Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL MAY DAY  (Read 11653 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE FINAL MAY DAY
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »

elmore, that's exactly what it's meant to do. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »

Dr Elmore, I am so confused. On both trips to NY, when I stayed at your apartment, you told me you did not have a bathroom.

I knew that outhouse in the alley looked too much like a garbage can!  >:(

Now you complain?

The next time you come to visit, if I'm not suddenly hospitalized or called out of town on any excuse I can manufacture, we'll have to do another HHW get-together  on that street with all the Indian restaurants. East Fourth? East Sixth?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »

elmore, that's exactly what it's meant to do. 

Didn't I know it!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »

Novocain has almost worn off - of course, now there's some discomfort from all that drilling on the tooth, and I'm starving but can't eat until almost seven, which is when we'll finish the rehearsal.  I picked up some packages, but naturally the two coming from UPS hadn't been delivered yet.  I am so sick of this UPS guy coming whenever he feels like it - if it keeps on he will RUE the day, oh, yes, he will RUE the day.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »

Another HHW NY get-together would be so much fun!

Of course so many of our NY HHWers have flown the coop, so to speak....but I am certain they would all join us for a meal or two.

And now that DR JRand61 will be getting is SS each month, perhaps he can fly in also! This would make me very happy! I will even let him have my side of the fire escape.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2012, 03:10:22 PM »

Novocain has almost worn off - of course, now there's some discomfort from all that drilling on the tooth, and I'm starving but can't eat until almost seven, which is when we'll finish the rehearsal.  I picked up some packages, but naturally the two coming from UPS hadn't been delivered yet.  I am so sick of this UPS guy coming whenever he feels like it - if it keeps on he will RUE the day, oh, yes, he will RUE the day.

Can you have some water or tea to help tide you over?

MBarnum

« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »

BK, I think I forgot to mention this, but congrats and thanks for the upcoming I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE cd! I am looking forward to it....of course I still need to order it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »

BK, I think I forgot to mention this, but congrats and thanks for the upcoming I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE cd! I am looking forward to it....of course I still need to order it.

You are probably the reason it hasn't shipped yet.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »

In other news.  Something I didn't post was that I had my yearly Mamo.  I then got a letter telling me that they had "found" something and I would have to have more views and an ultrasound. 

I was trying my best to not panic but it was just another log on the old stress pile.   I don't know a lady out there who wouldn't have that horrible "What if?" question in their mind no matter how you try to tell yourself it's going to be ok.

The good news is that it was nothing and all is well.  :)  I feel like I dodged that bullet!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »

BK, do I remember that you always stock up on chocolate Twizzlers when you're in NYC because you can't find them at home?  Well, I bought a package in NY and now I'm hooked, too.  Yesterday I looked at 4 places here in town and didn't find them, so went to the Hershey website where I could check store availability by zip code.  It told me to go to Walmart, which I rarely do.  I've just come from there with 3 - count 'em 3 - packages!  Have you tried your local Walmart?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2012, 03:26:10 PM »

DR Danise - Whew!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »

In other news.  Something I didn't post was that I had my yearly Mamo.  I then got a letter telling me that they had "found" something and I would have to have more views and an ultrasound. 

I was trying my best to not panic but it was just another log on the old stress pile.   I don't know a lady out there who wouldn't have that horrible "What if?" question in their mind no matter how you try to tell yourself it's going to be ok.

The good news is that it was nothing and all is well.  :)  I feel like I dodged that bullet!

Now Danise, why didn't you tell us when they first contacted you?  That is what we are here for, to support each other.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2012, 03:27:41 PM »

As Richard and I were entering the Y today, my friend Lynne was leaving.  She said, "Ginny, you just missed kick-boxing!"  Something no one has ever said to me before!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2012, 03:28:14 PM »

AndI am trying very hard not to call you Danish.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »

As Richard and I were entering the Y today, my friend Lynne was leaving.  She said, "Ginny, you just missed kick-boxing!"  Something no one has ever said to me before!

If you do take up kick-boxing, be sure that Richard brings a camera.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2012, 03:33:07 PM »

Thanks DR TCB and DR Ginny.   I just feel like I get more then my fair share of vibes and I didn't want to worry anyone.  It was bad enough being off from work this past month because I was so stressed out the counselor wouldn't let me go back.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »

BK, do I remember that you always stock up on chocolate Twizzlers when you're in NYC because you can't find them at home?  Well, I bought a package in NY and now I'm hooked, too.  Yesterday I looked at 4 places here in town and didn't find them, so went to the Hershey website where I could check store availability by zip code.  It told me to go to Walmart, which I rarely do.  I've just come from there with 3 - count 'em 3 - packages!  Have you tried your local Walmart?
  That's where I found them.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »

Cunard Lines just invited me to join them on their July 27 crossing on the Queen Mary.  Sir David Frost will be their guest lecturer.

I didn't know he was a knight and I really didn't know he was still alive.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »

If you do take up kick-boxing, be sure that Richard brings a camera.

;D

Danise

« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »

I didn't know the Queen Mary was still sea worthy.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »

Sorry.  The Queen Mary 2.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »

Ginny, I will definitely try Walmart.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »

Thanks DR TCB and DR Ginny.   I just feel like I get more then my fair share of vibes and I didn't want to worry anyone.  It was bad enough being off from work this past month because I was so stressed out the counselor wouldn't let me go back.

Danise, you need to play the lottery; you're going through a winning streak!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »

I stayed on the original Queen Mary down in Long Beach.  That was a lot of fun.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »

elmore, I'm drinking lots of water.  As soon as rehearsal is over I'll either go to Jerry's Deli and have some eggs, or to Gelson's to get something I can negotiate.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »

elmore, I'm drinking lots of water.  As soon as rehearsal is over I'll either go to Jerry's Deli and have some eggs, or to Gelson's to get something I can negotiate.

I just want you happy.

Danise

« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

Thanks DR TCB and DR Ginny.   I just feel like I get more then my fair share of vibes and I didn't want to worry anyone.  It was bad enough being off from work this past month because I was so stressed out the counselor wouldn't let me go back.

Danise, you need to play the lottery; you're going through a winning streak!
  Seem like everything but that.  I've only been playing the lottery since it started.  On my birthday. 24 years ago.   And I've played the same numbers.  So far, I've won nothing over a hundred dollars.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »

I had an iguana named Kyle

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2012, 04:07:24 PM »

And I'm here.

Danise

« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »

Soft food.  Milkshakes.  Lots of ice & water.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up