Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FATHER'S DAY  (Read 18183 times)

Michael

Re:FATHER'S DAY
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2004, 09:23:37 AM »

Why does that guy look like he has a gallon of baby oil on him and who is he?
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2004, 09:27:25 AM »

Hmmm... Are we in Wide-Screen?  Well, maybe just "Enhanced".  -Like the guy in td's post... :X
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2004, 09:28:43 AM »

Well, now that we're on Page 3, we're back to normal... "Normal" for HHW-land. :D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2004, 09:47:16 AM »

I fixed the wide screen on page two.

Shayne: I've told the Elsa L. story before - if you can't find it, I'll be happy to tell it again on Ask BK Day.

Slept very well on my Eclair Pillows.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2004, 09:50:23 AM »

Most musicals aren't recorded live because if the actor is doing anything strenuous, the sound is not going to be the best it can be. Fine to record live if all you're doing is standing there, but, for example, there is no way Julie Andrews could have sung live doing the acrobatics during "The Saga of Jenny" in STAR!

And if you have some non-singers like Burt Reynolds in AT LONG LAST LOVE, we get all the bad notes that might have been bettered in the studio with retakes.

Thank goodness most of the movie musicals of the GOlden Age weren't recorded live.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2004, 09:56:17 AM »

OK - I'm heading out into the glorious weather... We shall see where my feet lead me.

Laters.
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2004, 10:16:13 AM »

This one's for Panni and tomovoz:
“What?” she says, “The Koala Tea of Mercy is not strained.”

May I break a HHW Rule? .....GROANNNNNN!

Panni

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2004, 10:21:24 AM »

Father's Day weather report from Studio City: Overcast but NOT drizzling.

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2004, 10:22:13 AM »

the nakey beach was an interesting experience. It took us 3 hours to find it. It was located on Sauvie Island but Mark did not look up any directions prior to our leaving his house in Wilsonville. Well, I just presumed he knew where he was going! LOL! Sadly that wasn't the case and we drove around in circles trying to find Highway 30 (almost ended up in Vancouver) and then once we found Highway 30 we ended up going in the wrong direction! Finally we found a store with a Portland area map and we made our way to Sauvie Island. After driving the wrong direction on the island for about 40 minutes, turning around and going the other way, we found the beach....drove past the regular parts of the beach (with clothed people) and then found the clothing optional section of beach. There were TONS of cars! We then discovered that we needed to purchase a parking permit...which could only be purchased at stores near the bridge where you enter onto the island at! So we drove back the 15 miles to the nearest store...Mark bought the permit (a years permit...guess Mark is planning to return! LOL!)...so finally we arrive and....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 10:23:28 AM by MBarnum »

Panni

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2004, 10:24:27 AM »

td - I'm sending your koala groaner on to a friend whose father died very recently. So today is, I'm sure, difficult for him. He loves Shakespeare and I think this would give him a needed laugh.

Michael

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2004, 10:26:40 AM »

And what about the actors who were dubbed? I have heard Leslie Caron and Audrey Hepburn try to warble through Gigi and My Fair lady respectively. Rex Harrison did sing live in the film version of My Fair Lady.

It has been used before and is of course not a standard practise, but why make a big deal of it?
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2004, 10:34:54 AM »

Doris Day also recorded a bit of a song in THE PAJAMA GAME on the set.  

Everyone thinks he has re-invented something or is doing something new, but there is very little that is NEW or hasn't been done in Movie-making.

Happy Father's Day.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2004, 10:35:14 AM »

Okay...so you have the permit......

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2004, 10:38:24 AM »

Mbarnum, you can't leave us hanging like that!!!

It is a beautiful gorgeous day here in Tacoma.  I feel I really must get oustide at some point today.  As any Northwest person knows, it is a criminal offense around here to be inside on a gorgeous day.  They must be fully taken advantage of, come hell or high water, for who knows when we shall get one again.  
My only problem is that I'm still kinda sick...I had to take a rest after taking a shower and washing the dishes.  That was enough to put me back on the couch for a while.  But maybe being outside in the fresh air will do me good...

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

we tromp through the trail to the beach and...there are lots of nakey people! LOL! Of course there were a lot of people that were dressed as well...it was about 4pm by this time and so it wasn't as crowed as it might have been earlier in the day. Lots of shapes and sizes and ages of people. I must say I think it is wonderful that people feel comfortable to let it all hang out! Decided to find a nice place to put our chairs and relax...found a spot near these young 20-something guys (wearing proper swimwear) trying desperately to attract the affections of three cute 20-something lasses who were sunbathing...2 with swimsuits and one without...closer to the water there were some corpulent 50-something heterosexual couples chatting and drinking beer 2 on a boat anchored at shore and two on land or wading in the water...all naked as the day they were born. By the way as we all know there is good naked and there is bad naked...! LOL! The beach was 98 percent bad naked! At least by this time in the afternoon. Of course I don't mean this as a judgement call...I actally was very impressed that these people all felt comfortable enough to bare all and not care. But if you were to go to a nude beach just to gawk, you would be a bit disappointed. After awhile we got a bit bored in the section we were in and we treked further down the beach to the mostly gay male section. We plopped down where we had a nice view of several very nice boats anchored just off the beach. We watched as a hunky George Clooney look-a-like and his buddies drank maritinis on board one of the boats...! They were all had swim trunks on...so don't get the wrong idea! LOL! But dang this guy was gorgeous!

