Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE FOR THE STAGE  (Read 42857 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THREE FOR THE STAGE
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »

DR Ginny good luck with your dinner!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »

'night

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »

So glad to read the good news about DR TCB's surgery!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »

Here's the link so you can all read elmore's rather wonderful and touching review on amazon - perfectly done!

http://www.amazon.com/Album-Produced-By/product-reviews/1468560581/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1HD7YUYJ1G9H7

THat was really a nice review Larry.
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »

It's not a done deal, but it's possible that I might have a letter printed in this week's Entertainment Weekly.  I received an e-mail earlier today asking me to confirm the spelling of my name and to give them permission to print and edit the letter I sent (it was an e-mail actually)

I think DR Jrand also had a letter printed a while back.  Maybe he can give me some tips on how to handle the fame that will be coming my way...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »

BK

Is it possible to put the cut songs as bonus tracks with a notation that sound quality is less than optimal?
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »

Here's the link so you can all read elmore's rather wonderful and touching review on amazon - perfectly done!

http://www.amazon.com/Album-Produced-By/product-reviews/1468560581/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1HD7YUYJ1G9H7

THat was really a nice review Larry.

Five reviews in so far-- how do you people read so fast?!?
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2012, 07:29:20 PM »

Today I called a lady in Texas and when I  asked how she was today she replied "Groovier than a goat with gout" 

I have no idea what that mean s - but I like it
That's the way we'uns talk here in Texas. You don't know what we're sayin', but it sounds good. Unless it comes from the governor's mouth. Then it's just the painkillers.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »

DR Ginny good luck with your dinner!

It's kind of out of my hands, DR Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2012, 07:30:40 PM »

Oh--and thank you all for the vibes for Mom and me!  They are all very much appreciated!  You people are wonderful!
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

Well, three more people just invited themselves to Easter dinner. That makes 12.

Enjoy all of your company.
It's now up to 13. That means no formal table, no formal silverware, no setting out five wine glasses per person, no squeezing people in. People can sit where they want, drink out of what they want and just enjoy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2012, 07:43:44 PM »

Well, three more people just invited themselves to Easter dinner. That makes 12.

Enjoy all of your company.
It's now up to 13. That means no formal table, no formal silverware, no setting out five wine glasses per person, no squeezing people in. People can sit where they want, drink out of what they want and just enjoy.

LOL - that's the spirit!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »

We are watching BODY OF PROOF and as soon as it's over I'm going to bed - 'night!

Michael

« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2012, 07:46:26 PM »

I thought I share this

http://youtu.be/KgoapkOo4vg
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »

It's not a done deal, but it's possible that I might have a letter printed in this week's Entertainment Weekly.  I received an e-mail earlier today asking me to confirm the spelling of my name and to give them permission to print and edit the letter I sent (it was an e-mail actually)

I think DR Jrand also had a letter printed a while back.  Maybe he can give me some tips on how to handle the fame that will be coming my way...

I had a letter printed in BBC Music Magazine many years ago.  I "congratulated" them on unearthing a rare recording of Mahler's Concerto for Coughers and Throat Clearers in their free bonus CD that accompanied each issue.  (It was supposed to be the Adagio from the 10th IIRC).  They printed that part but edited out the part where I stated that a corporation with the BBC's resources really should be able to find less noisy live performances.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2012, 08:43:50 PM »

Just watched an episode of PERRY MASON. The episode title was Case of the Cowardly Lion.

It took place at a zoo and revolved around the kidnapping of a baby ape named Toto.

A direction sign behind one of the characters during a particular scene taking place at the zoo read, in this order:

Lions

Tigers

Bears

MBarnum

« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2012, 08:49:41 PM »

Today I called a lady in Texas and when I  asked how she was today she replied "Groovier than a goat with gout" 

I have no idea what that mean s - but I like it
That's the way we'uns talk here in Texas. You don't know what we're sayin', but it sounds good. Unless it comes from the governor's mouth. Then it's just the painkillers.

LOL!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2012, 10:31:35 PM »

Hello, everyone.

So glad to hear the news about TCB. Thank you, Jane. I hope we'll have more reports.

Vibes now for comfort and healing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2012, 10:32:06 PM »

Vibes to DR Dan the Man and his mum.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »

A very nice review, DR Elmore. I think you handled your own involvement with the book quite, quite well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »

We're having 11 and we'll be away Thursday-Sunday!  I'll make the green (Jello) eggs and get the table all ready before we leave and everyone else is bringing all the other food.  Rob and Mary Linda will pick up the ham and turkey that I ordered.  We should be home by 2pm on Sunday and our guests are due at 4.

Oh, dear. Let's hope it all goes smoothly.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »

Oh, DR John G, you wouldn't mind one or two more on Sunday, would you?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2012, 10:59:16 PM »

Well, it's time for me to leave work, go home and finish "Album Produced By," by Bruce Kimmel!  I'm less than a quarter of the way from the end and I really want to finish it!

Be back later!

I'm up to page 500 of an 800 page book I need to finish before the library takes it away from me.  If I don't have anymore library books to read by the time I finish this I can begin reading ALBUM PRODUCED BY.  :)

Well, I came home with the best intentions to finish it, but I watched last night's episode of "Castle" and am now watching tonight's episode of "Body of Proof." 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2012, 11:01:22 PM »

I'm going to watch the last episode of "Fringe" that I have, then I'll be all caught up with everything that was on my hi-def DVR.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2012, 11:01:55 PM »

And THEN I'll finish "Album Produced By." :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »

BK

Is it possible to put the cut songs as bonus tracks with a notation that sound quality is less than optimal?

Not sure why you're not understanding - when a mic shorts out or is OFF there is no salvaging the track, so no is the answer to your question.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »

Back from a somewhat frustrating mix - first we had to make the adjustments to last night's work.  Then the Bacharach show is so peculiar - I got the overture to Promises sounding halfway decent, but decided to come back to it at the end.  But the entire first act of this show is a complete but cut-down Promises, Promises.  So, not only do we have to mix each song (and there are, I don't know, eighteen of them), we then have to cut out all the narration and dialogue and that takes forever.  In fact, we're only up to Whoever You Are - and we're having to do a lot of fixing of pitch (can't do it all - no time for that) and it's just very slow going and more than a little irritating for the engineer.  So, we resume tomorrow night, but the plan of being finished with all three by then is done - we now have to work on Thursday night and them maybe even one other night, although WHAT that night is going to be is anyone's guess.  The Sondheim however is done and is going to the mastering guy tonight.

George

« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:35 AM »

Hope that it all goes more smoothly, BK. :)

George

« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2012, 12:26:30 AM »

"Fringe" has been watched.

George

« Reply #209 on: April 04, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »

And now, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up