Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FUN DAY  (Read 9275 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE FUN DAY
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »

Page six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2012, 07:55:15 PM »

Is Dee Snyder the guy currently on CELEBRITY APPRENTICE?

Yes

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2012, 08:03:01 PM »

Happy to find that Jose and some friends will be coming tonight.  Continually baffled by the absence of elmore, but that's just me.  I think everyone here knows how busy I get, but you know what - despite having written a 530 page manuscript in three weeks while also issuing two CDs, writing their liner notes, and doing a Kritzerland show, if I needed to have a meal with a friend I always found the hour to do so.   I'd think an hour off to dine or see a singer would be a nice little break, because nice little breaks are necessary.  Surprised Ben hasn't even responded to the invite for tonight.  It's an early show (7) it's free, and it's fun.  Well, at least we'll have Jose and company and dear reader Iris.  I miss everyone else but apparently they don't miss me - and now, I shall go eat some worms.

Elmore is way too busy and stressed!
It would help a lot more if I got a "see you next visit and good luck" instad of this. BK.

Well, one could conversely say that since I'm here so very infrequently and since I've known you for almost twenty years, that you might have picked up the phone to say at least a hello.  Listen, we all do things differently - I, for example, would make the time, take the hour.  You are too stressed to do so.  I suppose that no matter how crazed and stressed I get (and again, I think you know from reading the notes here, just HOW busy my days and weeks and months are), I will always make the time if someone is visiting.  I didn't really have time to go have lunch with Jrand's friend but I did.  But you know all this.  I just like you and others and the fact that I rarely see you on these trips just gets to me after a while.  I shouldn't worry about it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2012, 08:08:56 PM »

The show went as well as it could go.  We have lots of performance work to do, but the structure and song selection are fine.  When she has the patter down to what she's supposed to actually say and when she's more comfy with the overall show, she'll be able to start being herself more - right now, there's too much "acting" and hammering the songs home - we just need to adjust to the space.  But some stuff worked really well, and a few of the little bits we added are really cute.  Nice to see Jose again and his friend Brandon.  More in the notes.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2012, 08:09:54 PM »

I hope the singer had a successful show - I am looking forward to hearing about it
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »

I guess I was typing while BK was posting

John G.

« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »

Glad to hear the show is progressing well.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2012, 08:24:04 PM »

th e sprimng ahead is wreaking havoc I cannot keep my eys open

goodnight

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2012, 09:02:25 PM »

Well, bed time for me - sorry I missed those I missed - I really do miss those I miss.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up