Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: PENNY LOAFERS  (Read 9308 times)

Cillaliz

Re: PENNY LOAFERS
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »

Mom was fine while we were there, sore, but fine.  When she got home dad insisted that she go to the doc to get checked (she wanted to) and he did an MRI.   There was no sign of any injury and no sign of alzheimers. He didn't do the MRI for that reason, but it's nice to know

good news -  although I am confused by the "no signs of Alzheimer"s"  statement -  my Dad's neurologist  told us that there is no conclusive way to test for Altzheimers other than a post mortum brain biopsy -  is there a MRI  test now that can diagnose it?

I don't know that it can diagnose it, it's just what he told her

I took that to mean he didn't need an MRI to see if there was injury from a fall since she was mentally fine.

Oh, no I meant he didn't do an MRI to test for Alzheimers, he did it to see if she had a subdural hematoma or something like that.  My grandpa had that happen after a fall once and mom was afraid it could have happened to her. We were glad it didn't

Laura

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »

Wait. They are both twins?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »

Such wonderful photos. Thanks, Cillaliz.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:01 PM »

This month's meeting of the Joy Luck Club book discussion group is history.  We had a good time.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »

Wait. They are both twins?
Yup.  the girls have a younger sister and the boys have a younger brother.   that was the wedding party

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »

Night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »

thanks for the compliments on the photos. It was a really nice time

Cillaliz

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »

I have nothing to say on the topic of the day as I don't normally adhere to trends in clothing.  But I have to agree with DR JRand, there is no such thing as Dress Jeans,  However, in some cases, a cowboy hat is dress attire, but only where it's obvious.  There are to many wannabe's out there that THINK a cowboy hat is dress attire.  Like if you grow up in the Bay Area.

Ditto and DITTO!

That's all I have to say on today's Topic of the Day.

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2012, 11:48:12 PM »

We had our final dress rehearsal and "A Bucket of Blood" opens tomorrow night!  We started tonight's run-through at about 7:35 and ended the first act at about 8:20...nice length for the first act.  We had a 10 minute intermission and the second act went about another 45-50 minutes.  There were about eight or so people in our audience and they seemed to enjoy it.  Everything went well. :D

Now, we just need to sell tickets.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2012, 11:50:33 PM »

Whenever I hear the word loafer, I don't think of shoes but instead think of one of my high school math teachers whose favorite phrase to students was, "Hey, are you loafin'? Stop loafin', ya loafer."

Hello, DR Allardyce. Welcome to HHW!

Tell us about yourself.

Howdy. I'm a follower of the Kimmelian School of Wizardry and decided it was about time I join this wacky group to see what kinda trouble y'all can stir up. :) Actually, I'm the moderator of the Film Score Monthly music forum, an admirer of the Kritzerland label, and an all-around swell guy. This place appears to have an upbeat vibe, which is refreshing to see on the dastardly Internet.

Welcome New D(ear)R(eader) Allardyce!

George

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2012, 11:57:07 PM »

...and very nice pictures of your pet!

George

« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2012, 12:10:06 AM »

Lovely pictures of the wedding, Cillaliz!

George

« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »

The groom has been a superman uberfan all his life.   He was wearing his superman shirt under his tux

I went to a friend's wedding last year and the groom loves Batman.  He even got a Batman logo put on his wedding ring...with his wife's approval.

George

« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2012, 12:18:59 AM »

Back from the doctor, who is still all adrenalin and hyperactivity. It's kinda like being treated by Tigger. He got all of the cancer, he said, and I can go back to work and start living normally again. So, I guess I'm back at work next Wednesday. And I'm thankful beyond belief.

Congratulations, John G.!! ;D

George

« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:28 AM »

Wither Mr Piano?
Wither, indeed.

"...while her withers wither with her...."

;)

George

« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2012, 12:22:46 AM »

Back from lunch, where I ran into Tammy Minoff, who I hadn't seen in, what, six years???

How did that go?  Did you have lunch together?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2012, 02:03:02 AM »

No, we just said hey and talked for a little bit.  It was a little awkward, as you might imagine.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up