Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY THAT WAS A BLUR  (Read 8757 times)

Doug R

Re: THE DAY THAT WAS A BLUR
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2012, 05:56:28 AM »

Apparently our constant wet weather here in the U.K. is all the fault of you lot in the U.S. where you are holding onto a huge area of high pressure which is blocking the jet stream from giving us our usual summer weather.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2012, 05:56:35 AM »

Sorry to hear about the friend of DR DtM!

Congratulations to the family of DR VIXMOM on their various anniversaries.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2012, 05:57:03 AM »

Off to work with expected temps outside of 104 degrees.

Oh hell....I mean....oh well...
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2012, 06:08:15 AM »

Greetings from Toyland!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2012, 06:14:16 AM »

Morning all! 

I think that (if there is time) each person should get a cupcake with one candle and their name it with a small cake that says "Happy Everything!" on it. 

Of course that many candles may be considered a fire hazard and banned by the fire marshal.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:36 AM »

I'd like to say I dreamed of "Oy! The Musical" staring Michael Ball but alas I did not. 

Instead I dreamed about either moving or cleaning the house but things were in boxes to be thrown away and in one box there were a bunch of old photo albums.  I started to walk past them but then found I couldn't bear the thought of getting rid of them so I was taking them out of the boxes and hoping I got them all.

Since photos are memories I would guess that means I am thinking about leaving the past behind but am not quite ready.  But what do I know?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2012, 06:28:50 AM »

BTW I just saw a tweet from Michael Ball (Yes, I follow him) where he said it's rainy and cold enough to put the heat on where he's at.  I think of those here in the States with the 100 degree weather and marvel at how different it can be in other parts of the world.

I do think it proves that global warming is upon us.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2012, 06:49:26 AM »

ALSO

There was much talk about the film version of 1776.

I have read somewhere that they are going to release the original roadshow version and the director's cut together. The guy who directed got some flack about cutting out those 11 minutes.

BTW The LD has an overture and entr'acte music (Can't remember if there was exit music) that were NOT part of any cut of the film

I haven't watched it for awhile, but I believe that the DVD restores the number (i.e. "Conservative Men") that was cut from the theatrical release.
You can dream…or you can do.

ChasSmith

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2012, 07:13:18 AM »

ALSO

There was much talk about the film version of 1776.

I have read somewhere that they are going to release the original roadshow version and the director's cut together. The guy who directed got some flack about cutting out those 11 minutes.

BTW The LD has an overture and entr'acte music (Can't remember if there was exit music) that were NOT part of any cut of the film

I haven't watched it for awhile, but I believe that the DVD restores the number (i.e. "Conservative Men") that was cut from the theatrical release.

Yes, "Conservative Men" is back for good, on the DVD and on TCM.  What's missing is parts of "Piddle Twiddle", the "Lees of Virginia" extension, and quite a few other little bits.  The assembled laserdisc, as rough as the inserted footage is, is a revelation, and I hope they go through with a proper release of it someday.

The LD also has the intermission, and an earlier commentary that's different from the one on the DVD.  And of course the Overture and Entr'acte that never really existed (creating a roadshow presentation that never existed either), but I like 'em.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:29:04 AM by ChasSmith »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »

Good morning, all.

Thanks, Ben, for the links to the ebooks.

Happy birthday to the Vixfamily. Just let me know when the cake is ready.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2012, 07:17:39 AM »

TOD: I'd like the same clarification that Mike asked for.

But if they are songs to be sung by BK or Guy Haines or whomever, then I'll offer two:

"Once Knew a Fella" from "Destry Rides Again"
"Love Song" from "Love Life"
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2012, 07:38:10 AM »

OMG Doug R so glad you're OK!

FJL

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2012, 07:39:36 AM »

Skip is away to Connecticut again for the weekend

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2012, 07:40:58 AM »

OMG Doug R so glad you're OK!

Not to mention the good townspeople around him.  If a spider ever drops on MY face while I'm driving, you can probably expect a couple of city blocks to be taken out.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2012, 07:51:06 AM »

The orchestra parts are at the McGlinnventory and I am home. As soon as I got in, I jumped into a bath of cld water, and now I feel quite refreshed. I don't plan to do much today except watch the 6th season of BONES and maybe look at some music.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2012, 08:03:23 AM »

I nearly lost control of the car when a spider dropped down from the roof and landed in my face. Ugh!
  I somehow missed this first pass around.  Wow!  I'm also glad your ok.

My Mom had something similar happen when one of those big honking spiders with a body the size of a quarter and legs out to there came from who knows where and ran across the dashboard.  We went off the road but luckily there wasn't anything there. 

Mom gingerly drove to the nearest store, bought a can of Raid and sprayed the entire can inside of the car before she would get back into it.  I hate the smell of bug spray and couldn't wait to get home.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2012, 08:08:14 AM »

I nearly lost control of the car when a spider dropped down from the roof and landed in my face. Ugh!

My Mom had something similar happen when one of those big honking spiders with a body the size of a quarter and legs out to there came from who knows where and ran across the dashboard.  We went off the road but luckily there wasn't anything there. 

Mom gingerly drove to the nearest store, bought a can of Raid and sprayed the entire can inside of the car before she would get back into it.  I hate the smell of bug spray and couldn't wait to get home.

OMG, those big Florida spiders.  I remember the fright of finding one in the linen closet or the bathtub.

We have "wood spiders" here that get pretty large like that, and I'm always on the lookout.  Not that they do any harm -- but they're scary as all hell when you unexpectedly come upon one.

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I went to the Y late yesterday afternoon, then on a shopping errand at Target and out for a bit of dinner.  We'd intended to go to Middletown's First Friday event, but the heat was too much for me.  We came home and I chilled in front of the TV all evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »

Today I have to go to Dorothy Lamour Lane Market for some fruit and Killer Brownies for tomorrow's after-church refreshments.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »

DR Danise, I hope Thelma is getting some rest and being kind to herself.

Danise

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »

OMG, those big Florida spiders.  I remember the fright of finding one in the linen closet or the bathtub.

We have "wood spiders" here that get pretty large like that, and I'm always on the lookout.  Not that they do any harm -- but they're scary as all hell when you unexpectedly come upon one.
  Yes, they do give one a fright.  Especially when they chase you. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »

DR Danise, I hope Thelma is getting some rest and being kind to herself.
  Thank you DR Ginny.  I'm trying to not bother her to much so she can rest.   I gave her a brief call last night to check on her.  She seems to be doing ok but I'm sure it's hard.   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »

Those spiders are supposed to stay near the wine bottles, not in the car. Glad you're OK, Doug R.
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2012, 09:05:13 AM »

Well, I've been sitting here like so much fish and i have laundry to do. 

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2012, 09:11:56 AM »

Songs for others to sing, not me. The singer is irrelevant.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2012, 09:12:55 AM »

I'm up because there is so much noise from tree trimming and construction that it's ridiculous

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »

Wow, page 3!!!   So early even.  Many mini-frenzies.  Sounds like we're losing our minds

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2012, 09:25:28 AM »

I read Peter Filichia's column, but I didn't know that we were supposed to report when he had finished, or comment on the subject matter.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »

I wish I knew why I can't see my avatar.  Not that it's so much to look at....but it is disconcerting to see a blank white box where my face should be.

Ohhh, I thought that was your avatar!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »

I'm going to have some lunch and then go out for a bit - bye for now!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up