Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL MAY DAY  (Read 11767 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE FINAL MAY DAY
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »

Bryan did make kind of a funny preview....this is the dummy with some spelling errors....but funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_WGkLrwLlY&feature=youtu.be

That is pretty funny...but I must say that Pshemo Grajewski is a very unusual name.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2012, 12:47:38 PM »

I just soaked all of the plants so they won't die while I'm gone (though I'm sure some will). Naturally, it has just started to rain. Hard.

Lest I forget among all the well wishers:  Buon Viaggio in Italia!

I wish I was going, too.  Not with you, naturally.  Just going, too!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:13:46 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »

I had a pet turtle named Elmer who got soft shell.  My Dad told me he took Elmer back to the store, but I found out years later they actually flushed him down the toilet. 
Don't ya just love euphemisms?

Kid: Hey, where's Gramma?
Dad: We took her back to the store.

...which reminds me of this joke:

Lenny went on vacation and asked Bobby to watch over his house. About a week later, Lenny calls home and asked "How's my cat?"

Bobby hesitated and sadly told Lenny his cat died.

"What?! You shouldn't have broken the news to me like that! You should have done it slowly. The first time I called, you should have told me he was on the roof. The second time I called, you should have said there was no way to get him down. The third time I called, you should have told me that you tried to get him off the roof, but he fell down and died," explained Lenny.

Bobby apologized and went about his day.

About a week later, Lenny called again and asked "How's my Granny?"

There was a long silence and then Bobby replied. "Well, she's on the roof."

:D

LOL!  I've heard it with the punchline, "Grandma's on the roof...and she can't get down"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2012, 12:53:12 PM »

The plumber and super have been in and out several times, running water in the kitchen sink, the bathroonm sink, and thetub to determine which pipe is the one leaking into the basement. KIt looks like I will be getting a new bathroom in the near future.

At the gas station down the street?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »

DR CHAS SMITH - the widow of AIP's James H. Nicholson......Susan Hart Hofheinz holds the rights to THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF, I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN, and IT CONQUERED THE WORLD....and is prohibiting any kind of DVD release because of HUGE $$$$$ demands.

There were Columbia Drive In VHS releases of all of them......so you might be able to find those.....if you're lucky.

My best friend since junior high was partnered with Kim Fowler whose father, Gene, directed I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE.

My best friend, since junior high, was the partner of the late Kim Fowler whose late father, Gene, directed I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE.  He was better known as a film editor for films such as MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD, and  HANG 'EM HIGH.

Wasn't Kim Fowler some kind of wild rocker?  I think I had one of his LP's that makes the LP cover DR JMK posted yesterday look tame.....there wouldn't be enough red stickers to cover the naughty bits on display inside the gatefold.....

Actually, Kim was an actress and then a foley artist.  She was a beautiful girl.  She died far too young.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:08:50 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »

DR GEORGE - Pshemo Grajewski is from Poland.  He has been in Indiana for about six years, and this is his second show in America.....and in English.  He is pretty funny.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »

I wonder which Kim Fowley I am thinking of?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »

Oh this one.....his father was DOUGLAS FOWLEY - who played the harried director in SINGIN' IN THE RAIN and was in that classic film CATWOMEN OF THE MOON......a different Kim Fowley.

Off to rehearsal and to decorate the lobby.

http://www.kimfowley.net/victories/photospaintingsillusions.htm

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

Oh this one.....his father was DOUGLAS FOWLEY - who played the harried director in SINGIN' IN THE RAIN and was in that classic film CATWOMEN OF THE MOON......a different Kim Fowley.

Which is different than Fowler.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »

Which is different than Fowler.

But can you guess "y"?

