Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PLUNGER SISTERS  (Read 11250 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE PLUNGER SISTERS
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »

Page Six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2012, 05:26:10 PM »

Is the Nook the one from Barnes and Noble?
  I've been thinking about getting a Nook or a Kindle but since I have the app on my Itouch (even though it's 4 years old now) I just can's seem to be able to justify the cost.

In other news, I learned that the iPhone is coming to my carrier--Virgin Mobile!   Since I just bought the slider phone I can't really justify getting the iPhone either, badly as I want one. Pardon me for a moment (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Ahhhhhhh.  Errrrrrrrr)
Ok, I'm back.  Not sure I feel any better about it but I'm here. 

I am about ready to throw my slider phone out the window, It won't hold a charge.  This is the second one I have had.  I charged it yesterday afternoon, and I checked it just before I went to sleep last night and it was already to turn itself off. I must have something open on the phone that isn't suppose to be open.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »

DR JRand and others who may be interested:  here's some footage from Roundabout's

HARVEY

A little bit of Sheldon shows up now and then, but I think Jim Parsons does a good job of keeping him in check.  Notice, too, the incidental music - reminded me of the theme from SIX FEET UNDER, but a little more chipper.

I don't like the play well enough to go see Jim Parsons (or Brent Barrett) onstage in it.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2012, 05:35:19 PM »

I've been thinking about getting a Nook or a Kindle but since I have the app on my Itouch (even though it's 4 years old now) I just can's seem to be able to justify the cost.

In other news, I learned that the iPhone is coming to my carrier--Virgin Mobile!   Since I just bought the slider phone I can't really justify getting the iPhone either, badly as I want one. Pardon me for a moment (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Ahhhhhhh.  Errrrrrrrr)

I am about ready to throw my slider phone out the window, It won't hold a charge.  This is the second one I have had.  I charged it yesterday afternoon, and I checked it just before I went to sleep last night and it was already to turn itself off. I must have something open on the phone that isn't suppose to be open.

I put an app on my phone called "Advanced Task Killer" I got it on the android market. My phone wouldn't even last the day on a full charge.  It puts a green/yellow figure on the top of your phone and you have to do a slide down (hope you understand that)  You tap on it and it asks if you want to kill selected apps.  Anything that has a check next to it will be shut down--for awhile anyway.  I use it a couple of times a day and it did help with battery life. 

Hope that helps.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »

DR JRand and others who may be interested:  here's some footage from Roundabout's

HARVEY

A little bit of Sheldon shows up now and then, but I think Jim Parsons does a good job of keeping him in check.  Notice, too, the incidental music - reminded me of the theme from SIX FEET UNDER, but a little more chipper.

I don't like the play well enough to go see Jim Parsons (or Brent Barrett) onstage in it.

Actually, come to think of it, I turned down the role of Elwood.  Not for the Broadway production.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »

I put an app on my phone called "Advanced Task Killer" I got it on the android market. My phone wouldn't even last the day on a full charge.  It puts a green/yellow figure on the top of your phone and you have to do a slide down (hope you understand that)  You tap on it and it asks if you want to kill selected apps.  Anything that has a check next to it will be shut down--for awhile anyway.  I use it a couple of times a day and it did help with battery life. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Danise.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »

I have to tell you about my tweet to DR Jose.  I saw him tweet that he had corrected a tweet where he typed something wrong.  I thought he had some kind new trick that I didn't know about because I make mistakes all the time and it makes me mad when I can't correct it.

Anyway, I tweeted, "How did you do that?" to him.  When he answered, he said he just retyped and retweeted!  I tweeted back "Duh! *hit's forehead* I could have had a V8!" 

Ahh, silly me.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2012, 05:56:44 PM »

Diane Sawyer just had a story that one out of ten children in this country has been the victim of identity theft.  Scary, huh?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »

Thanks DR Danise.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »

Diane Sawyer just had a story that one out of ten children in this country has been the victim of identity theft.  Scary, huh?

Very!

Jane

« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »

After my trip to the mail box I changed the sheets on the bed.  They didn't need changing except we were too warm last night and needed cooler sheets on the bed.

John G.

« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2012, 06:08:05 PM »

After my trip to the mail box I changed the sheets on the bed.  They didn't need changing except we were too warm last night and needed cooler sheets on the bed.
I know that feeling.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »

I like that we need the cooler sheets. 

John G.

« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2012, 06:44:20 PM »

So, apparently Hitler didn't care for the Royal Caribbean appearance on the Tonys either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOe6uhlKBOU
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »

So, apparently Hitler didn't care for the Royal Caribbean appearance on the Tonys either.

Love this!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »

Too funny.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2012, 06:50:01 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »

'night

Danise

« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »

G'night!  I'm going too.  Tired tonight.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »

Me, four.  I'm heading home.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »

There was a murder last night 5 doors down from my house, sirens, police, ambulances, etc....I slept through the whole thing and didn't even hear about it until the news at 6:00

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2012, 08:15:55 PM »

Copy editor humor. We love sentences like this:

Joe Smith, 62, and his wife, Mary, 59, were both found deaf in their home by neighbors this morning.

WHAAAAAT?????

I find Vixdad and the Vixter both deaf when I call for help bringing in the groceries  from the car
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »

I'm feeling rather depressed today probably because I picked up Sherlock & brought him home.  When the snow melts on Mt. Ashland we will take him to be with Echo.

(((Jane)))

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »

Thanks to having accepted a Voluntary [sic] Early Retirement deal from my day job employer last year, AND having not yet decided what I want to do when I grow up, I meanwhile enjoy the freedom of getting to such things as the Friday and Sunday events.  Looking forward to both, and to meeting a few of you DRs.

This is what I am enjoying as well....and I don't miss WORKING one bit.....although I still have plenty to do.

You don't seem to have enough free time to be considered retired ;)

Good grief.  Slap my eyeballs.  I thought you wrote that Jrand didn't have enough time to be considered retarded.

Hey, don't blame me, blame my glaucoma.

LOL!!!!

vixmom

« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »

There was a murder last night 5 doors down from my house, sirens, police, ambulances, etc....I slept through the whole thing and didn't even hear about it until the news at 6:00

oh my goodness -  first JMK's neighbor now yours.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »

Apparently the people involved all knew each other and there has been an arrest.  It wasn't random, so I'm really not scared about it, but it was tragic and I can't believe the sirens didn't wake me up

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »

Apparently the people involved all knew each other and there has been an arrest.  It wasn't random, so I'm really not scared about it, but it was tragic and I can't believe the sirens didn't wake me up

here's the news story

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »

Today's fabulous, non-ironic quote o'the day from Betsy:

"You accuse me of arguing with you every time I disagree with you." 

;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »

I told her I was going to double stitch that one on a sampler and hang it on the wall.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up