Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PAPERBACK SHOW  (Read 15001 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE PAPERBACK SHOW
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »

guess what Vixdad is watching on the teevee machine
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2012, 01:55:36 PM »

If I were to be in NY from May 24 through the 26th (leaving on the 27th)  would I get to see any DR's?

Which brings me back to a question I asked & didn't receive a response to, which plays to you recommend?

I would do my best to get in to  the City to see you - I do not have my schedule near me so I am not sure what  (if any) commitments I might have

As far as plays recommendations go,  I will leave that up to DRs better informed than I's to respond; although I suspect  DR Elmore's response will be ONCE

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 01:57:39 PM »

If I were to be in NY from May 24 through the 26th (leaving on the 27th)  would I get to see any DR's?

Which brings me back to a question I asked & didn't receive a response to, which plays to you recommend?

If you get there early enough on the 24th and Richard and I take a later train to Washington - YES!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »

guess what Vixdad is watching on the teevee machine

Basketball?

Oh, Young Frankenstein, one of my favorite movies!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:02:15 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »

The Vixter and I went to see The Hunger Games  after church today -  we both loved it - the Vixter rated it an 11 out of 10 - I am disinclined to contradict her

I recommend tissues - at one point I was actually sobbing - emotionally  draining and totally satisfying movie experience 
The minister included a reference to it in his sermon today. Actually, he did more than that. He used a plot synopsis as his opening anecdote.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »

I would do my best to get in to  the City to see you - I do not have my schedule near me so I am not sure what  (if any) commitments I might have

As far as plays recommendations go,  I will leave that up to DRs better informed than I's to respond; although I suspect  DR Elmore's response will be ONCE

But not for Jane.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2012, 02:00:35 PM »

Got about seven pages done on my paper but not in any sort of order. i can't focus for great stretches. I don't like that.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »

The Vixter and I went to see The Hunger Games  after church today -  we both loved it - the Vixter rated it an 11 out of 10 - I am disinclined to contradict her

I recommend tissues - at one point I was actually sobbing - emotionally  draining and totally satisfying movie experience 
The minister included a reference to it in his sermon today. Actually, he did more than that. He used a plot synopsis as his opening anecdote.

Did he start with a SPOILER ALERT?

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2012, 02:07:05 PM »

LOL! Now I want to read his sermon!

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »

I truly Laughed out loud Ginny!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »

That goes without saying.  I should have said what, besides ONCE.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »

If you get there early enough on the 24th and Richard and I take a later train to Washington - YES!

If you were going to DC on the 27th I would try to go with you.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »

I have never walked through Central Park.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »

But not for Jane.

Keith's aunt & cousin will be in NY & they definitely want to see ONCE.  I would be staying with them, at least I think that is the plan.  I must confirm before I decide. 

Jane

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2012, 02:10:40 PM »

I truly Laughed out loud Ginny!!

:)

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2012, 02:17:42 PM »

Well, I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:19:28 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2012, 02:23:11 PM »

Perhaps this may be of interest to you

http://www.centralparknyc.org/visit/tours/guided-tours/

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2012, 02:40:22 PM »

If we waited until the 27th, we'd miss DR Jose's MUSIC MAN - our tickets are for the 25th!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »

Perhaps this may be of interest to you

http://www.centralparknyc.org/visit/tours/guided-tours/

I had no idea there is a castle in Central Park.

Thanks for the link.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »

If we waited until the 27th, we'd miss DR Jose's MUSIC MAN - our tickets are for the 25th!

:)

If I go my plan was to fly out on the 24th but I shall try to go on the 23rd.  Leaving on the 27th gives me 4 days to fill in before going to Chicago.  I really don't want to be away that long & one of my two good friends outside Philly might not be there. :(

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »

Hello, everyone.

It is another rainy Sunday in LA, but fine with me. We need the rain and I'm happy to stay in and relax.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »

TCB, I was very pleased to hear that you were granted Social Security Disability. I hope it provides some of the help that you need. Do the doctors have any idea when the heart attack occurred?

VIBES FOR SMOOTH SAILING AND NO MORE DELAYS!!

Jane

« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2012, 02:53:33 PM »

DR Dan (theMan) if I take the train from NY to Philly, before continuing on to my friend's house, maybe we can meet in person.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »

Glad the LACC memorial went well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »

All the things I was going to mention have left me.  :(

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2012, 02:58:11 PM »

Travel vibes to DR DOUG! Have a great trip!

All-around vibes to all!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

Oh, yes. Mercury retrograde has been quite abundant in my life these days. (Communication includes memory, right?) My cell phone, which NEVER gives me any trouble, began ailing. Not wanting to change phones and stumble through the usual learning curve (I'm a real klutz with cell phones, anyway), I was glad to find a few models just like mine on eBay, and bought one of them. AT&T told me they'd warranty the new phone, even though I didn't buy it from them. We'll see if they actually do so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »

Back from a surprisingly fun day.  The paperback fair was filled - I sold a book (unusual), someone brought a copy of Writer's Block for me to sign, and I sat next to an author who seems to have known me, although I had no memory of him - I suspect he was maybe remembering Joel Kimmel, the actor and writer.  But he knew Nudie and we had fun.  His name is David Gerrold and I gather he's quite the Star Trek guy - he wrote the classic episode The Trouble With Tribbles and others.   Grant Geissman was there so after I finished with the signing part we hung out.  I saw several dealer friends and I made a little trade and am now the proud owner of a first edition that's eluded me for decades - Lolita - the original two-volume paperback from Olympia.  This is one of the hardest sets to find in any kind of decent condition and I'd have to say these copies of volume one and two are pretty terrific and probably worth double the trade I did.  So, yay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »

Then Grant and his friend and I went to a jernt that someone recommended, just north of where we were - The Bear Pit barbecue.  Really fantastic food.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »

It has been pouring rain all day (glad I washed the motor car yesterday!) and for the last hour or so it's REALLY been coming down.  But I'm in for the rest of the day and evening, the heat's on, and I feel full but nice and toasty.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up