Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 19  (Read 13664 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 19
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »

I may be misremembering, but I dimly recall the show being revised somewhere, maybe with the title shortened to just Grand Street.

It was reconstructed and presented in 2003

Prince of Grand Street

Ah!  Thank you, DR Ben!

"...reconstructed the show via audio tapes of the Boston production..." There may be hope!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 11:52:54 AM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 12:23:22 PM »

Topic of the Day:

Most of the score to Carnival!  I played Jacquot in a local production about 15 years ago.  It was quite fun!  I even got to play "Love Makes the World Go 'Round" on an accordion at the opening of the show. :D

Otherwise:

Beauty That Drive a Man Mad (the version from the London cast recording of Some Like It Hot)
Don't Rain on My Parade
Elegance
I'd Rather Be Blue over You (Than Be Happy With Somebody Else)
Mambo Italiano
The Music That Makes Me Dance
Penniless Bums (especially the version by BK and the WSMA!)
People

That's all I can remember.  I have Breakfast at Tiffany's and Prettybelle (and I'm pretty sure New Girl in Town), but haven't listened to them in years.

DR George, "I'd Rather Be Blue" is not by Merrill; it's a real 1920s song. Fanny Brice recorded it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:25:17 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »

Topic of the Day:

Most of the score to Carnival!  I played Jacquot in a local production about 15 years ago.  It was quite fun!  I even got to play "Love Makes the World Go 'Round" on an accordion at the opening of the show. :D

Otherwise:

Beauty That Drive a Man Mad (the version from the London cast recording of Some Like It Hot)
Don't Rain on My Parade
Elegance
I'd Rather Be Blue over You (Than Be Happy With Somebody Else)
Mambo Italiano
The Music That Makes Me Dance
Penniless Bums (especially the version by BK and the WSMA!)
People

That's all I can remember.  I have Breakfast at Tiffany's and Prettybelle (and I'm pretty sure New Girl in Town), but haven't listened to them in years.

DR George, "I'd Rather Be Blue" is not by Merrill; it's a real 1920s song. Fanny Brice recorded it.

I didn't know that. ::) I went to castalbums.org, searched Bob Merrill and clicked on "Songs (203) and just looked at that list.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »

It's KMA kinda day, with the M being Monday and me unfortunately in the kisser's spot.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:57 PM »

