Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EDGE ENHANCEMENT  (Read 12103 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EDGE ENHANCEMENT
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:44:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were a journey and were centered and had edge enhancement, and now it is time for you to post until the enhanced cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EDGE ENHANCEMENT
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:45:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHRESTOMATHY!

Doug R

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:05:04 AM »

bk: I loved today's notes. These people idiots have, as you say, had a detrimental effect on the sale of many Blu-ray discs. Sadly, I don't think they will ever change their ways because they love to play the expert.

Michael

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:53:13 AM »

WOW! I think that must have been the longest BK blog! I, however, loved reading about it. I don't understand anything about DNR or edge enhancement and I enjoy the blu-ray releases that people carp about.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:53:30 AM »

good morning to all.
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:44 AM »

good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 04:31:59 AM »

A preview of the upcoming "Great Gatsby." Not exactly inspiring, but then again, I was not a fan of "Moulin Rouge":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/the-great-gatsby-trailer-when-fitzgerald-met-moulin-rouge/2012/05/22/gIQAPzTMjU_blog.html

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 05:09:29 AM »

Good morning, all! This is the first day in some time I am declaring a ME Day: I'm going to clean the apartment, organzine, file and tend to important things pertaining to me. I also need to stop at the post office.

The alarm went off at 6, and I slept in until 7. I had a peculiar dream about rehearsing a show like, but wasn't, the Appalachian Christmas piece; I was staying in a fantastic hotel, the wise men were in three Volkswagons and that's all I remember of it.

I do want to see THE WOMAN IN BLACK; the 1989 BBC version is truly terrifying, and the original novel by Susan Hill is a successful attempt to write a Victorian ghost story. I have the impression that the new film doesn't follow the novel as closely as the BBC version does, but I haven't read the novel in close to twenty years, so what do I know? I watched the BBC version again about two years ago and it still packs a wallop. I owned it on VHS as soon as it was released for sale after the A&E broadcast.  I now own a bootleg DVD because it's no longer available and it's a pity. It should be an annual Halloween broadcast. I see on IMDB that it's one minute longer than the Radcliffe movie, but I still want to see the new version, so I can saa how it compares.

More coffee and to work!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 05:50:15 AM »

DR Ginny, I'm sorry that the performance was screwed up because of the scenery. At least you got to see the whole performance. When Skip, DR FJL and I saw MARY POPPINS the first time, the scenic problems stopped the show cold and we had to come back for another performance.

I'm looking forward to the news on ONCE. I think you and Richard should go onstage and have a beer at 1:30.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 05:50:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHRESTOMATHY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW THE LANGUAGE

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 05:53:02 AM »

Enhance Me,My Sweet Enhanceable You !!

Doug R

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 05:56:40 AM »

A preview of the upcoming "Great Gatsby." Not exactly inspiring, but then again, I was not a fan of "Moulin Rouge":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/the-great-gatsby-trailer-when-fitzgerald-met-moulin-rouge/2012/05/22/gIQAPzTMjU_blog.html

That looks and sounds awful.

Doug R

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 05:57:58 AM »

After complaining for weeks about the cold I can now complain that it's TOO HOT!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 06:12:20 AM »

Well, the info coming in on THE MUSiC MAN at Arena bodes not much good; the director for some reason has set the show in the 1930s, which blows to hell Willson's valentine to his childhood before WW 1, and dances like the Castle Walk and Turkey Trot seem  awfully out of place, along wth the Wells Fargo Wagon and Captain Billy's Whizbang, in that period of talkies, Fred and Ginger, the depression, and other matters of social and economic change.

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 06:13:53 AM »

What??  WHY??

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 06:14:38 AM »

DR ELMORE --- WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 06:14:59 AM »

Coffee!

Good morning, all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 06:15:07 AM »

I didn't know Rich Sommer was in HARVEY.....interesting!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 06:21:12 AM »

What??  WHY??

My initial response is the usual: Clueless Director

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 06:44:06 AM »

Since one minute after waking, this has been destined to be a Benadryl Day.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 06:45:09 AM »

I like MOULIN ROUGE very much, but the GATSBY trailer did not make me want to see that movie.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »

Well, the info coming in on THE MUSiC MAN at Arena bodes not much good; the director for some reason has set the show in the 1930s, which blows to hell Willson's valentine to his childhood before WW 1, and dances like the Castle Walk and Turkey Trot seem  awfully out of place, along wth the Wells Fargo Wagon and Captain Billy's Whizbang, in that period of talkies, Fred and Ginger, the depression, and other matters of social and economic change.

This reminds me of something that Mervyn LeRoy said to me once.  He was talking about Hollywood, but it certainly applies to this situation.

"The problem with the movies is that they take a Broadway hit and improve it into a flop."
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »

It's Wednesday; it's hot, and the privets are in bloom about a month later than normal-- that means we can extend the allergy season into July!  :-\
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 07:11:34 AM »

DR Ginny, I'm sorry that the performance was screwed up because of the scenery. At least you got to see the whole performance. When Skip, DR FJL and I saw MARY POPPINS the first time, the scenic problems stopped the show cold and we had to come back for another performance.

Yes, I was afraid Jim Parsons and Scott Ellis were going to announce something like that when they appeared in front of the beautiful scrim with the lamppost on it.  As it turned out, it was a delightful chat.

I'm looking forward to the news on ONCE. I think you and Richard should go onstage and have a beer at 1:30.

DR Elmore, if I drink beer at 1:30 I'd have to leave my seat about 2:15 and I don't want to miss anything...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 07:24:53 AM »

I like MOULIN ROUGE very much, but the GATSBY trailer did not make me want to see that movie.
And I'm afraid that the more I see of Carey Mulligan, the thinner her acting seems to get. I heard she was great onstage, and I certainly enjoyed "An Education," but she doesn't do it for me as  Daisy in these previews. Neither did Mira Sorvino or Mia Farrow. 
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 07:34:09 AM »

As I've stated before, my first interaction with internet idiots (TM) was on Wikipedia, when an "editor" literally stole my Farmer article, but got several facts wrong in the process.  When I tried to correct her, I found out that those who "live" for these sites know all sorts of ways to "game the system", and I soon found myself suspended, even though I had been plagiarized.  Since then I've learned to (mostly) ignore the idiots and instead try to respond to those who actually know what they're talking about.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 07:34:48 AM »

Because I am a rule breaker, I am listening to The Alfred Deller Consort sing Christmas Carols.  So sue me.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 07:40:08 AM »

I am going to a progressive health emporium today to have what is billed as an abdominal massage.  I hope they can deal with someone who's incredibly ticklish.  :)

John G.

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 07:45:38 AM »

Page two!
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up