Eventually it got very cloudy and we even felt a few slight raindrops so we decided it was time to finish up our first nakey beach visit. By they way we ourselfs (Mark and I) didn't not get nakey. Taking our t-shirts off was as close as we go to baring it all! LOL! Which was fine as there were lots of people dressed.

As we walked back to the parking area we passed by a game of volleyball...of course, what would a nudist place be without a game of volleyball! LOL!

So would I go again. I suppose so...probably will...won't get naked though! But it is a nice beach. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there as opposed to any other beach, but if Mark and our buddies want to go I would go again. All in all it wasn't too big of a deal or a shock for me. After about 10 minutes I got used to the surroundings and wasn't uncomfortable or anything.

The end!

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2004, 10:44:55 AM »

By the way who woulda thunk there were two (2) nude beaches in the Portland area! Sauvie Island and Rooster Rock!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2004, 10:59:52 AM »

Rooster Rock...is that near Schoolhouse Rock?

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2004, 11:06:31 AM »

OH, forgot to mention that after the beach party Mark and I went up to Vancouver and had dinner with our friend Terry, then we went out and painted the town (Portland) red...thus my getting in at the un-goshly hour of "really late"!

I am exhausted and will now go and finish watching Godzilla Vs. The Thing which I watched half-way through on Friday. I image a nap will be in order as well.

Jason

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2004, 11:24:28 AM »

Pray for me: I'm about to go toe-to-toe with Senora Lavadora. God help me. I shouldn't wait this late to do my laundry--I know that! What am I thinking?

MBarnum: Sounds like you had fun yesterday. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Father's Day plans: I called my pa a few minutes ago and wished him a happy day. His birthday is July 4th weekend, so I'm going to combine his Father's Day and Birthday gifts and just take them with me to Louisville next week. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday. :-\ Any suggestions?

Anyway, I better go face the Lavadora and her slew of dryers. I'll talk to y'all later...

Panni

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2004, 11:36:40 AM »

I called my pa a few minutes ago and wished him a happy day. His birthday is July 4th weekend, so I'm going to combine his Father's Day and Birthday gifts and just take them with me to Louisville next week. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday. :-\ Any suggestions?

How about ordering the front page of a newspaper from the day of his birth? I ran across that on some site on the internet the other day and thought it would be a fun present.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2004, 12:17:13 PM »

I'm back from doing some errands.  Let's have more Pillow Talk.

Panni

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

Let me repeat from last night what I think would be a bk fave for pillows: Viktor Benes Parisian Cake Pillow. With perhaps another pillow that was eau de whipped cream.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 12:32:08 PM by Panni »

Jed

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2004, 12:37:59 PM »

Happy Father's Day to all the various and sundried, especially my very own cyber-father, TCB!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2004, 12:47:58 PM »

I liked eclair pillows....

but I think I would love banana cream pie pillows.

td

• td
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2004, 12:49:43 PM »

td - I'm sending your koala groaner on to a friend whose father died very recently. So today is, I'm sure, difficult for him. He loves Shakespeare and I think this would give him a needed laugh.

Oh, i think that will surely brighten up his day!
I've actually known that one since my own college days. . . the first mainstage show i did at Pitt was: THE MERCHANT OF VENICE.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2004, 12:51:38 PM »

By the way who woulda thunk there were two (2) nude beaches in the Portland area! Sauvie Island and Rooster Rock!

Does Rooster Rock have an unseemly nickname?   ;)

td

• td
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2004, 12:53:07 PM »

I'm wating for the Meatloaf pillow; it'll be paradise by the dashboard light.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2004, 01:04:08 PM »

I'm awake and coherent!  I was awake from about 7:30 a.m. on Friday until 9:30 p.m. Saturday, with only about three hours of sleep...and even then I slept only about a half-hour at a time.  I had a pedometer with me but I forgot to write down the steps per lap.  I started wearing it at 4:45 p.m. Friday, when we met to set up at the Relay-For-Life event.  I didn't take it off until about 6:30 p.m. when I got home.  The total number of steps that I took was 15,716!  I don't know how many miles that is, but I averaged six laps per half hour and over the course of the Relay, walked on the track four full hours, which is about 12 miles!  After they Relay was over, I went home, showered and met my family at a restaurant to celebrate my mom’s 62nd birthday...that's why I didn’t get to sleep until 9:30!

Anyway, a good time (and meal) was had by all.  I went right to bed and didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning and felt completely refreshed.  Now I'm up and about, listening to Donald's "June Bride" radio show and catching up on posts.  I will be going to my parents' house at about 3:00 p.m. to celebrate Father’s Day (I got my dad a DVD of "Miles Davis Live in Munich") as well as celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary (my mom only has 5 days left to work before she retires--she's an LPN at a local hospital--and she has to work on their anniversary).  I finally get to give them the $100+ bottle of 1995 Cuvee Dom Perignon champagne!  So it’s all happening today.  Now I'm going to catch up (or catsup) on all of the HHW posts!  Good to be back!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2004, 01:13:01 PM »

AND I didn't get sunburned!!  That was the best part!  I bought some spray on sunscreen (30 SPF--it was like spraying on hairspray, but not as sticky) and it works!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2004, 01:14:43 PM »

Great walk, DRGEORGE...congratulations!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up