It's KMA kinda day, with the M being Monday and me unfortunately in the kisser's spot.

~~~Vibes!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »

I've just had the most needless and inane volley of e-mails regarding the cover proof - I am very proud of myself that at no point did I lose my calm or get angry.  The worst thing I wrote was, "I think this is getting needlessly obtuse."  They sent me a cover proof - all fine except the spine, which looked like the book would hold about thirty pages.  I was told it was just temporary until the galley is finished and they have a page count.  I told them they HAVE a page count - it cannot change, galley or not.  That went back and forth for a while.  Also, Grant felt they'd moved the cover image a little to the left so we sent them that note - it's absolutely correct in the files he sent.  But why they'd send me a cover proof to approve that I have no way of approving until the spine is right, is anyone's guess.  Then they said if we wanted the image corrected Grant would have to send a new file - I asked why since it's correct in the file they sent - that's when I wrote the obtuse line.  So, I feel the last two hours have been slightly Kafka-esque.  All seems to be well now and hopefully the galley will be correct on the first try.  They can only screw up the copyright page, which they invariably do, but I made such a deal about it this time, I'm hoping they do what we like.

John G.

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 01:12:28 PM »

Sounds like another example of KMA.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »

Certainly is a KMA sorta day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »

I haven't eaten yet, so it may be time to go have a bite and then hopefully pick up some packages.  I've been making a preliminary list of Merrill songs we might do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 01:41:52 PM »

Proof vibes for MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »

For JR and TCB:

Los Angeles, CA (March 5, 2012) – Coinciding with the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the famous passenger liner, TITANIC, the 1953 Academy Award® Winner for Best Writing, Story and Screenplay, bursts onto Blu-ray for the first time April 3rd from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. The influential film features a stellar cast including Golden Globe® winner and Academy Award® nominee Clifton Webb (Stars and Stripes Forever), Academy Award® and Emmy® winner Barbara Stanwyck (Double Indemnity) and Audrey Dalton (Separate Tables). Showcasing a fully re-mastered version of the film, as well as incredible special features including commentary from the cast and crew, TITANIC on Blu-ray is a must-have for any classic film enthusiast and history buff.

Determined to leave the superficial, high-society world in which her husband Richard (Clifton Webb) is engrossed, Julia Sturges (Barbara Stanwyck) boards the R.M.S. Titanic in England to travel to America, along with her two children. Hoping to reconcile with his family, Richard purchases a steerage ticket aboard the ship, unaware of the fateful events that loom ahead.

Prebook is March 7th.

TITANIC Blu-ray Special Features:
●   Commentary by Film Critic Richard Schickel
●   Commentary by Cinematographer Michael D. Lonzo, Actors Audrey Dalton and Robert Wagner, and Historian Sylvia Stoddard
●   MovieTone News
    ○   “Titanic” Premiere Thrills South
    ○   CinemaScope and “The Robe” Win Oscars
●   Titanic Aftermath: Audio Essay by Silvia Stoddard
●   Theatrical Trailer
●   Still Gallery
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »

TOD:

I don't know from Bob Merrill

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »

Today is an ESAD day for me.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 03:00:16 PM »

Academy Award® and Emmy® winner Barbara Stanwyck (Double Indemnity)

4-time Oscar Nominee and winner of a Special Oscar in 1982 "For superlative creativity and unique contribution to the art of screen acting."

And three-time Emmy Winner (Thorn Birds, Big Country and Barbara Stanwyck Show).

One of my all-time favorite actresses.  And this movie is one of my favorites, as well.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »

Is it the same commentary from the DVD release.  Silivia Stoddard the Titanic "expert" was of the opinion that Bruce J Ismay's name was not used in the 1953 movie because he was still alive.  Maybe she hadn't gotten the news that Ismay kicked the bucket in 1937.

The commentary by Lonzo may be new.....but the Dalton/Wagner comments are dropped in at random and they never interact, so they must have been recorded at separate times.  Stoddard is talking to someone....it might be Schickel.

I am happy with my DVD until someone tells me the Blu Ray is a must have.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2012, 03:35:22 PM »

Back from a much-needed trip to the grocery.  Between my low fat/low sodium diet and Richard's low carb diet, we're like Jack Sprat and his wife and I've become a real perimeter shopper.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »

Back from a salad and a bagel.  Picked up one package, the Blu and Ray of To Catch a Thief, which I'll watch this very evening.

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »

I have no fancy Blue Rays to watch, but with any luck I will have a DVDr of 1957s LURE OF THE SWAMP in the mail this week.

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2012, 03:51:55 PM »

They just don't make movies like this anymore.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2012, 03:57:15 PM »

Has the word "hell" been blacked out, perhaps?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »

Met one of my nephews and family for lunch near the Olympic Games site. They came to see one of the Olympic swimming test events.

That sounds kind of interesting.  Did you enjoy it or just meet them for lunch?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:01:26 PM by Jane »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2012, 04:35:16 PM »

Good morning, all! Another night of bizarre dreams: in one I was trying to keep my 10 year-old brother Rand and the Snelling boys in line at a huge movie theatre, in another I was dealing with an outdoor NYPL card caralogue looking up MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG scores for Joshie, in another I was lost on a bus.

In about an hour I will walk down to 54th Street for this morning's band rehearsal of PIPE DREAM. I don't know if I will stay for the afternoon session, but I am looking forward to hearing the score and seeing everyone. I am waiting for another score from DEAREST ENEMY; it's been three days now, but it's the longest damned number in the score and I'm sure it's got problems.

BK, I'm happy last night's show went so well.

DR Danise, have a good day!

You got lost on a bus?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »

Been looking at covers for our next release, so that's taken up most of the afternoon - just making adjustments and stuff.  This is for our first Twentieth Century Fox title - we hope there will be lots more.

George

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:14 PM »

Been looking at covers for our next release, so that's taken up most of the afternoon - just making adjustments and stuff.  This is for our first Twentieth Century Fox title - we hope there will be lots more.

Any hints?? :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:20 PM »

I guess I was the only one having a KMA day yesterday.

You can't have a KMA day on a Sunday!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2012, 04:56:53 PM »

Good morning, all! Another night of bizarre dreams: in one I was trying to keep my 10 year-old brother Rand and the Snelling boys in line at a huge movie theatre, in another I was dealing with an outdoor NYPL card caralogue looking up MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG scores for Joshie, in another I was lost on a bus.

In about an hour I will walk down to 54th Street for this morning's band rehearsal of PIPE DREAM. I don't know if I will stay for the afternoon session, but I am looking forward to hearing the score and seeing everyone. I am waiting for another score from DEAREST ENEMY; it's been three days now, but it's the longest damned number in the score and I'm sure it's got problems.

BK, I'm happy last night's show went so well.

DR Danise, have a good day!

You got lost on a bus?

I didn't know where I was. That's lost, I do believe. Next question?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 05:18:26 PM »

Oh, there's someone I would very much like to have KMA, but I must keep it between my A and this person.  ;)

Why Jeffrey, I never knew you cared!
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »

Does anybody who has a kindle have this FREE game called Every Word. It is my absolute favorite game:
http://www.amazon.com/Every-Word/dp/B003P37FW0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1330996728&sr=1-1

John G.

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2012, 05:27:31 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up