Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITING, WRITING, WRITING  (Read 12912 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: WRITING, WRITING, WRITING
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »

Not having been there it's hard to comment meaningfully, but I'd say generally maybe 30 seconds is an "honest mistake," 2-4 minutes (or however long it was) is just outlandish, ignorant boorishness.

Since I'm familiar with the typical demographic in Avery Fisher Hall, I wouldn't be surprised if the owner of the ringing phone just couldn't hear it. Or the Mahler either. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »

Because of the late start today, I finessed, then ate, then picked up a couple of packages, then began writing new pages.  I've done about ten so far and am now taking a little break.  In three pages I shall be done with 1994 and then it gets a little easier.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »

Because of the late start today, I finessed, then ate, then picked up a couple of packages, then began writing new pages.  I've done about ten so far and am now taking a little break.  In three pages I shall be done with 1994 and then it gets a little easier.

Yeah, 1994 was a bad year for me, too.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »

Jane, the Regatta is the twin of the ship I sailed on in Italy.  They are both part of Ocenia Cruises.  If you check out their web site, remember that the prices include round-trip air.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »

T.O.D.

ASK BK DAY!

BK, did you ever turn down a role that you wished later that you hadn't?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2012, 04:27:11 PM »

From DR Jose:
What were the other two movies you saw?

HUGO was the best of the three.  If it were still playing here we would go with Craig to see it in 3D.  He was too busy with the pets & his new job to go while we were away.

On the way down we saw SHERLOCK HOLMES (Missed our boy when we asked for tickets to Sherlock).  On the way home we saw MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, much of which was a bit silly.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »

From DR George:
Actually, it wasn't difficult to post at all.  :D

;D

Jane

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »

DR Cilla it probably would have helped to have seen the first Holmes flick before the 2nd one to appreciate it more.  I enjoyed it much more than Mission Impossible & I wasn't feeling well when we watched Holmes.  I would tell anyone that if they didn't like the first Homes movie or are Sherlock purist not to see these films.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »

DR George thank you for the continued vibes for our Sherlock.  Though he seems fine we have decided to wait until tomorrow to take him for a walk.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2012, 04:36:46 PM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Remember, before I retired, that I hosted a brownbag lunch on the second Wednesday of the month?  Well, Richard and I are going to that event today because the subject matter is relevant to his work with our local historical society.  Afterwards, we're planning to visit the Dayton Art Institute to see their special exhibit of the works of Norman Rockwell.

I do remember.  Norman Rockwell's work in person!!! :)

Jane

« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »

My knee is still sore. No hiking today.

I'm sorry you had to skip your hike.  Are you keeping your knee elevated?

FAST KNEE HEALING VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »

Well, I received an e-mail back from the Vice President of Marketing for the 5th Avenue Theater in Seattle.  (No, not about the OKLAHOMA poster)  I had written asking why the ship was sinking backwards.  He said that the drawing is meant to show the ship surging through the ocean from the prospective of sea level, and not as a depiction of the ship sinking.  Okay, if they say so, but that is not what most people who have seen it thought.

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »

And this is why you should turn your cellphone off at a concert: http://mkitch.tumblr.com/post/15661821971

The New York Times just posted their blurb about, but I like this guy's "tone".

The phone's owner is just lucky Ms. LuPone was not performing that night.

;D

Jane

« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2012, 04:51:42 PM »

Jane, the Regatta is the twin of the ship I sailed on in Italy.  They are both part of Ocenia Cruises.  If you check out their web site, remember that the prices include round-trip air.

As did this cruise.  I believe your cruise was also all inclusive?  What did you think of the service, food, comfort, and appearance of your ship?

Jane

« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

Well, I received an e-mail back from the Vice President of Marketing for the 5th Avenue Theater in Seattle.  (No, not about the OKLAHOMA poster)  I had written asking why the ship was sinking backwards.  He said that the drawing is meant to show the ship surging through the ocean from the prospective of sea level, and not as a depiction of the ship sinking.  Okay, if they say so, but that is not what most people who have seen it thought.

