Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY I DID NOTHING  (Read 36306 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE DAY I DID NOTHING
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 10:29:11 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »

Back from work (if what I do can be described as such) but I managed to order the new Kritzerland while mobile  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »

I went back to sleep, and got back up at eleven - not quite eight hours.  Lots of orders so far, which is a good thing.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 11:50:17 AM »

The Kritzerland site seems to be "down" at the moment.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 11:50:49 AM »

DR CHAS SMITH we are doing HARVEY in September, 2013.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 11:52:27 AM »

Tonight - newspaper photos and production photos for SEE HOW THEY RUN.

THE CRUCIBLE read thru last night a DePauw was very nice.  There are some good actors in the play....including those playing John Procter and his wife Elizabeth.....Samuel Parris and Mr. Hale.....

I just have one scene and one line in another scene.....so my schedule won't be too bad, until tech week.

FJL

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »

DR CHAS SMITH we are doing HARVEY in September, 2013.

The fellow who played the title role of Harvey in the recent Broadway production was quite the diva.  Always zoomed into his limo, never signed programs or posed for photos.  Jim Parsons and Carol Kane of course were just lovely.  Charles Kimbrough was a doll as well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2012, 12:02:35 PM »

No sign of any repairmen today, so I guess it's time to head back uptown.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »

Love Carol Kane. I remember when was in this Bess Armstrong sitcom called "All Is Forgiven." In one episode, Carol gave Bess one of her trademark family looks and said, "Who died and made you my mother?" I still laugh when I remember that line. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2012, 12:10:19 PM »

No sign of any repairmen today, so I guess it's time to head back uptown.
Bummer.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »

I have a special affection for HARVEY.

It was the first stage play I ever saw.

I was 5 years old, and it was the national company with Joe E. Brown.

My big disappointment (back then) was that the rabbit never appeared on the stage.

I've never seen it on stage, but would happily do so sometime just to try out a different take on it.

The ZACH here in Austin is doing it this season.  The actor who played the lead in their production last year of THE DROWSY CHAPERONE is playing Elwood.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »

Dorothy McGuire died. Didn't know she was still alive. The sisters were from Middletown, right, Ginny? Elmore?

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2012/09/09/dorothy_mcguire_of_mcguire_sisters_dies_at_84/
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »

Yes, DR John G, the McGuire Sisters were from this area and the item on MiddletownJournal.com says Dorothy was a graduate of Middletown High School (DR Elmore's, DH Richard's, and DS Rob's alma mater).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »

Remember last night, I mentioned a French restaurant from my Ann Arbor days but couldn't recall the name of it?  I sent a question via the Ann Arbor District Library (public library) website and they checked the city directory for 1970 and - voila! - it was Chez Crepe!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2012, 12:51:49 PM »

DR Mike - Wasn't "Dreamers" recorded by Sarah Brightman on her "Songs That Got Away" disc?

I treasure this recording... it's part of the soundtrack of my life at the time

I love this recording, also...for me, though, it's part of the cast recording of my life. :D

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »

Some piece of crap took down our web host - they are the biggest web host in the world and it's affecting millions of sites, not just ours, obviously.  They're working as fast as they can to restore - this does not instill confidence that their security is of the highest order.  Some twit on Twitter is bragging about being responsible.  Hopefully, the can get a judge to compel Twitter to release the jerk's information to the authorities. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »

But for now, this is costing us thousands of dollars an hour on a new release day - people are in panic mode and simply ordering elsewhere.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2012, 01:16:54 PM »

DR Mike - Wasn't "Dreamers" recorded by Sarah Brightman on her "Songs That Got Away" disc?

I treasure this recording... it's part of the soundtrack of my life at the time

I love this recording, also...for me, though, it's part of the cast recording of my life. :D

;)

Oh, whatever, DR George   LOL   :-)

John G.

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »

That's a shame, bk. It happened to my biz email account today, too. Thankfully, we moved the website to an independent local host a few months back, so the site was up.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »

Inner web vibes for Kritzerland.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »

Off to the theatre for photos and rehearsals.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »

And it's Monday.  I apologize for being E&T, but it's been a tough week.  Legally Blonde is up and runniung and already seems like a huge success.  The only thing that's still an issue is the balance.  We are working hard at making it work.  It's a loud show, nothing too much you can do with it.

