Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A WORD  (Read 8970 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: IN A WORD
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »

DR FJL thanks for the playbill link.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »

Time to put the laundry into the dryers! I hope I kick no one or stomp any pigeons into pulp on the way.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:04:41 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »

Yes, I saw that post on All That Chat - he admits that he had a bad experience with customer service but that "maybe" that was because of how he worded his e-mail, i.e. he probably sent something completely offensive and then was saddened when someone probably answered him in kind.

Very conciliatory of him to admit that, wouldn't you say?  Trying to make amends with the "maybe" there as a precaution so as not to have egg on his face just in case the gesture is not accepted?

Conciliatory I don't know about, since he also says he has stayed away from us since.  If he knew he was wrong in the first place, apologies were probably in order.  I probably still have the e-mail somewhere - I tend to save them for just such occasions :)  Then again, I don't think his ATC name is his real name.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »

I shall be on my way to Teddy in about thirty minutes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2012, 08:50:59 AM »

I thought the screen captures for today's notes were really poor.  The colors were all muted and there was too much brown.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »

I missed the news Donna Summer's had passed away. :(

While not condoning her actions I can understand the older daughter expecting something since she had a different father. 

Jane

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2012, 08:55:23 AM »

I did take the time.  Here are a couple of photos that I took backstage AFTER the show last night.....the wig is a little worse for wear, but I think it is an improvement.

It is a great improvement! :)

Jane

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »

DR Jane I just checked the listings for SMASH.

http://epguides.com/smash/

From the description it looks like ep 1-14 called PREVIEWS is the one that features Sam a lot.  He is still a supporting character. But he definitely started to get a bigger part towards the end of the season.

Thank you. I'll try to record this so I can see him.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2012, 08:59:52 AM »

Today is my mother's 85th birthday. Wish I were in Louisville to celebrate with her, but I will give her a call later today. My sister is going in from Lexington for a visit with her son, so there will be some celebrating.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2012, 09:03:48 AM »

DR Cilla I'm very, very pleased your birthday was a good day and not one filled with sorrow.

QUICK HEALING VIBES FOR DAVID!!!

Jane

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2012, 09:04:12 AM »

DR ELMORE VIBES THINGS GET EASIER!

Doug R

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »

I thought the screen captures for today's notes were really poor.  The colors were all muted and there was too much brown.

Which reminds me. I saw a review of the blu-ray "Singin' in the Rain" in which the reviewer said "the film's inherent softness can be prohibitive". What does that mean? I never saw the film in 35mm but I don't believe the film could ever have been anything but pin sharp.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »

DR Jrand, congrats on your opening night.  May tonight be even better and I hope all is well with the promo guy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 09:06:18 AM »

Which reminds me. I saw a review of the blu-ray "Singin' in the Rain" in which the reviewer said "the film's inherent softness can be prohibitive". What does that mean? I never saw the film in 35mm but I don't believe the film could ever have been anything but pin sharp.

Sounds like wannabe critic mumbo jumbo to me!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »

Yes, I saw that post on All That Chat - he admits that he had a bad experience with customer service but that "maybe" that was because of how he worded his e-mail, i.e. he probably sent something completely offensive and then was saddened when someone probably answered him in kind.

Very conciliatory of him to admit that, wouldn't you say?  Trying to make amends with the "maybe" there as a precaution so as not to have egg on his face just in case the gesture is not accepted?

Conciliatory I don't know about, since he also says he has stayed away from us since.  If he knew he was wrong in the first place, apologies were probably in order.  I probably still have the e-mail somewhere - I tend to save them for just such occasions :)  Then again, I don't think his ATC name is his real name.

Oh, you may be right.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 09:11:39 AM »

I did take the time.  Here are a couple of photos that I took backstage AFTER the show last night.....the wig is a little worse for wear, but I think it is an improvement.

BIG improvement!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2012, 09:12:50 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR John G's Mother!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »

Anyone else keep thinking they're talking about glamorous entertainer of yester-year "Jaye P. Morgan" on the news when they talk about "J.P. Morgan" executives on the news -

hmm, no one else? -

Guess I'm stuck in a former entertainment era. 

G O N G !
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:11 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR John G's Mother!

I forgot about this!
Ditto!

Also, good news about the brother of DR cillaliz.

I'm really pissed today because the Dublin producers are not getting back to me about the carton that Fed Ex claims was delivered, but they did not receive. Will I need to reprint, tape and ship another set of orchestra parts? How much time does it take to call the Dublin Fed Ex office and ask who the hell has it and send me an email?

I have no time, nor patience,  for this crap.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2012, 09:28:46 AM »

Today is my mother's 85th birthday. Wish I were in Louisville to celebrate with her, but I will give her a call later today. My sister is going in from Lexington for a visit with her son, so there will be some celebrating.

to John G.'s mother! 

“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »

Thanks, DRs FJL, Ginny, Jane, TCB and Elmore. I will extend all birthday greetings to her.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »

Great card DR TCB!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 09:33:03 AM »

Annnnd, it's Friday.  The week seemed slow, but yet, too fast.  Aida opens next week and Dear Edwina Jr the next week.  Then it's another week and we're off to Munich.  Oh, and next Sunday is a surprise 40th birthday party of the DP that I'm throwing here at the ol' homestead.   I'm hoping for a party of epic proportions.  Early evening, dusk, garden party, very reminiscent of the final episode of "Downton Abbey" season 1.  Without the announcement of war, I hope.

Will Maggie Smith be there?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2012, 09:39:10 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  My sister and I left here about 8:15 for the vampire's lab, where I was scheduled for 2 different blood tests, one of which was fasting.  We then went out for a nice breakfast, picked up a prescription for Mom, and did a little shopping at our pitiful mall.  She brought me back home and is now on her way home to Michigan.

That will teach me to slow down when I am reading posts.  I missed the mention of your sister, and I thought you meant that your mother brought you back home.  That sounded scary!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »

Did any of the usual suspects go and see SINGING IN THE RAIN on the big screen yesterday?  Naturally, Tacoma still didn't have any theaters on the list.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 09:50:07 AM »

“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »

Happy 85th Birthday to the Mother of DR JohnG.!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:14 AM »

Our promised 85 degree day is now going to turn in to a low 70's day.  AND, with possible rain showers thsi weekend.  Ah, Summer in the Pacific Northwet!
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:21 AM »

DR Jane I just checked the listings for SMASH.

http://epguides.com/smash/

From the description it looks like ep 1-14 called PREVIEWS is the one that features Sam a lot.  He is still a supporting character. But he definitely started to get a bigger part towards the end of the season.

Thank you. I'll try to record this so I can see him.

Or you could watch his parts online. I'm sure it's on nbc.com.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »

Did anybody here watch the premiere of BIG BROTHER?

I love the coaches aspect.

BIG BROTHER AFTER DARK is on in Canada on a main channel for the first time in 14 seasons. OMG I love it! I have never seen it before. I think I could become addicted to it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up