Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TACK, BRA, PUSS PUSS  (Read 13764 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: TACK, BRA, PUSS PUSS
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2012, 01:35:50 PM »

While I was distracted Craig's flight took off. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »

A Facebook  comment from Varla Jean Merman, love child of Ethel Merman and Ernest Borgnine, on the death of her  father:

Thank you all for your kind words. The loss of a parent is devastating, and my love for him was unrestrained. He was a quiet man, but his lawyers often conveyed his true feelings for me, and at least reassured me that he did know I was out there, especially when I came within 400 feet of him.

;D
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »

DR JohnG. I had meant to thank you for the nice comments about the Herbert Songs. I don't know if anyne else on HHW has heard the collection or even liked it much, but we could sure use a positive review on Amazon. Both reviews posted there seem negative to middling to me, much like Suskin's for Playbill, generally dismissive. One says the first disc is great and the material gets worse and the other says (s)he could get six friends and a bottle of wine together and produce something similar, which is an insukt to most of the singers we cast. I know there are clinkers in 102 numbers, but I feel there are listeners happier with the recording than these two critics.

I apologize that I have not purchased the CD yet.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »

Craig's flight was delayed AGAIN.  Long delays for flights with planes sitting there just waiting to take off.

Did you see the photos of the plane back East that melted into the tarmac?
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »

TOD:

I did French at school and have done classes in German and Spanish. I am abysmal in all of them.

I usually did French after school.

Uh-huh....and maybe a little Greek, too?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »

I actually wish that I had learnt more Spanish. So many vintage Mexican films are out on DVD now, but without subtitles. Knowing Spanish would make it easier for me to understand and enjoy these films.

I am guessing that the DVD companies releasing them figure that no English speakers would care to watch them, but they are quite wrong.

With all due respect, Mr. Barnum, I believe you are the exception rather than the rule.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2012, 01:46:11 PM »

Craig's flight was delayed AGAIN.  Long delays for flights with planes sitting there just waiting to take off.

LOL!  Actually, the tarmac melted and the plane's wheels sank four inches into it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »

Yogi does not like that there are two men from Directv working in & outside the house.  Kitty doesn't like the noises Yogi is making and is hiding.  I'm locked in the laundry with them both.

Are you a-scared of the two men, too?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2012, 01:48:31 PM »

TOD:

I did French at school and have done classes in German and Spanish. I am abysmal in all of them.

I usually did French after school.

Uh-huh....and maybe a little Greek, too?

No, not until after high school.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »

Noooo, do I want to?  Were people in it at the time?

Jane

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »

LOL!  Actually, the tarmac melted and the plane's wheels sank four inches into it.

On a smaller scale we have had that happen on our asphalt driveways. 

Jane

« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »

Yogi does not like that there are two men from Directv working in & outside the house.  Kitty doesn't like the noises Yogi is making and is hiding.  I'm locked in the laundry with them both.

Are you a-scared of the two men, too?

LOL only of Yogi growling.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »

DR Elmore, regarding your executor situation. Just have in your will that all your assets be liquidated into cash and put into my savings account. I will take care of it all for you, I promise. It is the least I can do for you, my friend.

The day I do that, I will declare myself insane and head to the nearest padded cell.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »

DR JohnG. I had meant to thank you for the nice comments about the Herbert Songs. I don't know if anyne else on HHW has heard the collection or even liked it much, but we could sure use a positive review on Amazon. Both reviews posted there seem negative to middling to me, much like Suskin's for Playbill, generally dismissive. One says the first disc is great and the material gets worse and the other says (s)he could get six friends and a bottle of wine together and produce something similar, which is an insukt to most of the singers we cast. I know there are clinkers in 102 numbers, but I feel there are listeners happier with the recording than these two critics.

I apologize that I have not purchased the CD yet.

There's no need to apologize. It's a damned expensive CD and you'd better like turn-of-the-century American popilar music or you're screwed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:33:23 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2012, 02:12:20 PM »

that's turn-of-the-last-century music.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »

that's turn-of-the-last-century music.