An older patron came down to the pit yesterday and said "we can't hear the singers", I replied "We are all working very hard to be sure you can hear the singers"  She said, "What can you do about it"  I replied again, "We are all working very hard to be sure you can hear the singers"  She said "We see plays here all the time and this is the worst when we can't hear the singers, we have never had this problem, what are you going to do about it?"  I said, a little bit more terse.. "We are all working very hard to be sure you can hear the singers"  She said "You don't have to get upset about it".  I said "Ma'am, I have said 3 times that we are working on this issue, I don't know what else to tell you"   She said, "Well, I'll going to find someone that can fix this, or I'm asking for my money back"  I said, "Fine". 

Then I turn around and my rhythm section is just staring at me.  I said "Thanks for your help guys"  :)  The quiet, kind hearted guitar player said "F**king unbelievable"....

I noticed that the ladies that were complaining had assisted listening devices.  I should have told them to take them out of their ears during the songs.  Who knows what they are actually hearing.

And I'm done....

Actually, it might have been a good suggestion that the sound quality could be better without hearing aids.  I suspect the lady wanted you to tell her exactly what you were doing to improve the sound, not that you were working on it.  ::)

Jane

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »

Dorothy McGuire died. Didn't know she was still alive. The sisters were from Middletown, right, Ginny? Elmore?

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2012/09/09/dorothy_mcguire_of_mcguire_sisters_dies_at_84/

Thank you for the link.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »

And it's Monday.  I apologize for being E&T, but it's been a tough week.  Legally Blonde is up and runniung and already seems like a huge success.  The only thing that's still an issue is the balance.  We are working hard at making it work.  It's a loud show, nothing too much you can do with it.

An older patron came down to the pit yesterday and said "we can't hear the singers", I replied "We are all working very hard to be sure you can hear the singers"  She said, "What can you do about it"  I replied again, "We are all working very hard to be sure you can hear the singers"  She said "We see plays here all the time and this is the worst when we can't hear the singers, we have never had this problem, what are you going to do about it?"  I said, a little bit more terse.. "We are all working very hard to be sure you can hear the singers"  She said "You don't have to get upset about it".  I said "Ma'am, I have said 3 times that we are working on this issue, I don't know what else to tell you"   She said, "Well, I'll going to find someone that can fix this, or I'm asking for my money back"  I said, "Fine". 

Then I turn around and my rhythm section is just staring at me.  I said "Thanks for your help guys"  :)  The quiet, kind hearted guitar player said "F**king unbelievable"....

I noticed that the ladies that were complaining had assisted listening devices.  I should have told them to take them out of their ears during the songs.  Who knows what they are actually hearing.

And I'm done....

Actually, it might have been a good suggestion that the sound quality could be better without hearing aids.  I suspect the lady wanted you to tell her exactly what you were doing to improve the sound, not that you were working on it.  ::)

She would have been sorry she even asked if I gave her the answer.  Some things are just above the average theatre goer.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »

Inner web vibes for Kritzerland.

DITTO!!!

Jane

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2012, 01:31:14 PM »

And I'm done....

She would have been sorry she even asked if I gave her the answer.  Some things are just above the average theatre goer.

;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2012, 01:33:50 PM »

Yes. Their mother was an evangelist at a church in Germantown. My Uncle Bob dated Phyllis McGuire in high school.  The McGuire Sisters were pointed out ro us in grade school as a symbl of clean Middletown living. when Phyllis got mixed up with the mafia, all that talk stopped.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »

LOL, DR Elmore!

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »

Here is the Middletown Journal article about:

Dorothy McGuire Williamson

John G.

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2012, 01:52:45 PM »

Yes. Their mother was an evangelist at a church in Germantown. My Uncle Bob dated Phyllis McGuire in high school.  The McGuire Sisters were pointed out ro us in grade school as a symbl of clean Middletown living. when Phyllis got mixed up with the mafia, all that talk stopped.
Yeah, I forgot the family ties.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up