Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A WORD  (Read 8972 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: IN A WORD
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 06:06:37 AM »

I did take the time.  Here are a couple of photos that I took backstage AFTER the show last night.....the wig is a little worse for wear, but I think it is an improvement.

I think her smile speaks volumes about the wig!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 06:09:19 AM »

Page Two Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 06:11:30 AM »

*  *  *  *  *  Recovery Vibes for DR Cillaliz's Brother  *  *  *  *  *
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 06:14:11 AM »

@  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @   @  @  @  @

@    SECOND SMASH NIGHT VIBES FOR DR JRAND AND HIS CAST AND CREW    @

@  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @  @   @  @  @  @
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 06:16:11 AM »

Everyone is ordering the Kritzerland FOLLIES--even the guy on All That Chat who said he would never order anything from Kritzerland again.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 06:21:02 AM »

I swore last night that I would sit down and watch GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDS from beginning to end and pay strict attention to it.  Yet fifteen minutes in, I found my mind wandering and before I knew it I had my iPad in my hands and I was browsing through Twitter.  There just is something about that movie in that it always fails to hold me--it's like the TV is not even on while the film is running.  It is a mystery to me...
-- Anaïs Nin

Doug R

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 06:21:50 AM »

London is buzzing here with the Olympics fast approaching - especially for me because I live close to the Olympic site. Streets being cleaned up, fast road lanes being introduced, posters and sculptures going up.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »

DR JRand, I didn't forget about looking for that doll in my collection of Sears Christmas catalogs.  They are currently tucked away in a container that's beneath a few other containers but I'll see if I can get to them this weekend.
-- Anaïs Nin

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 06:27:11 AM »

I don't think I've ever seen GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES all the way through.  Might give that a try now.  Or soon.  Probably later.

But here's something amazing, and after reading MR BK's notes I know I've definitely missed something:  I've never seen HIGH TIME.  Never.  How could that be?  This is going to be one incredible discovery.  

And all incredible discoveries are incredible.  I love that about them.

Saw the digital BIRDIE at the Lafayette Theater last year, and it was very very good, but it sounds like the upcoming Twilight Time experience is going to be even very very much better.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 06:30:22 AM »

Today is my mother's 85th birthday. Wish I were in Louisville to celebrate with her, but I will give her a call later today. My sister is going in from Lexington for a visit with her son, so there will be some celebrating.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 06:33:58 AM »

Today is my mother's 85th birthday. Wish I were in Louisville to celebrate with her, but I will give her a call later today. My sister is going in from Lexington for a visit with her son, so there will be some celebrating.

Happy birthday, JohnG's mom! 

Longevity in your genes, hooray!

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 06:38:31 AM »

Congratulations to DR JRand61 on surviving opening night, and VIBES for a really great second night.

How great it would be if some future visit to Cincinnati could coincide with the run of a DR Jrand61 Production.  That would be just a couple hours drive, no?

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 06:42:25 AM »

VIBES also for the guy who never showed up or answered calls, etc.  That kind of thing is not just an aggravation -- it could be quite worrisome.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 06:47:26 AM »

Good morning, all! I awoke at 7 and decided, what the hell and went back to bed.

I would prefer to be there now, but I have to deal with this Fed Ex issue and whatever fresh hell arrives; there seems to be a rea; plethora at the moment.

DR JRand61, great news about your opening, and I hope all other problems are solved today.

I fear I am not great company at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 07:15:25 AM »

Friday at last.  And we had rain last night.  Real rain.  Imagine!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 07:30:43 AM »

The omens are not good, dammit.

Fed Ex is no help ("we've received your fax"), and I can get no answers from the producers in Dublin over the whereabouts of the package delivered to the wrong address. I've decided to do laundry, something positive, rather than get drunk and/or go back to bed or go out and stomp pigeons and kick strangers.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 07:32:26 AM »

TOD:

THE DEVIL'S DOUBLE

I know nothing about this film, except that it's supposed to be very good.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2012, 07:33:16 AM »

Congrats to JRand on a good opening night!
You can dream…or you can do.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2012, 07:38:18 AM »

The omens are not good, dammit.

Fed Ex is no help ("we've received your fax"), and I can get no answers from the producers in Dublin over the whereabouts of the package delivered to the wrong address. I've decided to do laundry, something positive, rather than get drunk and/or go back to bed or go out and stomp pigeons and kick strangers.

DR Elmore - keep it positive, as you slap them to the floor.

Matthew

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2012, 07:39:53 AM »

Everyone is ordering the Kritzerland FOLLIES--even the guy on All That Chat who said he would never order anything from Kritzerland again.

See.... this is why a screening process is necessary. :)

Matthew

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2012, 07:46:22 AM »

Annnnd, it's Friday.  The week seemed slow, but yet, too fast.  Aida opens next week and Dear Edwina Jr the next week.  Then it's another week and we're off to Munich.  Oh, and next Sunday is a surprise 40th birthday party of the DP that I'm throwing here at the ol' homestead.   I'm hoping for a party of epic proportions.  Early evening, dusk, garden party, very reminiscent of the final episode of "Downton Abbey" season 1.  Without the announcement of war, I hope.

Matthew

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2012, 07:46:31 AM »

Off to camp.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2012, 07:56:16 AM »

Congrats to JRand on a good opening night!

DITTO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2012, 08:13:24 AM »

Yes, I saw that post on All That Chat - he admits that he had a bad experience with customer service but that "maybe" that was because of how he worded his e-mail, i.e. he probably sent something completely offensive and then was saddened when someone probably answered him in kind.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2012, 08:27:53 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  My sister and I left here about 8:15 for the vampire's lab, where I was scheduled for 2 different blood tests, one of which was fasting.  We then went out for a nice breakfast, picked up a prescription for Mom, and did a little shopping at our pitiful mall.  She brought me back home and is now on her way home to Michigan.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »

Yes, I saw that post on All That Chat - he admits that he had a bad experience with customer service but that "maybe" that was because of how he worded his e-mail, i.e. he probably sent something completely offensive and then was saddened when someone probably answered him in kind.

Very conciliatory of him to admit that, wouldn't you say?  Trying to make amends with the "maybe" there as a precaution so as not to have egg on his face just in case the gesture is not accepted?

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »

Congratulations to DR JRand on a successful opening and vibes for friend Vickie!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2012, 08:40:37 AM »

From DR George:

Quote from: Jane on July 12, 2012, 05:43:43 PM
How is the actor who plays Sam?

Cute.

LOL.  I've been told he is a great guy and our friends are very happy he is marrying into their family.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »

From DR John G:
He has a scene in episode 5 that seems to serve as an introduction to the character, which means more and hopefully better scenes are coming. He's also a good dancer.

Thanks.  I've been told he is very talented.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up