Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FOLDING CHAIRS  (Read 42894 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: FOLDING CHAIRS
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2012, 09:24:17 AM »

Three.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2012, 09:24:38 AM »

School problems are getting worse. Not better. Am thinking of dropping out of the program.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »

TOD:

Scrabble
Monopoly

Canasta
Bridge
Rook

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2012, 09:45:48 AM »

TOD:

Monopoly - which always took TOO long to play, I usually lost interest toward the end of the game.

I wouldn't know this feeling as my little brother would always get mad because he was losing and would upset the board, usually by tossing it across the room. I don't think we ever finished a game of Monopoly.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:48:23 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2012, 09:49:06 AM »

Oh Bookworm....I can't play it anymore, because if I do I never stop!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »

Good day one and all!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2012, 09:52:41 AM »

I send a hug to Danise...

and Vibes to all who need them...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

John G.

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2012, 09:53:37 AM »

TOD:

Scrabble
Monopoly

Canasta
Bridge
Rook

My folks taught me how to play Rook when I was a kid. We still play that occasionally when I go to visit them.
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »

Good morning, all! I stayed up late to hear Bill Clinton, and I am so glad that I did. I do know that by around noon I'll be feeling the effects of not enough sleep, but I will hopefully be on my way back home from Toyland by then.

When I got to Toyland yesterday, there was a message from my accountant next door asking me to turn down the stereo, so I spent 2-3 hours yesterday rearranging my office furniture. I didn't have an AC-DC adaptor in the office, so I won't know until today if I achieved something god or screwed up the situation until Curtis returns on Sept 20. Hopefully, we will have solved the sound problem for everyone's satisfaction.

So, I've got that to deal withm and some more proofng on the blasted "Willie the Weeper," which is endless. I'm about halfway through the piece now.

And that's my news. More coffee!

The speech / forensics geek in me watched speeches from both convention and I have to agree with you about Bill Clinton. HE addressed the issues and talked to the audience. I like that. From the ideals of persuasive speaking he used the tools that a good persuade speech would have and they are clearly stating the case, presenting the facts, and giving reasons supporting his position.

I have judged collegiate speech tournaments for a number of years and usually get assigned to the Dramatic interp events which I love. I do have to say being on this board has made me a better judge because of information and tips that various individuals have presented.

Aside from watching the speeches, i refuse to watch the political ads as they are too negative. I have been revisiting old tapes, CDs, books and DVDs until the election is over. It has been a riot watching a few of the shows as some tapes still have commercials.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:00:21 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »

You know you are in NOrth Dakota when you see a news story like this: A kidnapped Stuffed bear....

It ranks right up there with a news story from a few years ago in the same paper about two dogs leading a band of cows across southern Grand Forks county eluding sheriff deputies...

and a story from this year in the The Forum in FArgo, "Rampaging Deer try to break into the Moorhead Center Mall".

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/244370/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:08:17 AM by DakotaCelt »

Ben

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2012, 10:12:24 AM »

Here's a great interview by David Frost with Shirley MacLaine. It's on the BBC iPlayer. It will be available until next Tuesday, September 11 around 5pm (NY time)

David Frost Shirley MacLaine

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »

DR Vixmom your chain of thoughts from McDonald's were entertaining. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »

I'm up and the sun is shining (yesterday was gray and overcast, we had a teeny-tiny bit of rain but it was still hot and gross).  Perhaps I'll be shining at some point but that point would not be now.  Helper will be here in forty-five  minutes to do the Costco folding chair run.  I did sleep nine hours.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »

TOD - Go to the Head of the Class, Careers, and Barbie: Queen of the Prom.  I still have them on the top shelf of one of my Momcave bookcases.  When Rob was going through stuff in his old room over the weekend, he took his Monopoly, Battleship, and Chess and Mary Linda said, "Oh, we can use those with our friends!"

As for cards, one of my fondest pre-college memories is playing cards on the screened porch that my dad and brother-in-law built onto our house in Detroit.  The house was not air conditioned, so my parents and I would sit up at night until our bedrooms were cool enough for sleeping.  Our game of choice was a rummy called Liverpool.  My grandmother and I played endless games of Canasta and, when I was in college, my parents taught me a game called Spite 'n' Malice. 

Being married for almost 32 years to someone who's not a card-player, I've forgotten the ins and outs of those games.  I do now enjoy playing Words with Friends (scrabble) on my phone with friends all over the country and I just made the mistake of installing a Solitaire app.  Might have to remove that one - it's too addictive and drains the battery!

You are the only other person I know who had a Barbie game.  I wish I still had mine.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2012, 10:22:21 AM »

My school is driving me crazy. It canceled my registration for the fall semester for no reason and no one is available to try to help straighten it out.

REGISTRATION VIBES!!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2012, 10:22:37 AM »

TOD...

Games:

Candyland was the first board game I played. I have played Happy Hippos, Trouble, Connect 4, Checkers, Chinese Checkers, Scrabble, Battleship, Monopoly, and Life.

I still like to play Trivial Pursuit and Scattergories.

Card games:

Rummy, Solitaire, Whist...along with building card houses...

Jane

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »

School problems are getting worse. Not better. Am thinking of dropping out of the program.

:(

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »

There was a Barbie board game?

I do recall ones for Facts of Life and Little House on the Prairie. I have also seen one for Sweet Valley High

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »

School vibes to JOhn G....

Jane

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »

There was a Barbie board game?

I do recall ones for Facts of Life and Little House on the Prairie. I have also seen one for Sweet Valley High

I doubt it was still around when you were young.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »

I am sort of shocked that nobody around here had this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsQpTbQ9Uo

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2012, 11:14:16 AM »

I'll just sit quietly here and wait for a certain orchestrators response to this.....

FJL

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »

School registration vibes to John G

Doug R

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »

TOD:

Always loved Monopoly and still play it at Christmas (last year we played New York Monopoly).
Nver been keen on card games - probably because I'm hopeless at them.

Doug R

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:19 AM »

I couldn't get tickets for the Olympics but I was able to get to the Olympic Stadium today to see the Paralympics. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a wonderful experience to be there.....and I'm not even interested in sport!

John G.

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

My sisters played that. The dream was the dud, though, in their opinion.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »

My sisters played that. The dream was the dud, though, in their opinion.

They usually are, DR John G, they usually are!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »

Off to the gym, then to a fitting dinner - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »

TOD:

When I was a kid, I loved Masterpiece, a board game with paintings from the Art Institute of Chicago. Taught me a bit about the styles of painters and introduced me to a few that I still love.

Then Scrabble was a major time consumer. Enjoyed that plenty with some good scotch on the side.

My, you were a precocious child!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2012, 12:12:20 PM »

One more post.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up