Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TOOTH AND NAIL  (Read 15790 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: TOOTH AND NAIL
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 11:13:45 AM »

That's the way I always get to your page DR JMK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »

I slept another two hours and am now up.  I may or may not go have some more chicken soup in thirty minutes.

Ben

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »

Having bangers and mash today.

We had great Bangers and Mash at

Benjys in Earl Court

when we were last in London. It's been too long, it was 2003!!! I miss my London and my Dublin!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »

Benjys in Earl Court

when we were last in London. It's been too long, it was 2003!!! I miss my London and my Dublin!

Twiggy lives in Earl's Court.

It looks like I am going back to Dublin for auditions the first and second of May.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »

TOD2:

I forgot one:

Pride and Prejudice.

the film is an insult to Jane Austen!
So? It's a fun movie on its own weird terms. I don't enjoy it as a reflection of the book. I enjoy it because of the actors, the pacing and the silliness of it all.

The cast is an insult to Jane Austen! I really can't stand Greer Garson and poor Edna Mae Oliver would have been a good Lady Catherine if they'd kept her as a villain.

This is the only movie in which I can stand Greer Garson. And I much prefer the comic Edna Mae to the ninja interpretation in the "... and Zombies" version, soon to be a theaters near you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »

Benjys in Earl Court

OK, I'm hungry now.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »

I just learned that Rick Santorum is coming to my place of work. Maybe it's all a dream.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »

TOD:

I don't like or dislike Mr. L. O., and I have no favorite performance(s) to report.

Ditto. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 12:03:42 PM »

I just learned that Rick Santorum is coming to my place of work. Maybe it's all a dream.

Kill him. He's too stupid to live.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »

Kill him. He's too stupid to live.
I'd rather live my life outside the confines of an institution, prison or electric chair.
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »

Benjys in Earl Court

OK, I'm hungry now.

I've also had very good Bangers and Mash at

Tea and Sympathy

in the Village. It's a place run by British ex-pats. They have a store next door as well and I get our Christmas pudding and our crackers there.

Another Brit ex-pat store is

Myers of Keswick.

They have great Scotch eggs and all sorts of British candy bars.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »

I received Miss Jane Russell and a Man and a Woman in the mail today!

A threesome? 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2012, 12:24:36 PM »

TOD2:

I forgot one:

Pride and Prejudice.

the film is an insult to Jane Austen!
So? It's a fun movie on its own weird terms. I don't enjoy it as a reflection of the book. I enjoy it because of the actors, the pacing and the silliness of it all.

I agree.  I prefer Colin Firth's "Mr. Darcy", and that version of the novel....but the MGM film is a delight on its own terms.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »

Thanks for the vibes, I'm back not really much worse for the wear.  Part of my anxiety is I've only had one "real" cavity in my whole life (I have a couple of other fillings from my adolescence caused by my braces, believe it or not).  I found out today the issue is age, not lack of dental hygiene, which I find incredible considering my extreme youth.  :)  But today's filling (for age related root decay) was easy.  The bad news is my dentist thinks I should have two teeth pulled by an oral surgeon, again due to age related root decay.  I asked him if I waited long enough if they would just fall out, and he stared at me, agog.  ;)

I want a second opinion, Jeffrey.   Of all the dental ills I have endured (including an abscessed tooth that had, less than 6 months earlier, been crowned...badly, as it turns out), I have never had anyone mention "age-related root decay."  That's not to say I think something like that is unlikely...I'm just saying I spent my teenage years in a dentist's chair...being treated with minimal anesthesia.  I used to squeeze dents into the arms of the chairs with my hands to tolerate the pain of drills against raw nerves.  My dentist told my mom I was a difficult patient and that I was properly anesthetized.

I was in the Navy when I learned that I wasn't supposed to feel pain.  And if I did feel pain, then "normal" application of anesthesia was not sufficient.

Big revelation.

Anyway, I've had a laser treatment (LANAP procedure) done on my whole mouth...followed up with some sort of injections into my gums.  Had a DNA test done and discovered I have a rare bacteria in my mouth that affects gums.  The injections rid my gums and roots of the bacteria, and the toothpaste (gel) I now use (kind of pricy at $15 a tube) keeps it all in check.  My teeth are probably healthier today than they've been since I was a kid (the military dentists did nothing but fill, refill and re-re-fill teeth that should been crowned).

ALL OF THAT SAID...it seems odd that I've never had anyone mention "age-related root decay."  It seems like something that would be right up my alley.  Unless, of course, you're "considerably" older than I.

:D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:36:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »

I've finished proofing the three numbers for Joshie, and it's time for a nap.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2012, 12:37:43 PM »

Sweet slumber, Larry.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2012, 12:40:26 PM »

And is DR Mike actually DR Michael Shayne?

Everytime I see DR Mike, I think it is me...so don't get us mixed up.

That appears to be the case.  There is no longer a "Michael Shayne" in the member listings....but "Mike" has over 9,000 posts.  I think Mr. Shayne did a name change.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »

BK:  I, too, am on the cusp of something or other.  The way I have felt all morning is the feeling I get when I am about to be seriously nauseated...sort of clammy/sweaty feeing.  It hasn't culminated in anything definitive.

Doug R

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »

Benjys in Earl Court

Unfortunately one of the reviews on that link says Benjy's closed down last August.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »

And is DR Mike actually DR Michael Shayne?

Everytime I see DR Mike, I think it is me...so don't get us mixed up.

That appears to be the case.  There is no longer a "Michael Shayne" in the member listings....but "Mike" has over 9,000 posts.  I think Mr. Shayne did a name change.

He probably thought we were all bright enough to figure it out. But with no picture it makes it very difficult if someone changes their name, especially without mentioning it!

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »

I don't think I have seen a Jack Ging movie.

He was in a ton of tv shows during the 50 and 60s, also.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »

Back from having some chicken soup.  Booklets have been sent for approval and I'm all caught up for once.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »

Shayne has done a name change about five times, I think.

Ben

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »

Benjys in Earl Court

Unfortunately one of the reviews on that link says Benjy's closed down last August.

I didn't read the reviews. That's too bad. Oh, well. It's not like we can't get Bangers and Mash the next time we're in London.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »

I asked him if I waited long enough if they would just fall out, and he stared at me, agog.  ;)

;D

How old is your dentist?  You might want a second opinion on the possibility of saving those teeth.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:00:19 PM by Jane »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2012, 02:46:03 PM »

I like the mash part.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2012, 02:46:39 PM »

Page three?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »

Picked up only one package, which seems odd to me.  But UPS hadn't been there, so maybe that's why.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »

Watching "Chinatown" on the reference in Murder at the Hollywood Historical Society.  Quite a good film
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up