;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2012, 05:00:32 PM »

I watched the first episode of THE BORGIAS last night.  Does anyone else think Jeremy Irons sounds a lot like Boris Karloff?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2012, 05:14:52 PM »

As did this cruise.  I believe your cruise was also all inclusive?  What did you think of the service, food, comfort, and appearance of your ship?

I think my cruise was one of the last before they started including bottled water, soda, juices for free, which would have been nice to have.  Other than that, the food was wonderful (the specialty restaurants were included in the price) and they were really great.  The service was first-class form the housekeeping, to the waiters by the pool, to the servers in the buffet.  I never came across any snooty behavior which I have found on many cruises.  I would love to go on one of the two new ships (the Marina and the Rivera), because the decor looks wonderful.  I would highly recommend Oceania.  The only negative is that they still require (voluntary) gratuities.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:31:32 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »

Jane, I don't know how I missed the posts about Sherlock.  I am glad he is doing better.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »

Seattle's Pacific Northwest Ballet is getting ready to produce the ballet, DON QUIXOTE.  Tom Skerritt will be playing Don Quixote.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »

T.O.D.

ASK BK DAY!

BK, did you ever turn down a role that you wished later that you hadn't?

I didn't turn down much during my career, but of the few things I said no to I don't have any regrets.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2012, 05:49:03 PM »

I just pulled out all the albums I did in 1995 or at least that carry that copyright (I'm sure I did a couple of these at the end of 1994 but I'm equally sure that some of the early 1996 titles will be from 1995.  I'm not going to be nutty about chronology anymore simply because it will not be possible being that there were nineteen albums that year and I was literally in the studio recording every two-and-a-half weeks.  To try and figure out the exact order would be madness.  I can figure out some of it by going to amazon and looking at the CD release dates, because our normal procedure was to put things out within six weeks of their being finished.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »

I literally do not know how I produced this many albums from scratch - it is truly mind-boggling.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2012, 05:49:47 PM »

And on top of all those, I was also reissuing a few titles ever year.

JMK

« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »

Those Oceania cruises look great!

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »

Jane, you probably posted this, but what cruiseline were you on?  I have 4 weeks of vacation this year, and I'm wondering if maybe Betsy and I should abandon the kids and go on one.  :)

JMK

« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »

Perhaps BK did not see my Ask BK question.

Or perhaps I'm simply being ignored.  :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »

Those Oceania cruises look great!

Mine was the best of the ten cruises I have taken over the years.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2012, 05:59:53 PM »

I think my cruise was one of the last before they started including bottled water, soda, juices for free, which would have been nice to have.  Other than that, the food was wonderful (the specialty restaurants were included in the price) and they were really great.  The service was first-class form the housekeeping, to the waiters by the pool, to the servers in the buffet.  I never came across any snooty behavior which I have found on many cruises.  I would love to go on one of the two new ships (the Marina and the Rivera), because the decor looks wonderful.  I would highly recommend Oceania.  The only negative is that they still require (voluntary) gratuities.

Maybe the fact tips aren't included in the fees upfront is why the service is so good-motivation. ;)

The two specialty restaurants on our cruise were included in the price.  Reservations were needed for dinner.  We ate breakfast & lunch at them & stayed with the main dining room for dinner.  The specialty restaurants basically had the same menu every night & Keith wasn't thrilled with the vegetarian options on them.  I also was happy to stay with the main dining room.

One day we hope to take an Oceania cruise.  For our next trip I would like to stay on land.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »

Jane, I don't know how I missed the posts about Sherlock.  I am glad he is doing better.

Thank you.  How are you doing?  Did you have any appointments while I was away?

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »

Richard and I had a delightful day in downtown Dayton!  We went to the library where I used to work for a program on legal issues for nonprofit boards (not as boring as it sounds), then to the nearby bagel shop for lunch.  We then drove up the hill to Dayton Art Institute where we spend several hours touring American Chronicles: The Art of Norman Rockwell.  We rented the audio devices and enjoyed both the adult and kids' tracks of commentary.  We were there until the museum closed at 5pm.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up