like a print when it's an original mixed media.  Anyway, I think this may be her first attempt at selling art and I think she's under pricing things, but I wasn't going to argue about it.   I went to the show very early and offered to leave the piece there for the rest of the show, but she said "No, take it now if you want to" so I did.   It was on my wall before the show was over

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2012, 09:50:28 PM »

With the glass on it, I'm not sure I can take a good photo of it, maybe I'll try tomorrow when it's light in here and I wouldn't need a flash

FJL

« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »

Well, it's back to NYC this weekend.  It's amazing how much cheaper hotels are in January as compared with December. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Christine Andreas and Kritzerland's Jason Graae at the "Lyrics and Lyricists" concert Sunday.    

I always used to love going to up New York City in January. I could usually score some good theatre tickets - especially with some of the discount codes - and I would usually stay at the Skyline Hotel over on 50th & 10th. You could get a very nice room with two queen beds for just $75/night, and parking was just $8/night too. And they have a great view of the Empire State Building from the indoor pool on the top floor.

We've eaten at the Skyline's restaurant a couple of times.  I really liked it, IIRC.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »

Well, I have a busy day tomorrow and need to get some sleep.  Night all

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »

We've eaten at the Skyline's restaurant a couple of times.  I really liked it, IIRC.

Hmm.... I don't think I've ever eaten at the restaurant there. But I think I did order room service one time.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »

Well, I have a busy day tomorrow and need to get some sleep.  Night all

I have a semi-busy day tomorrow too. I have a few "practical" errands to take care of in the morning, then a matinee, then the evening show. I believe my parents are heading up to DC tomorrow for some sight-seeing and then dinner with my brothers. -Although, my aunt it still coughing a lot, and I'm actually hoping that they just stay put tomorrow and let her rest. They fly back to the Philippines on Tuesday, and she really should be well for that 14 hour flight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »

In any case...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up