Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTACK OF THE REPEATED WORDS  (Read 12206 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: ATTACK OF THE REPEATED WORDS
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »

Back from a wonderful signing - full up, I'm happy to say - more folks than we've ever had - they ran out of chairs, actually, and there were even a few folks who I didn't know, which is always fun.  I read three little excerpts and took questions and told some unexpurgated anecdotes that are not included in the book :)  It was the first time that there were so many people that we actually ran out of cake.  I won't remember everyone who was there, but dear readers Amy and Mark came, Jason Graae, the Family Hollis, Nick Redman and his ever-lovin' Julie Kirgo, Outside the Box editor Marshall Harvey, my friend M'Lisa MacLaren (she was in Stages), her daughter, and her husband, Doug Haverty and wife Dorothy, a pal named Marci, her two young boys (who were so well behaved and adorable) and her hubby, Andrea, who used to work at Varese, film music collector, Henry Stanny, film music producer Neil Bulk and his girlfriend, Nudie Musical production assistant Bonnie MacBird, Grant Geissman, Rich Schraier, and about ten others whose names are escaping me.  Could not have been happier.  Sold not only quite a few new books, but some of every other title.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »

The Melody rehearsal was okay - she hadn't warmed up properly so her head was not in the right place - that said, even Melody at half-speed is better than most at full speed.  We then had some dinner (I ate too much, but I was starving), and now Grant is coming by to help hang some pictures.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »

DR Cilla The Souix City Journal made the Yahoo headlines.
http://news.yahoo.com/iowa-paper-devotes-front-page-fighting-bullying-175921792.html

Yeah, it was a pretty powerful cover

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2012, 08:07:56 PM »

I should say, not only did a gay teen in a small town nearby commit suicide this week because of bullying, but the movie BULLY opened in the local theater (finally).  One of the kids featured in the movie is at a local high school.  There was already a lot of publicity about the movie etc and in the midst of all this discussion about bullying, the young man killed himself.  It's really sad.  There are a lot of people who feel the same way the Journal staff do.  Enough is enough

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »

Back from a wonderful signing - full up, I'm happy to say - more folks than we've ever had - they ran out of chairs, actually, and there were even a few folks who I didn't know, which is always fun.  I read three little excerpts and took questions and told some unexpurgated anecdotes that are not included in the book :)  It was the first time that there were so many people that we actually ran out of cake.  I won't remember everyone who was there, but dear readers Amy and Mark came, Jason Graae, the Family Hollis, Nick Redman and his ever-lovin' Julie Kirgo, Outside the Box editor Marshall Harvey, my friend M'Lisa MacLaren (she was in Stages), her daughter, and her husband, Doug Haverty and wife Dorothy, a pal named Marci, her two young boys (who were so well behaved and adorable) and her hubby, Andrea, who used to work at Varese, film music collector, Henry Stanny, film music producer Neil Bulk and his girlfriend, Nudie Musical production assistant Bonnie MacBird, Grant Geissman, Rich Schraier, and about ten others whose names are escaping me.  Could not have been happier.  Sold not only quite a few new books, but some of every other title.

Congrats, BK! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »

Off to feed the cats...again.

I'm glad that my sister's coming back tomorrow.

George

« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2012, 11:38:48 PM »

I'm back...and my dryer just buzzed.  Great timing. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up