Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR THE BIRDS  (Read 47719 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: FOR THE BIRDS
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »

I got this message from DR TCB on Facebook:
I am still waiting to go to rehab. Insurance company doesn't want to spend bucks on the old people. We shall see

:(

Jane

« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »

DR TCB isn't old.  I don't understand this.  He has to have PT after surgery.  Maybe it is the in hospital fee they don't want to pay.

REHAB INSURANCE VIBES FOR DR TCB!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »

I got this message from DR TCB on Facebook:
I am still waiting to go to rehab. Insurance company doesn't want to spend bucks on the old people. We shall see

Those bastards! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2012, 02:19:08 PM »

DR TCB isn't old.  I don't understand this.  He has to have PT after surgery.  Maybe it is the in hospital fee they don't want to pay.

REHAB INSURANCE VIBES FOR DR TCB!!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »

Health and insurance vibes for TCB.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2012, 02:24:28 PM »

Back from various and sundried things.  Had a chopped salad at Jerry's, then picked up three packages.  Got the final little notes for the ALW album, so that will get finished in about an hour this evening.  That's the news so far.  Did an event page for the upcoming book signing and sent out an eBlast. 

George

« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »

I just received four, count 'em FOUR CDs today!  Fortunately, I actually ordered them, so it's a good thing.  Anyway, I just received from Dresscircle.co.uk, the new Sweeney Todd with Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton,...

Well, I'm listening to Sweeney Todd right now and for the most part, I like Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton.  HOWEVER, they didn't include "Green Finch and Linnet Bird" and the guy playing Anthony is a breathy singer. :P

There's also a bit of whisper/talking...they are definitely performing for the microphones.  And like something else that BK mentioned, the singers are very far forward in the mix.  The "orchestra" is hard to hear at times.  It's very much like a Teeny Todd.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:26:21 PM by George »

Jane

« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »

I called & spoke to DR TCB.  He sounds really good.  At 5:00 today he will be transferred by cab-ambulance to a convalescent hospital.  It is close to his place so his friend who is watching DC Nicky can easily visit him.  He has heard very good things about this place.

He said to tell everyone he misses you and that while he can't post he can read so be careful what you say about him ;)

George

« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »

I called & spoke to DR TCB.  He sounds really good.  At 5:00 today he will be transferred by cab-ambulance to a convalescent hospital.  It is close to his place so his friend who is watching DC Nicky can easily visit him.  He has heard very good things about this place.

He said to tell everyone he misses you and that while he can't post he can read so be careful what you say about him ;)

That's great!  Thanks for the update, Jane!

Laura

« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »

Great news about TCB!

Glad you are doing well, TCB!

Jane

« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »

I forgot to mention, bit by bit DR TCB is improving.   Along with the improvement & return of sensations, this also includes pain.  I said I bet he was never so happy to feel pain. 

VIBES THE RETURNING PAIN IS TOLERABLE & LESSENS WITH TIME!!

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »

Well, the office is falling into place. Thamks for the vibes and keep 'em coming. i hope to have good news by the end of the week.

Good news - hope to see your new work space next month!

Vibes...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »

That's great!  Thanks for the update, Jane!

I was going to call tomorrow since he was moving today.  Without DR elmore's update I wouldn't have known to call.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »

DR TCB I wish you could open the video of the cat I posted yesterday.  I'll have to try to remember to send it to you once you are home.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »

I ended up trashing most of the papers in the drawer.  It is amazing how neat it is now.

Time to take Sherlock for a walk while Keith before Keith is done with the yard work for the day.

Laura

« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »

I should have asked you to send Keith here -- I just finished planting two shrubs. Digging in hard desert soil is no fun!

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »

A question for Danise and MBarnum:

Are you adjusting any better to your sleep masks?

I am doing well with my mask. My insurance covers a new mask every three months, so last week I checked out and bought this nasal pillow mask:

I haven't tried it out yet.

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2012, 02:52:28 PM »

DR Jane - thanks for calling DR TCB and reporting on your conversation.  I'm very pleased to hear the good progress reports.

DR TCB - my son, Paramedic Rob, does the kind of medical transport you will receive today for a company in Cincinnati.  Hope the move goes smoothly!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Trying to get Galligan on the phone so I can get this damn ALW thing done.  I have to do any fixes at seven then get this damn thing off to mastering.

If you can't reach him, try Ginger or Mary Ann. Maybe they  can help.

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »

DP Eric and his homemade Bunny "peep" and homemade chocolate egg as part of the dessert buffet at yesterdays Easter lunch/dinner at the 4S's.

Love it!

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

Very happy to hear that DR TCB is recuperating nicely!

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »

I found out that my brother-in-law is a "birther."

I am horrified, though not surpised.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »

I just received four, count 'em FOUR CDs today!  Fortunately, I actually ordered them, so it's a good thing.  Anyway, I just received from Dresscircle.co.uk, the new Sweeney Todd with Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton,...

Well, I'm listening to Sweeney Todd right now and for the most part, I like Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton.  HOWEVER, they didn't include "Green Finch and Linnet Bird" and the guy playing Anthony is a breathy singer. :P

There's also a bit of whisper/talking...they are definitely performing for the microphones.  And like something else that BK mentioned, the singers are very far forward in the mix.  The "orchestra" is hard to hear at times.  It's very much like a Teeny Todd.

How did you like the ootleg-bay?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

Did you actually read my post?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »

One of my interviewees is also a "birther" and, I suspect, a "Tea Partier." He is also one of my Facebook friends and his posts lately are driving me up a wall.

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2012, 03:00:58 PM »

Did you actually read my post?

Maybe.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »

Well, the office is falling into place. Thamks for the vibes and keep 'em coming. i hope to have good news by the end of the week.

Good news - hope to see your new work space next month!

Vibes...

Not for several months, I fear!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2012, 03:02:10 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Insurance and Rehab Vibes for our DR TCB! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John G.

« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »

A question for Danise and MBarnum:

Are you adjusting any better to your sleep masks?

I am doing well with my mask. My insurance covers a new mask every three months, so last week I checked out and bought this nasal pillow mask:

I haven't tried it out yet.

I wish my insurance covered that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2012, 03:08:41 PM »

One of my interviewees is also a "birther" and, I suspect, a "Tea Partier." He is also one of my Facebook friends and his posts lately are driving me up a wall.
You can hide a person's posts without de-friending him or her.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up