Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ISHKABIBBLE  (Read 13599 times)

Ginny

Re: ISHKABIBBLE
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

Thank you to DRs John G and Danise for the calm weather vibes.  Severe weather is moving across the area, but the worst of it seems to be south of us.  It has just begun to thunder here.  If the sirens go off, we'll head for the basement.  We're also keeping the TV on and one of the weather guys on Channel 9 from Cincinnati is about to have a stroke.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »

...and here comes the rain!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

I pray you stay safe, DR Ginny.

Glad to hear you got your trip booked, DR Elmore. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »

Just talked to my folks in Louisville. They are encamped in the basement while the tornado warnings are in the effect. I remember that feeling from growing up there. Thankfully, they are doing well and have enough to do in the basement to keep them busy, if they want to be.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2012, 01:47:01 PM »

Yes, DR John G, northern Kentucky is getting the brunt of this storm and there's a lot of coverage on Cincinnati TV.  Your Louisville folks are smart to be taking cover.

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »

I am also working on a trip.  Richard and I are planning to be in NYC May 20-24 to see Jim Parsons in HARVEY and in Washington, DC, May 24-28 to see DR Jose's MUSIC MAN.  I have been emailing with Jose and last night purchased our tickets and made our hotel reservation.

Now I have a question for NYC folks:  HARVEY will play at Studio 54, a new theatre for us.  I'm looking at Mezzanine tickets - any comments?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:16 PM »

Back from a really fun early lunch with the booker of the Nuart.  We're going to pull out all the stops for the midnight showing on June 8th, including a giveaway of the Blu-ray and t-shirt, showing one episode of Outside the Box, etc.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »

I am also working on a trip.  Richard and I are planning to be in NYC May 20-24 to see Jim Parsons in HARVEY and in Washington, DC, May 24-28 to see DR Jose's MUSIC MAN.  I have been emailing with Jose and last night purchased our tickets and made our hotel reservation.

Now I have a question for NYC folks:  HARVEY will play at Studio 54, a new theatre for us.  I'm looking at Mezzanine tickets - any comments?

You should get tix for ONCE!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »

DR Danise:  Was this incident with you either falling or passing out the same incident that occurred when your were washing your car?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2012, 02:13:41 PM »

I'll probably be seeing Once next Saturday night.

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »

Yeah, that's on our list, too.  Any comments on sitting in the mezzanine at Studio 54?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2012, 02:23:26 PM »

Yeah, that's on our list, too.  Any comments on sitting in the mezzanine at Studio 54?

Nope.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »

Good morning, all! I had a ton of dreams about The Drama Book Shop and its new owner, mostly about going back to work there and not knowing where anything was in the new location. I am not sure why these keep occurring,

First thing up is the laundry, and I'm ready to begin. I'll tidy the apartment, give some more thought to the area were the telephone once was - I think I need a bookcase there, 221-22" wide and  48-60" tall - and vacuuam. My choice  leading lady for DEAREST ENEMY is no longer available in August so it's back to the drawing board. Emails must be sent today.

TOD:
   DVD: several operas. a Netflix film, The Fuller Brush Girl, some Bob Hope
   CD:  ONCE soundtrack
   VCR: smut

I keep having dreams about going back to work for Hardy's Shoes  The store never has much merchandise in stock.  That would make sense, becasue Hardy's went out of buisness about twenty years ago.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »

TOD:

DVD - Here's Lucy Season Five

CD - Beautiful Voices

I have just watched some of the special features on the Here's Lucy set.  Most of the "bloopers" were seen on the first Here's Lucy set which was called The Best of.....  and all chosen by Lucie Arnaz, which means most of them featured HER doing something or other.  There is also Lucy on the Donny & Marie Show which I haven't watched yet.  Spotlight on Desi Arnaz, Jr is interesting....he says his ex-wife Linda Purl has done her act at the theatre he and his wife Amy own in Boulder, Colorado.

Lucy certainly is bossy on the set....and she yells "Cut" herself when she is unhappy with the way things are going.

Gee, Lucy = bossy.  Who could imagine that!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »

DR ELMORE the Dream O Matic 6000 says that these dreams occur because you are unhappy with your current work situation.

I love THE FULLER BRUSH GIRL....I bought the DVD as well!!

Jack, I keep meaning to ask you.  Do you like the movie vesion of MAME?  I remember the first time I saw it and they showed a close up of Lucy; I thought I was getting cataracts.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »

I tried clearing the cache, etc. but yep, it's last week's Peter column

Northing worse than an old Peter column.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »

I tried clearing the cache, etc. but yep, it's last week's Peter column

Northing worse than an old Peter column.

Speaking from experience?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »

Well, back to real life. :)  I guess my fifth teen minutes of fame are over--but it was fun while it lasted!

Oh I doubt that, Danise.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »

Well, back to real life. :)  I guess my fifth teen minutes of fame are over--but it was fun while it lasted!

DR Danise, you must behave like other 15-minute celebrities and extend that time. You'll be a local celebrity for the rest of your life, and you've always been a celebrity here. Enjoy it.

I am surprised that one of your local stations didn't pick up on your appearance wiith Anderson.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »

Do you think I could get a reality show?  LOL!  Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Possibly!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »

There's a great shot of Andy Taylor dancing with his cello here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTC9rwnoB4I&feature=related

I will have to track down my PRODUCERS Playbill signed by Andy Taylor and Brad Oscar in Boston.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2012, 02:55:45 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  I've been at the book sale site since 10am, delivering 5 boxes and a bag of books and sorting and pricing mysteries (Grisham, anyone?).  There's a great quantity and selection of used books that we'll be selling March 15-18.

I'm afraid I will have to miss the sale this year.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »

Here's the tv commercial:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyq9v9PXxkc&feature=relmfu

OH !!! ONCE!!!! I loved that movie. In all the posts I've read it wasn't until I saw the commercial that I realized what you're talking about. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »

Just came across a recipe that could possibly be worse than haggis. It's for vegetarian haggis.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetarian-Haggis/Detail.aspx?prop31=10

Except for the hazelnuts this has got to be better than the original, which I have never tasted.
I forgot your hazelnut aversion. It's the kidney beans, or more specifically, the spackle texture of kidney beans, that really makes this horrifying to me.

I love kidney beans!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »

Indiana was hit hard by tornadoes, has anyone heard from JRand?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »

The new 4 part mini series TITANIC made in Britain by ITV and filmed in Budapest airs this month in the UK. It's also due to be shown on ABC. Apparently each episode tells the story through a different viewpoint - so we see the ship hitting the iceburg and sinking four times.    

Is one of the viewpoints the iceberg's?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »

I believe Jack was at work today.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2012, 03:18:52 PM »

I believe Jack was at work today.

I saw some of the damage on the news this evening. I hope he's okay.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2012, 03:21:52 PM »

Here's the tv commercial:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyq9v9PXxkc&feature=relmfu

OH !!! ONCE!!!! I loved that movie. In all the posts I've read it wasn't until I saw the commercial that I realized what you're talking about. 

I loved the film and the stage show is an interesting revision of it in adapting it to the stage. It's much more about yearning and unrequited passion, quite heartbreaking. I got all teary watching the clips this morning. Charlotte will be embarrassed sitting next to this blubbering fool.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »

One ONCE more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up