Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PLUNGER SISTERS  (Read 10939 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE PLUNGER SISTERS
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 07:14:57 AM »

Amazon is having a deal on free MP3 album vouchers worth $4 off any purchase.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 07:18:12 AM »

And the word of the day is: FANTAST!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  DAY DREAM

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 07:22:35 AM »

Thanks to having accepted a Voluntary [sic] Early Retirement deal from my day job employer last year, AND having not yet decided what I want to do when I grow up, I meanwhile enjoy the freedom of getting to such things as the Friday and Sunday events.  Looking forward to both, and to meeting a few of you DRs.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 07:32:31 AM »

I think I went to school with Xavier Plunger.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 07:32:47 AM »

Telephone call vibes to DR ELMORE.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 07:32:52 AM »

I'm off early for my Wednesday hike while Keith stays home to wait for a new irrigation guy to arrive.  I hope he is good and can replace the broken pipe today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 07:33:27 AM »

Thanks to having accepted a Voluntary [sic] Early Retirement deal from my day job employer last year, AND having not yet decided what I want to do when I grow up, I meanwhile enjoy the freedom of getting to such things as the Friday and Sunday events.  Looking forward to both, and to meeting a few of you DRs.

This is what I am enjoying as well....and I don't miss WORKING one bit.....although I still have plenty to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 07:34:01 AM »

DR ELMORE did you get your notice about Social Security yet?  When do you start getting your money back....although that's not quite how it works.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 07:34:27 AM »

I'm off early for my Wednesday hike while Keith stays home to wait for a new irrigation guy to arrive.  I hope he is good and can replace the broken pipe today.

Broken Pipe Begone vibes for DR JANE.

Ben

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 07:49:30 AM »

This is what I am enjoying as well....and I don't miss WORKING one bit.....although I still have plenty to do.

If I had been given a bigger/better offer in 2009 I might have been in the same position but it was not enough to keep me going (and I have a family to support) so I'm still here in the office and "look forward" to being here for the next 8 to 10 years. One can only hope I'll be able to collect my Social Security in 2020 or 2021.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 07:56:41 AM »

DR ELMORE did you get your notice about Social Security yet?  When do you start getting your money back....although that's not quite how it works.....

Payments start in September! I can't wait.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 08:21:07 AM »

I think I went to school with Xavier Plunger.

Condolencesgratulations!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:05 AM »

I'm going to ask here first:

I have an AARP pedometer that I've never used.  I now wish to use it but find that the battery has expired.   I ordered replacement batteries via Amazon.com using the information on the dead battery -- LR 44.   Unfortunately, the LR 44's I received in the mail are a bit smaller than the LR 44 that came with the pedometer.

I've tried being more specific in my search online (my local drug store and grocery don't carry this size battery).

The markings on the back of the dead battery read:  LR 44   NL (registered)  Button Cell.

The LR 44's I find on Amazon.com all have either 76A or A 76 added to the description.  That's the designation on the battery I got that is smaller than the battery I need.

Anyone have a clew?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »

I'm going to ask here first:

I have an AARP pedometer that I've never used.  I now wish to use it but find that the battery has expired.   I ordered replacement batteries via Amazon.com using the information on the dead battery -- LR 44.   Unfortunately, the LR 44's I received in the mail are a bit smaller than the LR 44 that came with the pedometer.

I've tried being more specific in my search online (my local drug store and grocery don't carry this size battery).

The markings on the back of the dead battery read:  LR 44   NL (registered)  Button Cell.

The LR 44's I find on Amazon.com all have either 76A or A 76 added to the description.  That's the designation on the battery I got that is smaller than the battery I need.

Anyone have a clew?

I have found the only foolproof way to replace those button batteries is to take your dead one to your local supermarket (or whoever sells batteries in your neighborhood) and actually do a size comparison.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »

I ran into this same problem a couple of years ago with some device which I can't recall right now.

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »

Radio Shack or a camera shop (even a mall one like Ritz Camera) is likely to have a good selection of button batteries.  Jewelers, too.  And yes, always take it in so they can match it.

JMK

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »

We noticed the people below us who let us trim their trees (thus inviting the wrath of the Tree Police) have their house listed.  I was worried that they had done so because of the trees, but I was stunned to find out this morning that even though they've lived there for 30 years they're in default and about to go into foreclosure.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »

Thanks to all who responded.  I appreciate the common sense approach and will use it in future!

A co-worker showed me how to make the new battery work....by resizing the "spring" (not really a spring, but a tab).  The new battery fit.  Unfortunately, it failed to make the pedometer function.   Sigh.   Wrong battery?  Worthless pedometer?

The journey continues....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:54:47 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ben

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 09:09:20 AM »

Yes, Radio Shack is a good place to go for odd things like those batteries. When I need one for our cordless handset phone I go to RS. Home Depot in NYC also has a broad selection of batteries, from AAA to D to button batteries.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 09:09:40 AM »

Just make sure you drive to the store about the battery. You wouldn't want to walk there and not have the steps counted.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 09:11:59 AM »

If I had been given a bigger/better offer in 2009 I might have been in the same position but it was not enough to keep me going (and I have a family to support) so I'm still here in the office and "look forward" to being here for the next 8 to 10 years. One can only hope I'll be able to collect my Social Security in 2020 or 2021.

DR BEN the years will fly by faster than you realize.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »

Payments start in September! I can't wait.

You beat me by a month....I start in October (payment for September)!

Doug R

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 09:13:04 AM »

Hard to believe but it is actually sunny today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 09:13:35 AM »

This may help others as it helped me - understand a little more about what we saw from the Best Actor in a Play on Sunday night - I would love to see this.....hopefully MR BK will get a ticket and will give us HIS take on said play.

http://theater.nytimes.com/2012/04/19/theater/reviews/james-corden-in-one-man-two-guvnors-at-the-music-box.html?pagewanted=all

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »

Sorry DR ELMORE we are now probably very WIDE.....but just for a few more posts.

Doug R

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »

I saw "Prometheus" and thought it was great. Splendid fun!

What I dislike about multiplexes, however, is the lack of presentation such as not using black borders around the image. "Prometheus" was filmed in 2.35:1 but on the screen where I saw it, the height was reduced to show it within a 1.85:1 frame. The whole point of the introduction of widescreen was to give a wider, bigger picture - not an overall smaller one. No wonder youngsters, nowadays, get confused about what widescreen is supposed to be all about; seeing it simply as a director's framing preference.

Ben

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 09:39:29 AM »

This may help others as it helped me - understand a little more about what we saw from the Best Actor in a Play on Sunday night - I would love to see this.....hopefully MR BK will get a ticket and will give us HIS take on said play.

One Man Review from NY Times

I must say I was leery of seeing the show but the clip I saw on the Tonys did make me laugh out loud and I rarely do that anymore so I want to see the show.

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »

And I love being able to do things in the middle of the week that were out of the question when I had to get up at 5:30 the next morning.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »

One Man Review from NY Times

I must say I was leery of seeing the show but the clip I saw on the Tonys did make me laugh out loud and I rarely do that anymore so I want to see the show.

So then we shall also have the Ben Report on said production, which will be a good thing.

ChasSmith

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »

We will also have
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up