Ben

« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »

Afternoon all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2012, 01:48:01 PM »

We are happily ensconced in the Coon Rapids Best Western Plus. We had a stress-free flight and an easy time at the rental counter. We had a very small directional glitch with the GPS due to road construction but otherwise it was easy peasy. I just got up from a nap. The Ant is still sleeping. We may use the pool next. We also plan a trip to Wal-Mart to get some small toiletries that we couldn't get through Airline Security. I will use the Exercise Facility after dinner. We haven't decided yet if we're going to Applebee's or Baker's Square. It may be Baker's Square just because I used to love that place when I lived in Minnesota. It began as Poppin' Fresh (IIRC) and was actually a Pillsbury operated restaurant. Then it changed to Baker's Square. They made the best French Silk pie and the best Sour Cream Raisin pie.

That's all for now. Later, gaters.

ChasSmith

« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2012, 01:51:46 PM »

I remember Baker's Square from the year I lived in the Chicago 'burbs.

I WANT THAT SOUR CREAM RAISIN PIE.

Jennifer

« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »

Sorry your dentist trip was so bad BK. Vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2012, 02:13:57 PM »

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »

I just soaked all of the plants so they won't die while I'm gone (though I'm sure some will). Naturally, it has just started to rain. Hard.

Well, you could have invited yourself along. The house, I hear, is plenty big. (Big  enough, I hope, for me to have some privacy.)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »

Well, you could have invited yourself along. The house, I hear, is plenty big. (Big  enough, I hope, for me to have some privacy.)

Where in Italy will you be?
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

DR Jrand61, all that work you did...oy!

Tell me about it.....I had to go read Pedro the Ape Bomb to try to forget about it.

And you lived to tell the tale.

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »

I hope at some time along the way you have seen the movie it was a sequel to.....The Amazing Colossal Man.....featuring Miss June Kenney from Earth VS The Spider, and other classics.

For shame, DR Jrand61....June is not in THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN. Although she does watch THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN while at the drive-in with John Agar in ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE.

Danise

« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

Pension vibes to DR Elmore!  I wish I could retire.  It would sure save me a lot of problems.

Pain free vibes to Dear BK!  I am going to the dentist tomorrow. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »

Glad to read that DR Ben and DP Ant made it safely!  Hope they enjoy their trip!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »

Another twelve year old boy hanged himself because he was being bullyed.  When will this ever stop?
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »

Have a wonderful visit DR Ben and DH Ant!

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »

Tooth vibe for BK...I am happy not to be in your shoes!

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »

Dr Elmore, I am so confused. On both trips to NY, when I stayed at your apartment, you told me you did not have a bathroom.

I knew that outhouse in the alley looked too much like a garbage can!  >:(

MBarnum

« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »

DR ChasSmith, I couldn't be more proud of you if you were my own child!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2012, 02:53:19 PM »

We are happily ensconced in the Coon Rapids Best Western Plus. We had a stress-free flight and an easy time at the rental counter. We had a very small directional glitch with the GPS due to road construction but otherwise it was easy peasy. I just got up from a nap. The Ant is still sleeping. We may use the pool next. We also plan a trip to Wal-Mart to get some small toiletries that we couldn't get through Airline Security. I will use the Exercise Facility after dinner. We haven't decided yet if we're going to Applebee's or Baker's Square. It may be Baker's Square just because I used to love that place when I lived in Minnesota. It began as Poppin' Fresh (IIRC) and was actually a Pillsbury operated restaurant. Then it changed to Baker's Square. They made the best French Silk pie and the best Sour Cream Raisin pie.

That's all for now. Later, gaters.

Have fun!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2012, 03:00:09 PM »

For those HHWers with a kindle. Free right now. Music quiz book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085CYNM6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=entfreebkpst-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0085CYNM6

I ordered it, but I don't have my Kindle with me to download it right now.  I'm assuming that it'll still be in my account for me to download when I get home tonight.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »

BK, the article's fine but the book is much better! I do hope it pushes sales of the book, though! That's the important thing.

I'm having some Mexican food for dinner. I've discovered a great takeout place on 72nd Street.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up