Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SYMPHONY OF NOISE  (Read 11496 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SYMPHONY OF NOISE
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:37:42 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were a symphony and noisy, and now it is time for you to post until the symphonic cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SYMPHONY OF NOISE
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 12:43:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: ALIQUANT!

DR Iris

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »

George, I really appreciated your comments regarding "1776".
I watched it with a group of friends the other night, and we had the exact same conversation.
Am with you 100%.

DR Iris

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 12:53:04 AM »

Wishing everyone a delightful Sunday!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 12:55:10 AM »

Wishing everyone a delightful Sunday!

Thanks, and to you, too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 01:18:48 AM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 01:21:10 AM »

Listening to the new master again, when I should clearly be in bed.  Oh, well.  I love the first score and the way it's presented and sounds - that's a world premiere release.  The second score was previously available on CD (but long sold out) and I love it, but I was not that happy with that older CD, but that's what we've got to deal with - a bit dry for my taste, but there's nothing to be done with it.  I did take the six source music tracks that were in a row on the original release and move them to the bonus section - they were one reason that I never played the CD again after the first time - too much inconsequential stuff taking me away from the score - now the balance is much better.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 01:21:27 AM »

I guess I'll just stay up till two and finish listening.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 04:38:43 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 04:39:01 AM »

I slept until almost 7am today.

Hooray!

ChasSmith

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »

Good morning, all.

Up earlier than I would have liked, but are you gonna do.  Got a pretty decent sleep, till one annoying dream took hold at the end.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 04:42:54 AM »

We had a bit of excitement last night.

It's been very hot and last night it rained, finally. It seems to have cooled things off for the time being.

After the rain we heard some noise that didn't sound like rain. We went out to check and there was a BFR!!!

That's Big Frikkin' Racoon, in case you're trying to guess. He was calmly ambling about the back yard, most likely looking for dinner. Even though it's a developed suburb there are still lots of wildlife around. We have seen rabbits and bunnies in the past as well as either feral or just outdoor cats in the area as well.

No harm done by Rocky Racoon as far as we can tell, but his eyes just stared at us in the dark like "What are you doing in my territory?"

KevinH

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »

Good morning!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 05:04:53 AM »

Good morning, all.

Vibes for Cillaliz and all.

Vibes the BFR stays far from you, Ben. I hate those critters. They can be too mean and stubborn if they want something.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 05:19:18 AM »

Yesterday I piddled and twiddled with a few CDs, finishing up some listening I'd been doing on my little road trip the other day, and then where did my hankerings take me but to HELLO DOLLY which I hadn't visited or even revisited in quite some time.  I went directly to a nice fresh listen to the 1994 revival which now takes on all new meaning after hearing and reading the story of its creation.  I appreciate the recording now more than ever, and a nice fresh thanks must go out to MR BK for the effort that must've nearly kilt him. 

Now to backtrack to the original cast for a couple of things.  I so clearly remember wearing out that first LP back in the day.  That copy, may it rest in peace, is long gone.  Its replacement (still the original gatefold LP, early pressing, etc.) is in excellent shape, but what I listen to now, since I don't have it on CD, is the reel to reel tape which is a bit kinder than that Dynagroove LP.  (I only have about 100 tapes, but I love them dearly.)  Then, on to Mary Martin and Pearl Bailey, both also on RCA Dynagroove LP.  Haven't spun these in many years, so they need a good cleaning on the machine, and new sleeves.  They should be in fine shape, but we'll see.  I think Pearl was issued on CD, but not Mary.  Or is it the other way around?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:23:28 AM by ChasSmith »

FJL

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 05:26:10 AM »

That was some major weather event overnight between midnight and 1 a.m. eastern time in New York.   Luckily, the dogs are not frightened by thunder and such.

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 05:35:48 AM »

I then piddled and twiddled with the DVD/BLU player, but the only thing I watched all the way through was

(wait for it)

LURE OF THE SWAMP, for which the thanks goes to DR MBarnum.  I was definitely in the mood for a swamp movie, and I guess it starts more promisingly than it delivers, but damn it all, I enjoyed it to the end.  This could almost be a double-feature companion to Jean Renoir's SWAMP WATER.  Not that I am equating Mr. Hubert Cornfield with M. Jean Renoir.  Actually I just wanted to type the name Cornfield.  But:  Swamp movies.  Possibly my new favorite genre.  Or sub-genre.  Or sub-sub-genre.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:38:11 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 05:51:25 AM »

Finally, I piddled and twiddled (do you recognize a pattern here?) with COVER GIRL and THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES, just to check the discs and enjoy a quick eye-candy preview of the eye candy.  Both look simply magnificent.  The Technicolor of the former is lush and wonderful, and the TODD-AO clarity and expanse of the latter are just beautiful.  I believe I saw this only once with the family on its first release, and never revisited it on TV or home video.  This roadshow-ish film deserves an evening devoted to a proper straight-through viewing.  And it will get it, soon.

I was so excited to hear about Twilight Time coming along a year and a half ago, and I think I'm appreciating them more with every passing month.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 06:09:50 AM »

Vibes to all of DR Cillaliz's injured family members!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ouch X 3.

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 06:12:18 AM »

DR Jane (and anyone else), my niece (6) has turned into a big time reader. She is reading the Nancy Drew teen crew books. Daisy Meadows Fairy series. Fancy Nancy chapter book.   It is so cute to watch. She just loves to read!

So far this summer she's been to her library 3 or 4 times. And mine twice (different selections of books). And this is only since she finished school on June 22nd.

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 06:13:34 AM »

I wonder if the tables in LA restaurants are closer than they are here. Not that I eat out that often, but I am never close enough to another table to be able to hear what others are saying!

Michael

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 06:30:41 AM »

good morn to all.

Today is a traveling day. Leaving my native country to go to my adopted country. Looking forward to the return
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 06:32:14 AM »

Welcome home to DR JANE.

DR BEN thanks for the link to the Wayback Machine....lots of interesting things there....I downloaded Mary Astor's MY STORY for my EPUB library.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 06:35:23 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept late and I shortly have to deal with an ugly situation at my corner bodega about the fact that they, or their vendor, are not keeping milk in this heat at a low enough temperature. This is the third day that a half gallon of milk, with an expiration date of July, has been sour when I opened it.  I am not amused.

The dreams about recording DEAREST ENEMY are kicking in with a huge explosion. My only memory of my last dream this morning is a pianist bitching at me about rehearsing singers needlessly. Hmmm . . .

Today, very little to do, which I like. I will continue with BONES Season 6.  I'm getting attached to THE MENTALiST, so I may start watching Season 1 of that,
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 06:43:31 AM »

That was no dream DR ELMORE....that was a premonition.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 06:45:30 AM »

I have been reading the history of the Radford Studios near Chez BK.......of course it was the former home of Republic Pictures.

I am happy to hear the DR CHAS SMITH has now seen LURE OF THE SWAMP......and of course he recently viewed ROBOT MONSTER in 3-D.....so I think REFORM SCHOOL GIRLS will help him understand the literature of cinema in a new way as well....however the education will be incomplete until he sees RUNAWAY DAUGHTERS.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »

That was no dream DR ELMORE....that was a premonition.

LOL! I had a lot of similar dreams before last year's recording, too!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: ALIQUANT!

ALIQUANT On The Western Front
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Kerry

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 07:34:26 AM »

Vibes to everyone for just about every reason there is.  And vibes to the Racoon, too.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 07:37:07 AM »

We had a raccoon on our deck last week.....I have never seen one in my neighborhood before.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up