Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: COMING HOME  (Read 13449 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re: COMING HOME
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2012, 08:08:35 PM »

DR Doug R - daffodils are some of my favorite flowers!

"Come, Come Matron, surely you've seen a temperature taken like this before?"

"Yes, Colonel. But never with a daffodil!"

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Michael

« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2012, 08:10:20 PM »

der Brucer

CARRY ON NURSE.

Was that with Joan Sims and Hattie Jacques

Wifred Hyde-White had the daffodill
Never stop dreaming.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »

I often walk and talk at the same time...

And have the injuries to prove it!

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »

DR Cillaliz, yes the Border Patrol agents are my least favorites....very egotistical, even though they did do a nice gesture for the Alabama guys on the last episode.

Yeah, I liked the gesture, too, but I refuse to like them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »

TOD:.   When I get really busy at work and things get totally stressful I tend to shut down and not do anything outside of the office.  I do have a bad habit of worrying about a big project and letting the little things pile up until I'm crazed and can't get anything done.  The only way I can get back into the swing is to take the time to do all the little things that are bugging me and just get them done, then when everything is cleared away I tackle the big project. While I'm getting things back on track I cancel all my plans and am either working or home relaxing.  Without all the distractions I get it done much more quickly.  That being said, if someone were to come to Sioux City to visit, I'd make time for lunch or dinner, if possible. There have been times when people have come to town and I just couldn't take the time to get together.  It happens.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »

On the other hand, there have been times when I've visited places and was disappointed when my friends couldn't get together with me. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »

Just finished watching "The Guard" with Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle. What a lot of fun. Profane. But fun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2012, 08:31:50 PM »

A few bluebonnets.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »

I went to Blue Man Group.  It was a very last minute decision.  It was good. I'm glad I went but don't think I'll ever go again.

John G.

« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »

And a few rather pretty yellow flowers.

The wildflowers are just starting and I think the season will be long and lush. So, there will likely be more in the future.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »

I went to Blue Man Group.  It was a very last minute decision.  It was good. I'm glad I went but don't think I'll ever go again.
That was sort of how I felt.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »

Nice flowers!   Daffodils are my favorites.  They truly are a first sign of spring.  I should look to see if mine are coming up.  It was 81 degrees here today and looks like mid to upper 70s all week.  I still have the windows open and it feels grand

Ginny

« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »

der Brucer

CARRY ON NURSE.

Was that with Joan Sims and Hattie Jacques

Wifred Hyde-White had the daffodill

I have no idea what this is all about...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »

Me either Ginny

Ginny

« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2012, 08:40:42 PM »

I saw your Tweet, DR Danise, and I'm following you - welcome to the Twitterverse!

I have to say, I really detest twitter; i get a millions pieces of that crap every day from no one i know, and i see absolutely no value in it.

DR Elmore, your Twitter feed should only be showing tweets from people you follow or things that they've retweeted.  Do you mean you're getting lots of emails?  You can modify your settings so you won't get an email every time someone posts.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »

bedtime  good night all
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »

'night!

John G.

« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

DERBRUCER

« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2012, 08:59:20 PM »

[I have no idea what this is all about...

CARRY ON NURSE

Synopsis

The men on the surgical ward at Haven Hospital create their own brand of havoc when, after teasing the nurses all day, they decide to help a fellow patient by performing a midnight operation on him themselves.

Carry On Nurse takes the comedic target of hospital life with its strict nurses, snobbish doctors and bullied patients and takes in to a new level of comedy by focusing more on the lives of the patients and nurses. Its phenomenal success in the UK and the US made a third Carry On inevitable.

Among the patients are Bernie Bishop (Kenneth Connor), a boxer with a broken fist, Mr Hinton (Charles Hawtrey), who conducts symphonies from his radio headphones. Percy Hickson (Bill Owen), whose broken leg gets hoisted on pulleys and whose wife (Irene Handl) gets upset filling in forms. Jack Bell (Leslie Phillips) is stopped from a romantic weekend by a bunion on his foot and it is to aid him that his fellows volunteer to operate, led by Oliver Reckitt (Kenneth Williams). Oliver is a bookish student who reads in a medical book how the operation should be done. He is also the only one who will stand up to the formidable matron (Hattie Jacques) who terrifies all around her including her nurses. Nurse Dawson (Joan Sims) particularly seems unable to do anything right when Matron is around but Nurse Denton (Shirley Eaton), who provides the romantic interest along with Terence Longden, tries to help the disaster-prone trainee as much as she can. They also have to cope with the Colonel (Wilfred Hyde-White), a private patient in a side ward, who tears them ragged with his buzzer and his constant gambling requests.

They do, however, get their own back on him in the last scene of the film when they get him to lie face down in order to have his temperature taken. When Matron comes in and finds him in this position he says, "Surely you've seen a temperature taken like this before?" To which she replies, in what must be one of the funniest moments of any of the carry ons, "Yes, Colonel, but never with a daffodil!" This joke is then followed up in Carry On Doctor, when a nurse holds up a flower to Frankie Howerd and he says "Oh no you don't, I saw that film," to which the nurse replies that she just wanted him to smell it.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »

Thanks Der B

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »

I think I'll take a long, hot shower, finish the notes, post them early and get some shut-eye.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2012, 09:14:50 PM »

Thanks Der B

First came Carry On Sergeant , then Carry On Nurse, then Carry On Doctor...and many more.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »

Glad your travels went well BK

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2012, 10:05:02 PM »

I scored a biggie on eBay - I found a signed copy of Sondheim and Company - I realized somehow the book had gone missing and I wanted it.  The seller only showed a portion of the signature - just "without whom" and "Steve."  The "without whom" is what piqued my interest, so I bought it.  Well, the names above "without whom" are "To Ruth and Flossie" - Ruth being producer and Hal Prince associate Ruth Mitchell (who worked on most of the Prince/Sondheim shows) and Flossie is her partner and costume designer Florence Klotz - so quite the association copy and quite worth about ten times what I paid for it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up