Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PENNY LOAFERS  (Read 9381 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: PENNY LOAFERS
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 07:16:29 AM »

Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten my shipping notice from the Rapture seance Amazon Marketplace seller, so I have a hunch my feeling about him was correct.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 07:21:32 AM »

The laundry is in the dryers, the kitchen and bathrom floors are mopped, and I am ready to vacuum the living area.

Then I can get on with my plans for the day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Allardyce

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »

Whenever I hear the word loafer, I don't think of shoes but instead think of one of my high school math teachers whose favorite phrase to students was, "Hey, are you loafin'? Stop loafin', ya loafer."
"If life were a dream, would anybody take a moment to notice?" -- Me

Ben

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 07:58:25 AM »

Anthony will be doing the laundry tomorrow.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:21 AM »

One has to wonder how Katherine Schulte managed to get a job with the BBB with such horrible writing skills.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »

They're going to broadcast Whitney's funeral? I wonder how soon I can buy the DVD?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »

Whenever I hear the word loafer, I don't think of shoes but instead think of one of my high school math teachers whose favorite phrase to students was, "Hey, are you loafin'? Stop loafin', ya loafer."

Hello, DR Allardyce. Welcome to HHW!

Tell us about yourself.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 08:13:51 AM »

Yes, we must know all about you.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »

MR BK's notes on the INVASION USA/TORMENTED cd are most excellent.....some lovely comments about Miss Susan....and a beautiful photo of her and Lugene Saunders from the movie as well!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:18 AM »

DR JMK which of your businesses is being investigated by the BBB?

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We had a delightful time and a delicious dinner at Rob and Mary Linda's last night.  We got home quite late and I had some AAUW work to do.  Went to bed as soon as I finished that.

My book group is meeting at our house tonight, so I've baked an apple pie because an apple tree figures prominently in the story.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »

DR JMK which of your businesses is being investigated by the BBB?

It's so hard to keep track, I have so many, don't you know?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 08:24:14 AM »

Hooray! The laundry is accomplished, and now I can gewt to work on "Cheerio," No. 4 in DEAREST ENEMY.

JMK

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 08:24:25 AM »

Finishing up my FORT APACHE review.  I'm astounded that so many people (critics even) seem to think this is an anti-Indian film.

JMK

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »

Hooray! The laundry is accomplished, and now I can gewt to work on "Cheerio," No. 4 in DEAREST ENEMY.

Is it a cereal composition?

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »

While the oven was still warm, I also roasted a batch of almonds - Happy National Almond Day!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »

I have nothing to say on the topic of the day as I don't normally adhere to trends in clothing.  But I have to agree with DR JRand, there is no such thing as Dress Jeans,  However, in some cases, a cowboy hat is dress attire, but only where it's obvious.  There are to many wannabe's out there that THINK a cowboy hat is dress attire.  Like if you grow up in the Bay Area.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »

Posting on my train ride along the river.  I can't read my commuting book because my Kindle ran out of juice.

That never happened with those paper books.  Anyone remember them?

LOL.  Yes, I did carry some of those when I traveled-just in case.

A friend said he took a spare battery for his Nook when he traveled.  I didn't even know they sold spares.

I use to charge my phone at the airport.  Slowly I began to compete with game users as well as other phone users.  Now eBooks are in the mix I couldn't find a free outlet while waiting to leave for Tahiti.  In Tahiti I didn't have an adapter to use at the airport, not that I noticed any outlets.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We had a delightful time and a delicious dinner at Rob and Mary Linda's last night.  We got home quite late and I had some AAUW work to do.  Went to bed as soon as I finished that.

My book group is meeting at our house tonight, so I've baked an apple pie because an apple tree figures prominently in the story.

Sounds good.  Did you enjoy the book?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »

In Tahiti I Didn't Have an Adapter is the title of my new travel book.

Allardyce

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »

Tell us about yourself.

Howdy. I'm a follower of the Kimmelian School of Wizardry and decided it was about time I join this wacky group to see what kinda trouble y'all can stir up. :) Actually, I'm the moderator of the Film Score Monthly music forum, an admirer of the Kritzerland label, and an all-around swell guy. This place appears to have an upbeat vibe, which is refreshing to see on the dastardly Internet.
"If life were a dream, would anybody take a moment to notice?" -- Me

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

Back from the doctor, who is still all adrenalin and hyperactivity. It's kinda like being treated by Tigger. He got all of the cancer, he said, and I can go back to work and start living normally again. So, I guess I'm back at work next Wednesday. And I'm thankful beyond belief.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:30 AM »

Tell us about yourself.

Howdy. I'm a follower of the Kimmelian School of Wizardry and decided it was about time I join this wacky group to see what kinda trouble y'all can stir up. :) Actually, I'm the moderator of the Film Score Monthly music forum, an admirer of the Kritzerland label, and an all-around swell guy. This place appears to have an upbeat vibe, which is refreshing to see on the dastardly Internet.

Welcome, Allardyce.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »

TOD: I am a creature of blue jeans and comfortable cotton/linen shirts. But I, too, would welcome hats coming back. I wear a fedora when it gets really cold here, which isn't too often.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »

Sounds good.  Did you enjoy the book?

Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden - not my favorite, but it was OK and kept me reading until the end.  One of our members was quite insistent that we read it, so I hope she shows up tonight to participate in the conversation.  Here's a video of the author talking about the book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT7mC8PGDwQ

I love the curved desktop bookcase that's behind her!

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 10:04:39 AM »

DR John G - thanks for sharing your great medical report with us!  Take it easy on your return to work.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 10:15:18 AM »

Hey, Dude!   Welcome!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »

New Dear Reader Allardyce

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 10:16:47 AM »

In Tahiti I Didn't Have an Adapter is the title of my new travel book.

In Israel, the Adapter Burned Out My Mom's Curling Iron is the title of "my" new travel book.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »

Back from the doctor, who is still all adrenalin and hyperactivity. It's kinda like being treated by Tigger.

;D

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up