I think I need to be back at the turn of the last century.  My cell phone carrier just sent me notice that the Apple Iphone 4 is now available.  Great, that is what I wanted.  The price is what?  $649.00?
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2012, 03:54:29 PM »

DR Elmore, regarding your executor situation. Just have in your will that all your assets be liquidated into cash and put into my savings account. I will take care of it all for you, I promise. It is the least I can do for you, my friend.

The day I do that, I will declare myself insane and head to the nearest padded cell.

Just remember to will me the only known copy of "Oy!-the Musical" staring Michael Ball.  :)  I promise to think of you every time I watch it!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ChasSmith

« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2012, 04:01:39 PM »

Just remember to will me the only known copy of "Oy!-the Musical" staring Michael Ball.  :)  I promise to think of you every time I watch it!

And I'll take "Gestalt!-the Sequel", if you don't mind.

Danise

« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2012, 04:03:30 PM »

Travel vibes to DS Craig.  I hope he gets to where he is going soon.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »

And I'll take "Gestalt!-the Sequel", if you don't mind.
:)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »

Travel vibes to DS Craig.  I hope he gets to where he is going soon.

Thank you.  I never asked how he was getting from the airport to his friend's house.  Once there they are lending him a car to use.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »

We took Yogi for a walk to the mailbox.  We need to get out earlier in the morning to take him on a longer walk.  It was hot out there.

Danise

« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »

I have to tell you all about what happened today.

You know I have a really bad boss.  Well, I'm trying my very best to get the heck out of Dodge even if I have to take a step down.  I put in for a Clerk 3 (data) position and that meant I had to take a data entry test.

I hate tests but I took the time to listen to Joseph's Confidence track before I went down to Civil Service on my lunch hour.  I had Joseph's voice ringing in my head--"You are a confident person.  Confidence! Confidence!"  and you know, I went in, had no butterflies or that sick feeling I always get when I'm being tested on any thing and out of the 40 entries you had to do in the time limit, I got 39.  With ZERO errors!  The guy who gave the test said that was very good.  It's a closed position meaning it is only available to folks who already work for county and I am hoping against hope that I get called for an interview.  :)

I'm thinking that sometimes you may have to take a step down or back to go forward.   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »

I have to tell you all about what happened today.

You know I have a really bad boss.  Well, I'm trying my very best to get the heck out of Dodge even if I have to take a step down.  I put in for a Clerk 3 (data) position and that meant I had to take a data entry test.

I hate tests but I took the time to listen to Joseph's Confidence track before I went down to Civil Service on my lunch hour.  I had Joseph's voice ringing in my head--"You are a confident person.  Confidence! Confidence!"  and you know, I went in, had no butterflies or that sick feeling I always get when I'm being tested on any thing and out of the 40 entries you had to do in the time limit, I got 39.  With ZERO errors!  The guy who gave the test said that was very good.  It's a closed position meaning it is only available to folks who already work for county and I am hoping against hope that I get called for an interview.  :)

I'm thinking that sometimes you may have to take a step down or back to go forward.   

DRDanise, you are an amazing lady! Best of luck  to you!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

I'm here, but have not stopped all day.  I finished another set of liner notes and got that off where it's going.  I got the composer's notes for Wallander, so that's all  complete now - he's such a nice and charming guy.  I had some lunch.  I'll be going to my engineer's house at seven-thirty.  I've done track list and road map for another project and will start on those notes, too.  I've never written five sets of liner notes in a week - it's interesting.  I assigned songs and got the singers mp3s via e-mail rather than burning CDRs.

Danise

« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2012, 04:30:13 PM »

Thank you DR Elmore.  I know I'll take a bit of a money hit but sometimes your health is more important. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »

Ok, but remember to sign the will before declaring yourself insane, so that it will hold up in court.

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »

And for the newbies on HHW....DR Elmore and I really do love each other very much! Elmore is one of my all time favorite peoples!

KevinH

« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »

Good luck, DR Danise!

Danise

« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:46 PM »

Liner notes are what goes in the booklet?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up